“Avoid has it right”
Review of Avoca Coffee

Avoca Coffee
Ranked #3 of 22 Coffee & Tea in Fort Worth
Reviewed June 22, 2012

These folks should skip all the coffee theatrics and learn how to say good morning, be polite, and manage a line of customers. It felt a bit like attending a teenage event where folks are too cool or clueless to say hello and hide their incompetence with a sense of pretension. I waited ten minutes (never again) before some bearded hipster dude could be bothered to take my order. Afterwards several of us tried to figure out which drink his hairyness had deposited on the counter. Avoca is a great place to start off on a bad day. It also overpriced for the hassle.

4  Thank Leandro14

Reviewed May 21, 2012

I liked the service, but I would like to see them add more tea options to their menu.

Reviewed April 13, 2012

LOVE the coffee and ambience at Avoca - we go there for their incredible and aromatic coffee beans and laid back atmosphere. Starbucks was probably this cool when they first started out - worth a visit and has free wifi for patrons

Reviewed March 13, 2012

We are total fanatics of rich, aromatic espresso. My husband and I actually met in line at Peets Coffee in Lafayette, California, so our love affair with coffee runs deep! We sought out this coffee shop after reading about it in a high end magazine that targets Dallas Fort Worth (we now live in Texas). We have been looking for our Peets replacement, since Starbucks is the only game in town and although Starbucks has great cafes, their coffee leaves us a bit, well, unsatisfied. We made the drive out to Fort Worth to try out this little cafe. The place is a converted auto shop, complete with large auto garage doors, and concrete floors. It reminded me of coffee shops that I have been to in Santa Cruz or other California coastal towns - very bohemian with people all around checking their emails, etc. There were even a couple of guys with extremely large microphones there doing what seemed to be some sort of webcast! We ordered two large latte and a couple of truffles (their chocolate is made by Dude, Sweet - very tasty!) and sat down at a leather couch to eat our truffles and wait. We waited, and waited, and waited. Approximately 20 minutes later I approached the counter and asked about our lattes. They don't have a great system for matching up patrons with coffee, and had inadvertantly given ours to someone else. She assured me we were next, so I waited next to the counter to be sure to get ours this time. We finally got them after about 25 minutes of waiting, and they were luke warmish, and the beans were not the robust dark brown variety that we love. Instead they were a light brown, and lacked flavor. The design she added to the top of the latte was impressive, but that was about the most impressive thing about the coffee they served. We will not be making a special drive out for their coffee in the future. Still looking for the Peets replacement, I guess!

1  Thank Joni P
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Overpriced. Mediocre product. Terrible ambiance. Worst of all: RUDE pretentious, cooler-than-thou staff. Save your time and money and go elsewhere.

5  Thank sharkzark