“Very dead restaurant, no help, and slow service.”
Review of Cowtown Diner - CLOSED

Cowtown Diner
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Downtown Fort Worth
Reviewed November 28, 2012

We walked in and nobody was there. Another family came in and one poor waiter was working. He had to cover our two tables, the bar, and whatever else. One cook who was slow, took over 1/2 hr to get food to our table. Some bossy middle eastern male was barking orders, eating fries out of a bowl, and should've been helping if he was the manager.

When the food finally arrived the hamburger was charred, the meatloaf was horrible, and everything had to much seasoning to over compensate for the terrible food.

Will NEVER come here again, can't believe it is even in business anymore. Should've known better when every time we are downtown this place is dead and their website is shut down!

Don't be tricked into their groupon!

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Save your time. After standing in line for 30 minutes and waiting for our foor for another 45 minutes, we told them to cancel the order and we walked.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

I saw the reviews on this restaurant, after I purchased a Groupon. I was worried, because the reviews both here and some other postings were not favorable at all. However, my friend and I decided to go ahead and check it out for breakfast today. What a pleasant surprise. We both had the breakfast burrito. Coffee was fresh and served in large mugs and was good. The breakfast burrito was big (I couldn't finish mine) and was served with potatoes with bell pepper and onion. Very tasty. In addition, there was fresh salsa on the side. If you're a wuss, you might tell them to hold the jalapenos in the burrito, but I like spicy so it was perfect for me!

The manager came to our table and checked to make sure everything was great. It looks like they might be back on track for making this a great place in the downtown area. Give it another try if you had a bad experience. The restaurant was clean, service was great and it was an all around great experience!

Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

Just not good. Medium eggs came out runny, sent them back they came out hard. Biscuits & gravy did not taste good.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Like the French Toast! Has a bar so you can have mimosas or Bloody Mary's with your breakfast and TVs over the bar to watch your favorite game. Good service and clean inside and on the patio.