“2nd Review/Still love the happy hour appetizers!!”
Review of MK's Sushi

MK's Sushi
Ranked #704 of 1,591 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Reviewed February 28, 2012

After reading negative reviews we wanted to review again. We visit the Western Center location weekly and have for over 6 months. We still love the happy hour 1/2 price appetizers!! Best Egg Rolls (the dipping sauce is addictive, thinking a touch of molasses may be added) and the Dynamite Shrimp is so tasty and great value at 1/2 price!! The fried Shrimp Tempera is to die for! We always sit at the Sushi Bar so getting service has never been a problem for us. We have noticed new wait staff over the past few months that seem young and non experienced. Also noted last month a new sushi chef being trained....after a month or so he's doing a great job. We still enjoy the sushi rolls and find them above average. My husband loves the Ahi Tower and I love the crawfish and shrimp type rolls. We are picky about our food and keep going back for more...It's not the best in the world but definitely above par and our second favorite in the DFW metroplex. 1/2 price Martini's are a double bonus!

1  Thank cswbkw

Reviewed January 7, 2012

We arrived at 8pm and waited 20min for a table. Our waiter took our food order and then we waited and waited and waited. It was 45min to get our rolls. You would think with all that time our sushi would be amazing but it wasn't. It was soggy, loose and falling apart. It was tasteless and not appetizing. Our whole table was disappointed. I don't think we will return anytime soon.

Reviewed December 27, 2011

We went last night at 7:00 pm for dinner. We have been once before and it was okay, but we had another Groupon to use so we went again. We were seated by the hostess who got us both teas. Then we waited. And waited and waited. The table next to us got tired of waiting and got up and left. We considered it, but needed to use the groupon so we stayed. Finally after 30 minutes, I got up to find the hostess and ask her to get a server to come and wait on us. I let her know we would have to leave if we had to continue to wait. There were about 5 tables who were seated after us who were waited on while we were still waiting. Our drinks were sitting empty. It seemed like they had 2 servers in the entire restaurant. The manager was moving slowly and helping people out. He looked over at us several times and just sort of nodded and walked away. After another 5 minutes the manager came and took our order. He said they were busy and try to get to us as soon as they can. Anyway, we ordered, waited forever for the food.It was after 9:15 pm when we got out of there. Manager offered our appetizer to us for half off, should have been offered free. All the way through our meal, a lady comes up to us and says she will be our server for the evening. We asked her to please bring the check so we could leave. She did and the appetizer was not half off. She questioned us for a while about why it would have been half off. It was just a terrible experience. We will not be returning. There ate so many other options for sushi in Ft. Worth.

Reviewed October 16, 2011

This place is fairly new and the decor is very modern chic, looks very nice, the atmosphere is great, and the food is good. I had the volcano roll, the 911 roll and the reggae roll. BUT... they're service absolutely sucks and their drinks are disgusting!!! I went with 3 other friends. One of my friends and I had to wait for the other two to arrive so we went ahead and got seated and ordered an appetizer and two drinks while we waited. She got her drink right away I had to wait 10mins to get mine and another 10mins to get our appetizer. Our friends arrived right after we looked over the menu and we were ready to order only one problem our waitress was M.I.A!!! It took us at least 15 mins to locate her. We finally ordered and she stArted to bring out our food, periodically! She was slow, forgetful, all the qualities a waitreSs shouldn't have! This place would be great if they hired new waiters and a new bartender.

Reviewed August 20, 2011

When MK's first opened my friends and I loved the place. Great location, good food, fabulous happy hour. However, in the last few months MK gas experienced some changes which have not been positive.
I used to love their fresh take on tuna tartar, but now they've added a strange cream sauce and don't slice their cucumber the way they used to. Their sushi also seems less fresh lately.
I think they can pull it back together if they tried and their cooked food is pretty decent, but if you're looking for quality sushi in Fort Worth there are much better options for a similar price.