“Once is enough”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 7th
Description: Southern Inspired Cuisine With A Generous Helping of Southern Hospitality
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I ate here with my wife and another couple. It is not that the experience was terrible but I was not overwhelmed to the point that I feel the need to pick this restaurant over any other choices. I do question the value of the menu selections. A bison burger for $11? There are other places that offer me better food for less.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Fort Worth is hot, so it probably makes sense to have all glass, metal, and stone--sort of like dining in a mausoleum. People in the bar area were so loud it was hard to hear each other talk in the main dining area. The server was very efficient and friendly. The busboys kept trying to grab your plate out from under you (and finally succeeded, without asking, when I was looking the other way and had a mouthful of salad on my fork halfway to my mouth). They either wanted to get rid of us (when we were trying to enjoy celebrating my wife's birthday) or had run out of plates in the kitchen.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I had the pomigranite chicken and my husband had chicken and grits both dry and over priced. Service was ok but we won't be back. DO NOT RECOMEND THIS PLACE!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

This place is average. If you cooked it at home you'd probably impress people, but not if you charged them for it.

Service: We had drinks at the bar, the bar tender/manager Alex was spot on. Good drink recommendations, prompt friendly service. The waiter we had once we were seated was less impressive, Didn't really know the menu or the wine and seemed to forget to put the appetizer order in. For service, stick to the bar.

Food: Frozen tater tots with cheese and bacon and a little pulled pork was the recommended appetizer, they were good, but not exactly $10 appetizer. My burger was decent, the other's Fried Chicken and grits, and Fried beef tenderloin were less appealing, but were all recommended.

Value: Over priced, paying more doesn't make thing taste better (generally).

Atmosphere: Not bad, we were there early so it wasn't too busy.

Overall: Average... you can find the same food, for less a lot of other places.

Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Drinks and hor' duervs yesterday!! Excellent! Thanks to Sur! Great management skills and to all at the great Brownstone bar!

ssameni, Owner at Brownstone, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Thank you for the great review. Hope to see you back out soon!