“amazing happy hour deals”

Blue Sushi Sake Grill
Ranked #15 of 1,716 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Fresh and energetic, Blue Sushi Sake Grill serves fun sushi! You will enjoy a dining experience infused with flavor and spirited atmosphere. A large maki, sashimi and nigiri menu complements Asian-inspired cold plates, hot plates, entrees, soups, desserts and an extensive premium sake menu. We offer weekday Sushi Lunch Specials and daily Happy Hour specials!
Reviewed April 5, 2012

The restaurant has different sections for different needs (lounge with bar and the restaurant area). You can dress casual, go for a business meeting or date night and be happy in all aspects. The food menu has an ample selection for everyone's palet and the bar menu has seomthing for everyone that appreciates alcholic beverages. A must go to for sushi in Fort Worth.

Reviewed March 4, 2012

We discovered Blue a few months after it opened, and one visit was all it took. Since then, there's just been no point going anywhere else for sushi. We used to love Axiom and Piranha, and I am sure they are still fine establishments. But Blue is such a remarkable place, we haven't felt the need to go anywhere else.

Of course, it's the quality of the food that keeps us coming back time and again. I just don't think I've had better sushi anywhere, and I have had the good fortune to go to some nice sushi restaurants. Ok, Nobu in Hong Kong was nice, but I would still put Blue higher on my list for food quality.

Second, the staff is just incredibly kind and accommodating. To the reviewer who complained that he once experienced a service blip because a member of the staff was interacting with a customer: isn't that what you want? The staff go to great lengths to be genuine people (I've not once heard, "Hi, my name is Jacob and I'll be your server tonight!), and it won't be much beyond your second visit that they'll begin to know you and your preferences. I have never, ever experienced anything but utter graciousness from the staff.

Third, I think Blue is an excellent value. They have a nice sampling of menu items available at a lower price in the Sake Bomber's Lounge - some of our favorites, in fact.

Finally, Blue is a very safe bet if you've got someone in your group who doesn't care for sushi. Plenty of cooked seafood is available (uniformly outstanding) and an excellent steak is also on the menu.

We in FW are fortunate to have the best, right in our own back yard!

1  Thank bahamaman5
Reviewed February 21, 2012

My husband took me to Blue Sushi for my birthday and I must say that it was a treat. The World Series was playing and I asked if we could sit in the bar to watch. The staff bent over backwards to get us a nice table that could see the TV in the bar. I had never had sake and asked the waitress for some tips. She brought us a flight of tiny sake samples and walked us through the entire thing for free! We had a wonderful dinner (try the coconut crab soup, the roll with the jalepenos... I think it's the hot popper and the chocolate spring roll dessert - to die for.) The only issue was the parking, I think there is space up 7th across the street. Overall, they had a gracious staff, fun moody atmosphere and fantastic food. We will return again.

1  Thank FWFoodie
Reviewed February 18, 2012

We drive an hour just to come to Blue. We searched and searched for a great sushi restaurant in DFW and found it here. We are regulars and go every chance we get. The General Manager Perry is a pleasure and always greets us happily. We have a few favorite custom sushi rolls that are absolutely amazing.
We usually go during the day as the evening tends to be very crowded and noisy, which just isn't our style. The parking can be tricky during peak evening hours as well. They don't split checks which is a bit troublesome, so be aware of that if your go with a group.
All in all we just can't get enough of Blue. If it was a bit closer to where we live, we would be there every week.

1  Thank Cloakofstars
Reviewed January 6, 2012

We were at a birthday party in the lounge/bar. Food was great and they even have a happy hour on Friday. Orders are out pretty quick. The big problem came when the check came. They won't split checks. So there were 20 people trying to figure out who ordered what. I can understand this in the dinning room but in the bar it made for a pain in the A#$!