“Dawson is Awesome! The Ard Family ♥”
Review of Fort Worth Tours

Fort Worth Tours
Ranked #3 of 27 Tours in Fort Worth
pamplico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Dawson is Awesome! The Ard Family ♥”
Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

Arranged a Fort Worth Tour during a visit to the town for a convention. Really wanted to find something fun and memorable that my teenagers would remember. To be honest, I was a bit concerned about them enjoying it, but it was definifely the highlight of our trip. Mr. Dawson had so much knowledge of the town and was truly passionate about what he relayed us. He took you back to years past and brought you through time to today. My husband made the comment after the tour "Wow, I feel like I grew up in Fort Worth!" There are so many things that Dawson brought to life for us and for the remainder of the week in Fort Worth my kids would say "Look...that building is...or that statue means...". We never would have even noticed them had we not taken this tour! Definitely worth the time, money and special attention that Dawson gives you! Dawson is AWESOME!!!

6 Thank jpard

Winchester, Virginia
“Alice”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Dawson made the history come alive with stories. Now organizing photos and notes to be able to share them with my mothers assisted living residents. A great tour for 4 to 41/2 hours. Thanks Alice, David & Bobby

Visited June 2014
6 Thank David M
Palmdale, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“What a Tour!”
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Dawson, our guide, was great. He was very informative. He had a great wealth of knowledge about the history of Ft Worth and Texas overall. He took extra time with us as we were the only ones on the tour on this particular afternoon. We really enjoyed ourselves and would recommend the tour and Dawson to all other interested in getting detailed knowledge of the Ft Worth history.

Visited May 2014
7 Thank Ronald M
Erie, Pennsylvania
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Fantastic historical tour of Fort Worth”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

My husband and I travel frequently and always take a tour of the area we are visiting. The tour offered by Dawson Granade is by far the best tour we have taken. He picked us up at our hotel and gave us a thorough historical perspective of Fort Worth through pictures, stories and visiting sights. It was the highlight of our trip and his love for the city was infectious. We would highly recommend taking the tour and he has many suggestions for museums, restaurants and other historical venues to visit. Thank you Dawson for making our visit to Fort Worth so memorable!

Visited April 2014
6 Thank KBTB1
Sun Lakes, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“… a history professor talking about his favorite subject”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Every once in a while we all come across someone who dramatically changes the way we see and appreciate things. For us, the place was Ft Worth and that person was Dawson Granade in telling us the stories and the history of Ft. Worth. Very seldom do we meet people with the enthusiasm, knowledge, and excitement that he exuded in showing off his city to us.

This is how the next generation will learn about and come to respect their history and heritage. We’re all looking for people like Dawson who can excite us with the real-life stories of the people who lived, worked, and built their country and cities. My wife and I were most fortunate to be the entire private tour listening to this passionate history professor who loves and lives his proudest subject, the City of Ft. Worth. A hundred people in an auditorium, or a hundred-thousand on-line participants would have loved to hear what we experienced that day. Thank you, Dawson; we sincerely appreciated the time you spent with us.

We’ve been on many city tours before, which are often soon forgotten. It’s amazing how often this time, during the days that followed, did I replay his descriptions in my mind as we travelled about the city. The pictures he painted for us were very much alive and memorable. It’s been almost two weeks since we visited Ft. Worth and I’m still marveling at the sights and descriptions he provided.

The stories and descriptions he described should be recorded so others can enjoy what we learned of Ft. Worth. Dawson is every bit one of the city’s great pioneers as the people he was describing to us. He brought Ft. Worth’s history alive for us. This is the tour to take when you’re in Ft. Worth.

Visited March 2014