“fabulous place!”

DFW Airport Marriott South
Ranked #21 of 115 Hotels in Fort Worth
Reviewed March 1, 2012

Warm and friendly staff; treated like a queen; clean, comfortable rooms; very attentive staff!! Cognitive of allergies and responsive to my needs. Would fly there just to stay at this hotel for vacation! Daylight GM was WONDERFUL! While this review may sound like I'm easy to please, the opposite is true. It is rare that i have this positive of an experience while traveling.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed January 29, 2012

Stayed Jan 24th - 26th for a recent business meeting. The accomodations were very clean, quiet and comfortable. Restaurant was fine and it was nice to have something with variety within the hotel. What made this experience really stand out was the service from all the staff; every staff member greeted you when passing. A particular stand out was Brandon O., Guest Services Manager. We'd arranged for a bus transport to dinner one night and the bus driver locked his keys in the bus. Hearing of this and w/o being asked to help, Brandon notified me and got 3 hotel vans together to take us to the restaurant so we'd not miss our reservations. This was completely unexpected and very appreciated! Thanks to Brandon and all the staff at the DFW Marriott South for taking great care of your guests. Our company will definitely be back again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 10, 2012

I stayed here as part of a business trip in December 2011 and the hotel was very pleasant with nice, clean common areas, good bar and good food. The rooms were medium sized and the staff for the most part were polite and helpful. The location is not ideal if you want to get 'out and about' as there is nothing nearby.

Upon arrival, i called the hotel and they sent over the courtesy shuttle bus after about 15-20minutes. At check-in the staff were very helpful although i did find out later that there was a message left for me upon arrival that i was never given.

The hotel is ideal if you are travelling on business or using the nearby airport but cab fare to Dallas is about $80 and to Fort Worth $50 according to staff. I would stay again but only if travelling on business.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 30, 2011

I've been an elite level marriott rewards member for many of the past 8 years. That didn't seem to matter a lot to this hotel. This was also the first time I brought my entire family to a full Marriott.
We had a little trouble finding the hotel because the national reservation hotline gave us the wrong street name, and it didn't show up in our gps.
They gave us a room that backed up to the elevator, even though there were other rooms available. By the time I realized this was done, my kids had already messed up the beds and bathroom area so I felt we should stay in the room. It was like sleeping near a subway- I know because I've tried to do that before. Later the manager said this was an accident.
We booked a 'stay and eat' deal and should have received breakfast tickets at check-in but we did not. Instead we waited in the restaurant while the staff whispered back and forth and eventually validated our story with the front desk that in fact we had paid for the breakfast deal. They apologized for that inconvenience also.
There was a used coffee straw in the closet, the printer in the business center was out of order and the internet access in the business center was very slow.
Beyond all that, breakfast was very good, the pool was excellent, the hotel staff friendly and the facilities were very impressive.
This hotel has the presence of a nice hotel but left too many details out for me to believe it has the service class of one. For the money, you'll probably be happier elsewhere. If you decide to stay, don't count on them to take care of all the details.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevators and ice machines.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Jeremy B, General Manager at DFW Airport Marriott South, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2012

Thank you for taking the time, to share your feedback on Trip Advisor. As we discussed we have refunded your stay to your credit card. If there is anything else I can do please do not hesitate to let me know. Once again please accept my apologies and thatnk you for being loyal to Marriott.

sincerely,

Jeremy Berlin

Reviewed November 20, 2011

Did you know that Marriot had a Woman's floor? I didnot and it was too cool. Women in high heels clacking along in brief cases came to a surprising halt when the elevators doors slid open nad we saw on the Wall a sign that indicated womens floor women only!
Those of us on the elevator looked at each other in surprise and said wow just like dormns in College. I skipped to my room to call my spouse to share with him that I was in this lovely corner room with a balcony and great views and he said I wonder if I drove up quickly if I could spend the night with you? Nope I chirped somewhat gleeful that us women had our own floor and no men allowed. Sorry not tonight. It was kinda nice to revel in the thought if I wondered down the floor in my P. J's to get ice I didnot have to worry about who saw me or worse that there could be a lurker that followed me to my hotel room. I liked my stay, I loved John the front desk clerk who gave me my room and enjoyed the great service and being able to get on the van and to to the airport at any time. I took my flight out to Conn then came back and was picked up from the airport by their van in under ten minutes. The driver handled my lugage for me and made the whole trip so easy! Yeah ,Marriott!

Room Tip: If you are a woman traveling alone as for the womens floor and the room at the end with the balconY
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank kudzie100
Reviewed October 31, 2011

The staff is the highlight of this hotel. They are friendly and very helpful. It keeps me cming back to this hotel.

The location is car oriented. The only thing within walking distance is a small strip shopping center with a couple of restaurants, a starbucks.
The gas station/convenience store right next door sells sandwiches and beer and wine.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank EM57_Traveler
Reviewed October 19, 2011

I stayed here on points on a Sunday - I'm elite, so I had a room on the concierge level. The room itself was nothing special, but clean; the bed was nice, free wifi for being elite, LCD TV with HD, and the bathroom was clean with some counter space.
What impressed me about this hotel was the service & attitude with customers. From the minute I checked in, I was made to "feel at home" - the check-in agent walks out from behind his desk, personally point out the hallway to the elevators - oh, and called me by my name in doing so; as stated, very friendly. The concierge level attendants both in the evening and following morning, engaged me and asked my name and chit-chatted. They were friendly. Even a maintenance guy walking down the hall said hello. A lot of hotels could take a cue from this property and share the attitude. It's like I stepped into the past, maybe back 10 years. Anyways, one more suggestion. There is an Asian/Sushi/Hibachi restaurant about 3 miles away in Euless, called Asian Village (google it) - great food, takeout & delivery, too.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
#1 of 8 in Euless
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Worth Eastchase
Hyatt Place Fort Worth Cityview
Best Western Fort Worth Inn & Suites

Been to DFW Airport Marriott South? Share your experiences!