“Tasty Meal”

Woody Creek Bar B Q
Ranked #148 of 1,556 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Next to Ridgmar Mall in West Fort Worth
Nashville, Tennessee
“Tasty Meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

When you walk in to Woody Creek, there is a short maze to get from the door to the counter for no apparent reason. Oddly enough, they had 90's alternative rock blasting through the speakers. Although I enjoyed eating lunch to Collective Soul, it seemed a bit out of place here. They also have a small stage in one corner, so there must be live music from time to time.

I ordered up a 2 Meat Plate of hot links and bologna, with potato salad and baked beans on the side.

The baked beans were sweet and a little spicy at the same time. They might have come from a can, but still tasted good nonetheless. The potato salad looked like a big scoop of ice cream. It definitely needed some crunch to break up the creaminess of it all, and maybe a little paprika too.

The hot links had bright red casings that could have used more snap. The meat itself had a great flavor. There was definitely some heat here, but a few slices were much hotter than others. One slice even made my eyes water a little, so there is some issue with consistency.

I had never had barbecue bologna before, so I wasn't quite sure what to expect. It came in nice thick slices - no deli meat here. There was a great crispy char from the pit, and a decent level of smoke too.

Woody Creek isn't a place you should go out of your way to eat at, but it's probably a far better alternative to the mall food court if you're doing some shopping nearby.

Read my full review, complete with pictures:

Search "The Barbecue Fiend"

Visited January 2013

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“FANTASTIC!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

I will say, when we pulled up to this restaurant, I thought the business was closed. I got out to try the door and low and behold, it was OPEN!! I will be honest, I was a bit reluctant but we went inside regardless. I will tell you, I was pleasantly surprised. We ordered our food "to go" as we were having lunch before going to the Notre Dame vs ASU game in Irving (Cowboys Stadium) and we took our meal back to the hotel to have with members of our family who were traveling with us, but not going to the game. Let me tell you what.. this was some of the BEST bbq I have ever eaten, the pull pork was outstanding. The sauce (which they put on in side cups, in order for us to control how much we wanted on our food) was absolutely phenomenal!!!! I had onion rings and french fries that were very tasty as well. Others in our party had ribs, &grilled chicken, baked beans & cole slaw. ALL was absolutely delicious. All at a very reasonable price.The BBQ makes me want to go back to Fort Worth!! Great job Woody Creek Bar B Q! Delicious!! Everyone enjoyed our meals.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank IrishScorp
Fort Worth, Texas
“Awesome place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

You have to try the double barrel. Nothing better. Also has a location in Springtown. I can not get enough Woody Creek.

• Visited June 2013
Weatherford, Texas
“Great atmosphere + Best BBQ around”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

Honestly the best BBQ I have had. I would like to try everything on the menu, but it is hard for me to get past the two meat combo with ribs, chopped beef, potato salad, and baked beans. Throw in the live music on Friday nights and the ice cold beer, and it's easy to see why I drive 20+ miles passing up other BBQ joints to meet my friends at Woody Creek.

• Visited July 2013
“Best BBQ!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

Great BBQ!! Great Service!!! Been many times, gets better every time!! The ribs fall off the bone, and the double barrel will satisfy any BBQ craving!!

• Visited July 2013