“Excellent stay”

Ranked #21 of 113 Hotels in Fort Worth
Nuremberg, Germany
“Excellent stay”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

The bathrooms are somehow shabby and need renovation but the else is excellent. Extremely friendly staff all around. The lobby is one of the most beautiful lobbies I have ever experienced. Would come back for my next visits to Dallas

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Kristofer C, General Manager at DFW Airport Marriott South, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Saponifire Thank You very much for your comments and we are glad that you enjoyed the lobby and your stay. We are happy to tell you that we will be undergoing a bathroom rennovation this summer. We can't wait to show you are new bathrooms later this year and are excited to have you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I had a long day of travel and got to the hotel after 9 pm. It was nice Marriott, excellent check in and very welcoming. The room was nice, standard Marriott. Concierge was closed for the night, but was open the next morning.
And like some of the previous reviews, I must say the bacon was outstanding. Unreal, but it was really amazing. Breakfast concierge was very satisfying.
This hotel has a great staff, everybody was helpful, cheerful and professional.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
6 Thank Brklynrider
Kristofer C, General Manager at DFW Airport Marriott South, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Brklynrider WOW we appreciate the wonderful feedback. I am so happy of the service you received. We are very fortunate here to have a great staff and it is great you were able to experience it. I also want you to know this year we will be remodling our bathrooms in our rooms which I beleive will be a great enhancement to our room product. We hope to see you again soon.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Recently returned from another stay at this hotel and it was great. The first time we stayed here was for a Cowboy football game. The room was great. Very clean, comfortable beds, etc. Front desk personal were also very nice. The only complaint I have about this stay was that the hotel bar/restaurant in the lobby area needs much improvement. We did not eat here, only had drinks the night before the football game and then again prior to leaving for the game the next evening.
The service was terrible. Very slow and there were dirty tables all around us. It was quite busy so people were having to move dirty dishes themselves from tables so they could sit down. Even then tables were not being cleaned/wiped down from the waitstaff when they came to take orders for food/drinks. We saw this happen to several groups of people and it was a real turn off.
The next trip we stayed here was 2 times within a one week period, just a quick layover...arriving late and then leaving early in the morning for the airport. Again, both times the front desk was very nice and rooms were very clean. Beds and pillows were also VERY comfortable. Recommend this hotel for anyone that needs to be close by to the airport.
Airport shuttle was also great and the driver(s) were very friendly!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Txgirltravels
Kristofer C, General Manager at DFW Airport Marriott South, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Txgirltravels Thank you so much for the response. I am glad you enjoy the comfort and cleanliness of the hotel as well as the service recieved overall in the hotel. I was dissapointed to see some of the issues that you encountered in the restaurant however I think you will be very happy as we have recently hired a new River City Grille Manager as well as are going to be updating and changing the food and beverage menus very soon. We can't wait to see you again soon for a Cowboys win.
Pendleton, Indiana
Reviewed March 6, 2014

While staying here for a medical missions conference, I was enjoying breakfast when Mr. Andre Taylor came by to bus my table. His outgoing nature and enthusiasm was refreshing. I asked to speak to a supervisor to complement him. He rather sheepishly told me that he was a supervisor. I was absolutely blown away by his humble attitude and good work. If I was to grade him on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the best, I would give him a 12. Thank you for a job superbly done. I was indeed blessed to have met him.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Kristofer C, General Manager at DFW Airport Marriott South, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Gary Thank you again for your stay. It as a pleasure to host you here and glad you had such a great time. We are lucky to have such great staff like Andre and can't wait to get the opportunity to host you again. We can't wait to see you soon.
chicago
Reviewed March 6, 2014

One of the nicer airport hotel in the DFW airport area. Stayed for one night and everything was great. I was great by a nice gentleman and my room was ready when I got the hotel. The room was a nice size and very clean. I was on the 7th floor and it was nice and quite. Did not take the hotel shuttle but they did offer one from and to the airport. Check out was fast and easy.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Nikki Thank you so much for staying with us recently and for the great post about your stay. We are so happy you enjoyed the room and the location. Even more important it was excellent to see that you enjoyed the service. We hope to see you again soon.
Virginia Beach
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

These folks made my plane cancellation tolerable. The front desk clerk was helpful and cheerful. The landscaping was gorgeous and the room was comfortable. I recommend this relaxing hotel to all DFW travellers.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Kristofer C, General Manager at DFW Airport Marriott South, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
GottaGetAwayRightNow Thank you so much for the review. We are sorry to hear your plane reservation was cancelled but glad you had a great time with us. We hope that you will come back this time for vacation or maybe some business to see us soon.
Chester, Virginia
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Chose this location due to the fact I was arriving at the airport at around midnight, and their complimentary shuttle service runs until 1am.

Room was fine, but what really shined was the concierge lounge in the morning. Pepper crusted bacon, cooked just right, chewy, not crunchy or burned. I think I had thirds, it was so delicious. You do need to be a gold level member or better to experince this though.

Only negative was waiting for a cab that didn't show up on time, but I can't really fault the hotel for that. If you do need to take a taxi, make the reservation in advance, as cabs aren't waiting outside.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank chris b
Kristofer C, General Manager at DFW Airport Marriott South, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
Chris B Thank you so much for the great response and I am so glad you had a great experience. We are happy you enjoyed our Bacon we completely agree that it is delicious and glad you were able to enjoy it. Also thank you for letting us know about the Taxi service as we certainly don't want anything taking away from the experience at our hotel or the DFW area. We hope to see you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Worth
Hyatt Place DFW
Hyatt Place DFW
#1 of 8 in Euless
Hilton Garden Inn DFW Airport South

Been to DFW Airport Marriott South? Share your experiences!