We stayed at this hotel for 4 days while attending a wedding. I was surprised at some of the negative comments because we had an excellent stay here. We found no issue with the valet parking, actually found it very convenient. You drive in on the back side of the hotel, they take your car and then you walk a few steps to the front desk. I could see there being a slow down if there were a lot of people checking in or out, but what hotel doesn't have that problem.
Every where we went in the hotel we were greeted by very helpful and cheerful employees. From the valet, to the front desk people to housekeeping. It made for a very pleasant stay. There is a bakery next to the front desk area, a great burger and sanwich bar across the street and a good pizza joint on the corner. If you don't like those there are a plethora of great restaurants surrounding the area, including a Ruth Chris steakhouse.
We had a room with a king size bed that was spotless. The shower worked great and amenities were kept stocked. The pool area is on the 5th floor and is normal size for what you would expect for a hotel. The gym was very well appointed with just about everything you would need from tradmills to free weights. There is also a terrace on the 3rd floor for comfortable outdoor sitting.
The hotel is about 30 minutes from either of the major airports and not too hard to find. We would definitely stay here again and would recommend this to anyone.
We were on the 18th floor and on the backside of the hotel so street noise was not an issue. The bed was firm but comfortable. I would suggest foam pillows though as the feather pillows were a little too packed
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience old-fashioned luxury, fully updated with the latest technology, at the historic Courtyard Downtown Fort Worth Hotel. Marvel at the spires and terraces of the stunning 23-story, 1929 art deco building; a local landmark. Formerly known as the Blackstone Hotel, our establishment was a favorite of John Wayne, Clark Gable, & many of history's biggest celebrities. Our Fort Worth, TX hotel in Sundance Square is just four blocks from the Convention Center and ten minutes from the restaurants and shops of the famous Fort Worth Stockyards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Courtyard Fort Worth Downtown/Blackstone reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Fort Worth Downtown/Blackstone Hotel Fort Worth
- Courtyard Fort Worth Downtown
- Fort Worth Marriott
- Fort Worth Courtyard