“I received more than my money's worth in staff service, location, cleanliness, and quality.”

Extended Stay America - Fort Worth - Medical Center
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed January 17, 2011

The location was perfect for downtown, Stock Show, or TCU related activities. This hotel is just south of I30 on University Drive. I stay here every year, if I can get a room, during the Stock Show, sometimes several times during the show. The room was clean, and had all the amenities I needed for an extended stay hotel. The staff was very generous and helpful from the beginning. They helped me with the WiFi, which worked very well the entire stay. When I called the last morning to see if I could check out 2 hours late, they checked their incoming lists and then allowed me to check out late without even a charge. I loved their friendly, accomodating manner of the front desk and the housekeeping staff. I will definitely be back again. I have never had a bad stay at this hotel. The price is also right.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank mdsmelser

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Polish first
Houston
Reviewed October 18, 2010

I made my reservation 1 month in advace. Arrived to find out that our non-smoking double room was given to someone else. We were given 2 single SMOKING rooms instead. We had to refuse 1 room because it hadn't been cleaned, unmade bed, cigarette butts all over, etc. Disgusting!!!! The replacement room was also dirty with old food in the refrigerator and dirty dishes in the sink. I desperately tried to find a new hotel but all the hotels were sold out. I was told by desk staff that I could take it or get nothing. Left for outtings the next morning with request to hotel staff to clean dirty room. Returned to find all personal property had been taken. I immediately check out! DON'T STAY AT THIS PROPERTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Thur3
Ferndale, California
Reviewed August 23, 2010

we went to a horse event at the will rogers coliseum and found this hotel to be the most reasonable and to have the most amenities that we needed i.e. refridgerator, laundry facilities, helpful staff and close to our event.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 5, 2010

When visiting TCU, we usually stay at one of the Marriott properties on or around University Drive. This Homestead is a better deal. Not fancy, but clean and reasonably priced. Close to lots of restaurants and some shopping.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank Momplannedit
Moore, Oklahoma
Reviewed May 25, 2009

I am giving this hotel 4 stars, not because it was super awesome, but because it is what I expected for the star level. It was clean, and basic. We didn't have any problems with service, or any noise that was out of the ordinary.

The beds are not comfortable at all. I woke up with back pain. So, if you can swing it, you might want to bring one of those egg crate pads with you.

BTW, got this room for $40 on priceline. If you're looking for something cheap and centrally located you might try it. It is right next to the botanical gardens and close to the zoo.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Carnation, Washington
Reviewed July 8, 2008

We stayed at the Homestead Suites because it was very close to the Will Rogers Center which we were at for two weeks. We wanted a kitchen and laundry because of our length of stay, It was an excellent location. Minutes away from the Will Rogers and across the street from restaurants, shopping and Starbucks. The hotel room was small and very basic, but it had everything we needed including a kitchen. The price was very good compared to the Residence Inn a few doors down. They do not offer daily cleaning but if you stay for 7 days you do get one. There was a mix up in our cleaning day schedule and it never happenedl. The downside is they do not have a swimming pool. Do not expect anything fancy. This is a very basic room. Overall we were happy and for us the location and price were perfect.

• Liked — Price and location
  • Disliked — No pool
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 18, 2006

This hotel is your basic, and I mean BASIC, studio hotel with kitchens. The rooms are extremely small, so small that I had to take the closet doors off their tracks and lean them against the wall in order to keep my luggage from getting in the way of entering and exiting the room. Again, the rooms are VERY small.

Exterior entrances to all rooms, which I really dislike. The were laundry facilities on site, which was a perk. Lots of restaraunts in the area.

If you're looking for budget housing, then this is your best bet. Just don't expect high quality bedding. Bring your own hair dryer and toiletries!

• Liked — Laundry facilities on site
  • Disliked — The thread bare sheets
  • Tips/Secrets — If you're on a tight budget, this is the place to stay.
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled on business