“Awesome!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Mansfield, Texas
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

The staff is very prompt, and punctual. Los meseros hablaron español, y lo disfruté. The menu had a good selection. My flautas were excellent, as were the rice and beans. The shrimp cocktail was also superb. I highly recommend this place for good mexican food.

Fort Worth, Texas
“"Homey" atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2012

Went with my daughter and future son-in-law. The restaurant is in a remodeled home with dining inside or out. We chose inside as it was a very warm evening. The service was excellent and the food very good. The prices were moderate for a Mexican restaurant. I had the taco and cheese enchilada combo and ate the whole thing. I also had a blended margarita which was very good. I recommend this restaurant for casual dining. Enjoy.

• Visited June 2012
Fort Worth, Texas
“Very good food every time we go.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

This place is very consistent in taste and service every time we go. My wife almost always orders the cheese enchiladas and I usually get the cowboy enchilada. We have tried many other places and always come back here for the best.

• Visited April 2012
Dallas
“Take a Pass”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2011

We had talked to people about finding a Mexican restaurant and several people suggested La Playa Maya. So we went for dinner and decided to eat outside on the patio. It wasn't crowded, nice place to relax. Lot of traffice driving by but it did not really disturb us. Service was slow but we thought maybe it was because we were outside. The menu says that if you order their specials you need to be prepared to wait like 20 minutes. We weren't in a hurry so no problem. The salsa and chips were good, the food looked good when it came out. We did think it was a little pricey for what you got. 1 chili rellano and a side of rice. We relaxed, everything was good and we thought we had found us a new Mexican restaurant. The problems came later. We started feeling sick not long after we left. I thought it was the food but my spouse (ever the optimist) said no, something else. Our night was pretty much over after we left here since we both were having problems controlling our stomachs. The next day, my spouse (again, what can I say) ate his take home from the restaurant and GOT SICK AGAIN. Unfortunately another failure to find a good restaurant. I can not comment on the other locations ONLY THIS ONE but I would suggest a pass.

• Visited June 2011