“Best sushi in FW”

Blue Sushi Sake Grill
Ranked #15 of 1,682 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Fresh and energetic, Blue Sushi Sake Grill serves fun sushi! You will enjoy a dining experience infused with flavor and spirited atmosphere. A large maki, sashimi and nigiri menu complements Asian-inspired cold plates, hot plates, entrees, soups, desserts and an extensive premium sake menu. We offer weekday Sushi Lunch Specials and daily Happy Hour specials!
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We frequent this place; tops for sushi in FW hands down. Closest thing to Tokyo fish market we've found in TX. Jalapeño yellowtail, Spanish fly, and primos fire. Great sake (divine droplets) and Malibu mango martini. Staff and mgmt are great, remember our names. Tops on service every time. Check this one out and come back for seconds, thirds, fourths...

1  Thank hustonsf

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Using a weekend getaway as an excuse to check out some local food in the Dallas and Fort Worth area, I used trip advisor to start some research before the trip. The reviews I found for Blue Sushi Sake Grill were AMAZING, to say the least. That can lean toward skepticism in my book. After looking at the menu online and registering for a newsletter, I promptly received a free starter of edamame. The menu was astounding; there are so many choices for a beginner sushi eater to the most advance and certainly everything in between. I was intrigued by the happy hour from 3-6:30 on Saturday and planned the stop accordingly. The website strongly recommended calling and making reservations, so I did as instructed. Since we were planning a late lunch but earlier than dinner, there was no wait and really no need to make a reservation for two, but the host was kind enough when I did call to make a reservation to make sure I knew exactly how to find them and warned me of the crazy 5 way intersection. There is parking in the street right alongside the restaurant, with valet available as well. If that area was full the host instructed me, when I called, of a free parking garage close to the location.
The hostess provided a very friendly welcome as she crossed my name off the reservation book and showed us to a table. The atmosphere was very relaxed and inviting. Our waitress, Rachel, was very friendly and began with a warm welcome and a very inviting introduction to the restaurant and the offerings. She suggested hot teas for us to try and even gave us a helpful tip to a few non menu items. There were rave reviews for a specialty nigiri, Blue Balls, so we had to try it. The presentation was awesome! We were totally blown away by the taste. Rachel informed us if we liked that, then we should try a Dragon Ball, which was not listed on the menu. Again another delicious tasting! I ordered Chicken Lettuce Wraps as an appetizer, but this could have easily served as a meal. The butter lettuce, cucumber sunomono and three sauces were a wonderful touch!

Bring on the main course! I ordered a Cowgirl Maki and Hawaiian Roll. The Hawaiian Roll was amazing; the mirin mango puree was out of this world. I was slightly curious about the Cowgirl. This was a vegetarian option and not the traditional maki by any means! This was wrapped in a bbq paper and included a pickle tempura, totally tasted like a hamburger with bbq sauce. I was really blown away by the play on tastes! We also ordered a Tidal Wave because of the amazing reviews. This maki was another amazing taste! I certainly see now why there were so many high reviews for it!

Hands down my favorite part of the meal was the personal touch each member of the wait staff showed! Rachel made us feel welcome, answering all of our questions. We asked for other suggestions for local food spots and she brought two other members of the staff over and they had wonderful recommendations. Brian stayed and talked to us for over 20mins about several local spots.

One last recommendation from Rachel was for a dessert. The chocolate spring rolls sounded amazing but then she recommended we change the ice cream that came with it to the in house made banana ice cream. WOW! This was a surprise knock out of the park. Not only is there a wonderfully creative menu but certainly not a typical sushi place dessert!

Thank you everyone at Blue Sushi Sake Grill for making this dining experience one for the memory books! I will be back!!

1  Thank Teri W
Reviewed February 8, 2014

This is hands down the best sushi I've had in Ft Worth. Having been here at least a haf dozen tiems, they have a great selection of rolls, the service is always good, and the deserts are definitely worth the price.

2  Thank ee978
Reviewed December 20, 2013

My wife and I visited Blue Sushi on Tuesday, Dec. 17, 2013 for dinner.

First let me say that the location of this place makes it very difficult to get to if you are unfamiliar with the area. It is right on the worst intersection in Fort Worth where 5 or 7 streets come together in a pattern that causes very long red lights and very difficult access. Also, there is no place to park. The valet is across the street and you have to know where it is to get to it without difficulty. We circled the whole area 3 times before we were able to identify and finally use the valet.

Once inside, we found a very contemporary and upbeat setting - lots of glass and glitz. The large overhead aquarium was a very nice touch and enjoyable to view during dinner.

We usually will try a restaurant's house wine to start off with. I don't know what the label on their house chardonnay is, but it is pretty decent chardonnay and we will order it again next time.

This Blue Sushi has an extensive Happy Hour menu that we made use of for our entire meal. This really helped to keep the cost within reason. (We have found that our sushi dinners can be pretty high in cost, so this is a good plus.)

We started with 2 appetizers. One was the chicken lettuce wraps and the other was the crab cakes. The lettuce wraps were very attractive, with very large butter lettuce leaves and 3 sauces. The chicken, however, was pretty over-cooked and tough, and 2 out of the 3 sauces were sweet, so I didn't like them. Their mild cilantro sauce was very good, however.

The crab cakes were extremely good. Almost all of it was crab with just enough breading to be crisp on the outside. The slaw that comes around the cakes was an excellent enhancement of the overall flavor. And the flavor was just great - really the right amount of spices to make the dish one that we will definitely have more of in the future.

For our entree we ordered 2 rolls, a South Pacific Roll (that I ordered by mistake because my wife actually asked for a Hawaiian Roll) and a Spicy Tuna Roll. When we got the South Pacific, my wife asked why there was pineapple in it and we discovered my error. About that time the manager, Mr. Perry Parrigin, stopped by and we told him of our error (totally my own fault, mind you), and he offered to take it off of our check and bring the Hawaiian. This was a GREAT way to "make our night"! He didn't have to do that, but it really gave us warm fuzzies toward the restaurant. AND, the Hawaiian Roll was delicious, so we were very glad we ended up getting it.

So, this being the Christmas season we asked Mr. Parrigin to sell us a gift card for a certain person on our gift list. He was pleased to see that we had so enjoyed our experience, and it turned out to be quite worth the parking problems and we had a wonderful time. Mr. Parrigin insisted that we try one of their deserts, the chocolate rolls. Good Lord, they were the most decadent, delicious things I have put in my mouth since our last cruise. Amazing!

In the end, we were very glad that we overcame the parking issue and we will be returning to Blue Sushi.

1  Thank tgr3
Reviewed November 26, 2013

This is the best sushi restaurant I have ever been to. The staff is amazing, and being friends with the manager is even better. If you want sushi the only place to go is Blue.