and 1 more site!
Extended Stay America - Fort Worth - Medical Center
Oak Brook, Illinois
“bad attitude”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

got to the hotel at 3pm on the 20th, stood at the front desk about 5 min, finally called the hotel number and told operator i was at the front desk and would like to check in. zack showed up, he didn't say anything, told him i was sorry to bother him but would like to check in, he was rude, guess he was having a bad day, while he was waiting on my credit card authorization, a lady came in to check in also, his attitude totally changed, he welcomed her and carried on a conversation with her while processing her check in, she had a large dog, he said the dog was oversize but he would overlook that, he gave her the room key and told her to have a nice stay, then continued with my check in, didn't say very much after that, i got my key and headed to my room, nice room, train horns are a little loud, hope i don't stay there again

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Worth - Medical Center, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation you described is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have taken the appropriate action to ensure your experience is not repeated. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at ftw@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Polish first
Houston, Texas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

OK. This hotel/motel isn't a 4 or 5 Star property. But it is extremely well situated near TCU and the cultural district museums. You really couldn't get a better location. The rooms are a bit compact, but still quite comfortable. I slept very well on my bed, which compared favorably to another brand name fancy hotel at twice the price! You get WiFi, flatscreen TV, big fridge, microwave, small cooktop, toaster, a dining area for two, utensiles and a pot& pan and a roomy bathroom. They are a bit tight-fisted with the toiletries, but you can get whatever you want at the front desk; just ask. Restaurants within walking distance run the gamut from excellent (and pricey) to awful (and inexpensive). Use your good judgement. Across the street is a large shopping mall with a Barnes & Noble all the way to a Victoria's Secret. Banks with ATMs and gas stations also within yards of the hotel. OK, yes there are trains that sometimes toot their horns, but - hey - this is Fort Worth. You just are not going to get very far from some railroad tracks in this City! What I found attractive about this place (aside from the food trucks & outdoor beer garten across the parking lot which is really cool) is its location right next to a tributary of the Trinity River. Walk out your door, and you've got a jogging / bike trail that goes for miles in a park like setting. Now the downside: the towels are coarse and tiny. My advice: bring your own, you'll be glad that you did.

Room Tip: Ask for a room closest to the river. Less traffic noise from University Blvd.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Gary C
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Worth - Medical Center, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.
San Antonio, Texas, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

A clean and well run smaller hotel with a better than average To Go Breakfast. A food court and pub just opposite makes for a covinient meal in the evening. I had a very good meal from The taste of Lousianna food truck and the local beer from the "pub" was great

Room Tip: I stayed a weekend while participating in an art event. I used Hotwire to book this room
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Worth - Medical Center, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

I and a friend stayed in 2 rooms there recently. I found it to be as the other reviewers described, both the good and bad. The one caveat I have to add is that there's a railyard close by. We were both kept awake most of the night by train horns. Really loud; I carry earplugs when I travel and that didn't help.

Although my experience was only one night, I would imagine the train noise is always an issue. for all the hotels in the area. I'm surprised no one else has mentioned it.

Overall, the hotel itself is fine if you keep your expectations low.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
bbrauss, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Worth - Medical Center, responded to this review, December 31, 2012

I am eager to respond to your issue. Please know that we strive to provide our guests with a relaxing home away from home experience. We do have systems in place to ensure that outside noise doesn't interfere with a guest's stay. Additionally, our hotels are constructed in such a way as to mitigate the noise from outside disturbances. In the event that you are disturbed by an outside event while in your room, a call to the front desk usually ensures a rapid resolution. In your case, we recognize that we failed to operate according to our standard practices, which caused the disturbance to last longer that it should have.

Modesto, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

It was nice and cozy!!! Staff was incredible!!! This hotel surely made me feel right at home.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Worth - Medical Center, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Homestead Fort Worth - Medical Center. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Blue Ridge, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2012

The beds are hard as a rock!!! I have never slept on a harder bed EVER. We originally booked a 2 night stay there and they immediately charged my credit card for both nights. When we checked out the next morning after not being able to sleep a wink the first night, they were unable to refund our money back right then for the second night, we are now having to wait 3-5 days for the refund. They didn't hesitate to get the money, but sure take their time giving it back!!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Paula B
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Worth - Medical Center, responded to this review, March 5, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Homestead Fort Worth - Medical Center. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Given how hard we work to provide our guests with outstanding accommodations, I was troubled to read your remarks about the bed in your suite. Please know how important your comfort is to us. We have chosen bedding that we think best fits our customers' needs, and we continue to look for new ways to satisfy everyone's sleeping preferences.