DFW Airport Marriott South
$180
Renaissance Hotels
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Omni Fort Worth Hotel(Fort Worth)
$170
$99
Omni Hotels
  • Pool
$123
$108
Hyatt.com
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Worth North(Fort Worth)(Great Value!)
$94
La Quinta
$93
$76
All reviewsdfw airportm clubmissed flightconcierge loungeamerican airlinesearly flightdallas cowboyscowboys gameshuttle serviceindoor poolconference roombusiness meetingbreakfast buffetnice lobbyroom serviceup to dateawesome hotel
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband and I needed a hotel that had regular shuttle service to the airport but since we were meeting some folks who had to drive in we wanted to stay out of the road construction as much possible. We are Marriott Silver elite and wanted a full service hotel so we chose the Marriott DFW South.

First of all, this hotel has some of the best staff I have ever experienced in a hotel. Dan is a funny, warm and interesting shuttle driver who always knows what to say and who immediately helps out when things get busy. April at the front desk is always willing to go the extra mile to make your experience special. Tiffany the morning restaurant manager is warm, friendly and knowledgeable and exceptional at taking care of the guests. Danielle and Joe do a fine job behind the bar or waiting tables when needed. This hotel is blessed with an exceptionally interesting, intelligent and professional staff.

The hotel has all the basic amenities of a full service hotel. Though we didn’t have the opportunity to use it, the workout room appeared sufficient. The pool is also OK for a quick swim but there is only an inside pool with no place to sit outside and soak up the sun. There are no loungers, just upright seats, and no food or beverage service close by. It was clean, and neat but the water is a bit cool because you are inside. It would be a perfect setting for a hot tub, but unfortunately there isn’t one.

Our overall stay here was an enjoyable experience, but a lot of that was due to the warmth and professionalism of the employees. The property is pretty but absent the higher end add-ons.
The rooms are standard, up-to-date, comfortable and nice, but not as special as the prices would make you think. For this price point I would expect at minimum a refrigerator and microwave in every room but was disappointed that neither was available. The air conditioning was also a disappointment. Granting that it was Texas in July, but a Marriott in Fort Worth should have AC in the rooms that can handle to load. It’s sad when you have to come home to have AC that is comfortable.

The fountain in the main lobby is very nice and the food in the restaurant is better than hotel average. The employees do an amazing job of creating a comfortable environment and if this location works we might recommend it to a friend. However, it's more than likely we would suggest to them that they pursue a property that offers more amenities and gives them a better return for their money.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LifesaBanquet
Reviewed June 29, 2012

The wife and I recently stayed here the night before our flight and took advantage of the stay here park here rate. This was a first stay in a full sized Marriott and we were curious as to the differences between it and say the Courtyard (which also offers park and fly). All in all I was not "wowed" by this hotel, but neither was I unhappy.

The hotel has a nice lobby area with a large fountain flanked by the ballrooms and restaurants. The room itself was unremarkable except for the soundproofing, which was excellent to the outside and good to the inside. (Its underneath the DFW flightpath.) We stayed on the club level but I was quite disappointed to discover that the club lounge was closed during the weekends. They did, however, give us free breakfast coupons, and the breakfast was quite nice. There was a large wedding going on at the hotel that evening and lots of people were having a good time but it was not a disruptive atmosphere. There is also a new Holiday Inn right next door to the hotel to the north blocking any view there ever was of the airport.

We did very much like the gym, it was a very nice setup, very clean with very new equipment. The pool area was however very small and all indoors. The airport shuttle was very prompt and efficient on both the dropping off and picking us up on the way back. The service was very good, no complaints and I noticed that any trash left lieing around was quickly picked up.

Overall it was good for what we were needing, park and fly. Depending on how many of the amenities you used really would make the difference.

Room Tip: 7th & 8th floor are club levels.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2012

After a 7 hour airtrip with weather airport closures,should have been 3, and a side trip to Abilene to refuel before going back to DFW, it was a welcome relief to stay at DFW Marriot South. There is something comforting about a hot meal and a glass of wine in an atractive lobby, and a confortable room to catch a few hours sleep, that makes this property one I would recommend. Sympathetic staff, and a real concern over its unplanned arrival guests, I would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 27, 2012

A recent bout of delayed and cancelled flights required me to switch the first night of my usual Sun-Thu Waterford Marriott OKC to the DFW Marriott South. The airline indicated I would not be making my connecting flight to OKC and re-booked me for a morning departure out of DFW.
Just prior to landing, the flight attendant informed me that the connecting flight was also severely delayed and there was a chance I could make my flight (they would honor my original ticket).

Quick – back on the phone to Marriott to cancel my one night in DFW Marriott South and reclaim my Sunday night at the Waterford Marriott OKC. All is well – I thought.
My room at the Waterford Marriott OKC was successfully re-booked and I was told there would not be a charge for the change (very understanding of the weather in the mid-west). However, the cancellation was never sent to the DFW Marriott South hotel. As my hands were full of luggage as I ran between terminals, I did not record my cancellation number.

Now the true insult begins. I contacted the DFW Marriott South and explained the situation. Being a 13 year road warrior and veteran of Marriott hotels, surely they could work with me regarding this room charge. The General Manager (Jeremy [--]) must have felt my brand loyalty had no value, as he did not return either of my phone calls. Instead he relayed his denial though one of his staff. Even after the Manager of the Waterford Marriott OKC called on my behalf, “the no-show losses sustained by our hotel in the prior month were too high” and they were not budging on their decision.

My name would be mud in the consulting community if I treated my customers with such indifference and inflexibility. In conclusion, Jeremy [--] is the type of manager that exemplifies the reason loyal customers break away to new venues. I for one will spread the news that the Marriot DFW South should be shunned and may the next closest Marriott reap the benefits of loyal customers.

OBTW - Did I mention how amazing the staff is at the Waterford Marriott OKC?

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank msl639
Jeremy B, General Manager at DFW Airport Marriott South, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2012

Ms. Wilson,

It was a pleasure speaking with you today. Please accept my deepest apologies. As we discussed I was not made aware that you had stayed at another Marriott and unfortunately I was not called by the hotel in Oklahoma. Unfortunately Marriott had no record of the reservation being cancelled. However it is our practice to refund no show charges if the guest stayed in another Marriott property that same night. I have refunded the no show charge back to your card. Thank you for taking the time to speak with me and for being such a loyal Marriott traveler.

If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to let me know.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

As previous posters have commented, this hotel is beter for for car travelers. There isn't really anything close by or "happening" area. One of the reasons why I tried not to stay here too often on business is that I was not a fan of the dining. I LOVED the staff in the concierge club (past was Donna and now Jennifer in the evenings & Joanie in the mornings). I've always enjoyed the club room and the guests I've met there. This trip, the club room didn't really have many food items when I walked in, so I ventured down to the restaurant to eat. I had hated it in the past, but that was over two years ago. What I ate this trip was nothing short of amazing! I had asked for some recommendations from Jennifer and she gave some good insight.
I sat at the bar and Annette was so friendly and helpful. The bread was delicious and I almost let it spoil my appetite. It was warm, thick and had some great spice and seasoning cooked in. The bacon wrapped shrimp with a BBQ sauce (called angels drawn on a horse or something like that) smelled so good...I actually had to steal some from the stranger sitting next to me, (who was kind enough to let me try it and give me his last one when he couldn't finish it). I orderered the Halibut fish. I selected a dressing, but truthfully, it was so good prepared the way it came, I did not eat any of the crab fondu I ordered with it. The gentleman next to me had the Snapper and said it was also very good. The veggie of the day was a green bean and carrot that was equally delicious.
I know this is supposed to be a hotel review...but the food at the hotel restaurant was so good, I'd be remiss if I didn't describe it. And to think I went to bed hungry the night before to avoid eating at the restaurant. Aso, I found their alcohol selection very good and resonable. (they even had Balvenie 21).
Previous posters have commented on the room - typical Marriott room. I have no complaints. Every staff member was very, very friendly.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business