The hotel itself is decent, the rooms are nice and if you're on the upper floors you have a nice view usually. It's a little pricey for a Courtyard, but then you are in the center of Ft. Worth and there are a lot of bars and restaurants within easy walking distance.
The thing that gets me most is that you pay about $200 a night (incl taxes) and then you have to pay them $10 to park your car in their lot regardless whether you're a guest. Add a tip for the attendant and you're starting to get into NYC range, in Ft. Worth Texas.
All in all I'll probably continue staying there as there are not a lot of great options in the area. Maybe that's why they can charge what they do.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience old-fashioned luxury, fully updated with the latest technology, at the historic Courtyard Downtown Fort Worth Hotel. Marvel at the spires and terraces of the stunning 23-story, 1929 art deco building; a local landmark. Formerly known as the Blackstone Hotel, our establishment was a favorite of John Wayne, Clark Gable, & many of history's biggest celebrities. Our Fort Worth, TX hotel in Sundance Square is just four blocks from the Convention Center and ten minutes from the restaurants and shops of the famous Fort Worth Stockyards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Courtyard Fort Worth Downtown/Blackstone reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Fort Worth Downtown/Blackstone Hotel Fort Worth
- Courtyard Fort Worth Downtown
- Fort Worth Courtyard
- Fort Worth Marriott