“Nice steak for the price”

Saltgrass Steak House
Ranked #90 of 1,631 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Saltgrass Steakhouse was located beside our hotel, Hyatt Place City View so it was very convenient to where we were staying. The food was good, prices were good for lunch but the service was a little slow. We had 7 in our party and maybe that had something to do with it. When the food arrived it was hot and very tasty with the waitress being very attentive to our needs. They had sweet tea which was good and my sirloin steak was cooked to perfection and taste great. My wife had Chicken Fried Chicken and it was a huge portion and she and I ate all of it, very good!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Its been about 3 years since my wife and I stopped in here, and honestly, the last experience was not very impressive, given the tough steaks we were served, but I decided to pop in here for lunch today to see if things had changed. Thankfully, I was more than surprised by the all around experience. My waiter was cheerful and attentive, and the service was top notch. I opted for the chicken fried chicken, but started with the hot and fresh beer bread with whipped honey butter, and added a side spinich salad for a bargain price of only $1.99. The salad was ample, with crumbled pecans and goat cheese, and drizzled with a tasty honey mustard vinigarette, and almost made a meal in itself. The main dish of lightly breaded chicken was delivered quickly, and was served hot with savory peppery gravy and garlic mashed potatoes. The lunch portion size was absolutely perfect, rather than the typical overwhelmingly large chicken fried steaks normally served, and all in all, made for a tremendous lunch outing. I'm definitely coming back in here with someone special to see if their steaks have made as tremendous stides as the rest of the menu. This was good. Real good.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Went here based on recommendation of the hotel. We came in as a group of 8 with no reservation and seated straight away. Which was great. From there on it was horrible. Service was slow and inattentive, asked for waters took forever, never refilled unless we asked. The food was all over the place and steaks were under cooked.

It was not that busy of a Monday night and we watched as staff stood around the serving station talking instead of minding the tables. We all decided to not come back here.

1  Thank mrmcc916
Reviewed September 13, 2013

My boss took me and all the guys to lunch today to say thanks for doing a good job. We all enjoyed our meals tremendously and the wait staff was very attentive and happy to please. If you dine at this restaurant often it is good to get the rewards card. It costs $25.00 up front but the next time you dine there you get the $25.00 off of that meal. Each time you eat there and use the rewards card you rack up points and with so many points you will be given $25.00 off of your next visit. Pretty good thing if you ask me plus the food is great and the Shiner Bock bread is to die for.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Been to this place three times and I would have to say I likely will not return. The place should be renamed the "Salt Steak" Restaurant. The first two visits were fine but locals told me it wasn't the best but I still enjoyed it. This last time the 12 oz sirloin was so salty you could not enjoy it. I wonder if they forgot to pay a bonus or give one of their chefs a littler something extra, so he was taking it out on the patrons. Not to make a scene as I was invited their by a coworker I would have sent it back. My two fellow diners also said their sirloins were overly salted. To top it off the waiter was slow and messed up our order. Instead of getting my 12 oz. medium I ended up with a 16 medium well. We had to ask for refills for the drinks and the check too. It was way overpriced for other comparable establishments with much better food and service. Too noisy too for any sort of business conversation.

1  Thank George F