“Served by a Barista.”
Review of Avoca Coffee

Avoca Coffee
Ranked #5 of 25 Coffee & Tea in Fort Worth
Reviewed February 16, 2014

This is no Starbucks; it is Avoca Roastery & Espresso Lounge. The coffee is Italian style so if you truly love coffee and not bitter coffee hidden by cream, whipped cream and other sweets...This is for you. You can add all the sweets if you want as well. It is a Great place to stop, network or visit with comfortable chairs, an open atmosphere and an awesome cup of coffee served by a true Barista. It can be pretty packed at times...says a lot. One of which is Dayna James who is currently competing in the United States Barista Championship this month. Which would be one of many awards for Avoca. The people are real and stay busy cleaning...which I can appreciate since I don't really go to visit with the employees. They take their jobs very seriously. Pick up a Men of Fairmount Calendar while you are there as well as a great Snicker-doodle cookie; one of many baked goods. My granddaughter has to get one every time we go. They have their morning regulars that know that they can rely on a great cup of Joe. Bonus: They even provide classes. I can't find a better place for decaf coffee with all of the flavor I expect and it is not served scalding hot. Let them know if you want it that way. Many people boast their Cortados. I could go on and on but it would be pretty much like writing a novel. The most recent award is "The Best Coffee in Dallas". Try it out for yourself.

Here is their website: http://avocacoffee.com/

1  Thank Margarette M

Reviewed January 31, 2014

I stopped in on cold day after visiting a family member in the hospital. The best cappuccino that I have had since I was in Italy. Forget Starbucks.

1  Thank SailorDrew
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Fiancée and I had a great cup of coffee here again recently. Nice inside with a lot of open space and a wide variety of people...from what looked to be a gathering of Junior Leaguers to hipsters.

Sugar cookies were unbelievably good...good enough to dip in the press coffee. When we make it down to Magnolia, it's hard to go wrong with ending a lunch or dinner at Avoca. Keep up the great work and don't change a thing with the press coffee...strong, with a great nutty flavor.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Perfection:
-Vanilla lattes
-Health-conscious appeal
-Quick and personable service
-Neighborhood discount

Leaves Much to be Desired:
-My only gripe is that sometimes it gets a little hot inside if you have to sit in a sunny spot

Would I go back here:
Of course! I do it all the time! :)

Details:
I work near Avoca, so stop by often.
It's a great place to sit and chat with a friend or to have a business/professional meeting. Different seating available from couch to overstuffed chair to large table to small 2 top.

1  Thank Country-n-City-Nash
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Went to Avoca and interacted with one of the owners and an employee at the register; they were unbelievably rude and arrogant, especially the owner. I've never been to a coffee shop with such condescending "service". Was the coffee good? Was the venue nice? Who cares, there's no enjoyment of anything after being treated so poorly at the start. Also, it's notably overpriced. Overall my experience was so bad I will not ever consider returning.