“HOSTED EVENT”
Review of The Ashton Hotel

The Ashton Hotel
Ranked #11 of 115 Hotels in Fort Worth
Reviewed April 21, 2010

I threw my mom's surprise 60th at The Ashton and I couldn't be happier. I began planning this event 2 months in advance while out of the country and was completely stressed out, and The Ashton's event coordinator was so helpful and willing to help me with any needs and also managed to keep it all within my budget. During the event, the staff was beyond courteous and responsive. My guests enjoyed it so much, as well as my family. Additionally, the hotel is charming and lovely, one of the few boutique hotels in Fort Worth and located in an ideal location. I highly recommend!

• Stayed: April 2010

Reviewed April 14, 2010

My company just had three seperate meetings at the Ashton within a months time. We love to have our meetings there as they always do such an excellent job. The staff always goes above and beyond to make everything come off without a hitch. The service is impeccable. Our employees from out of town who stayed in sleeping rooms there, absolutely loved it.

If you need a good place to hold meetings outside of the office, this is a great choice.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 14, 2010

Historic hotel in the heart of downtown Fort Worth. Easy access to restaurants and nightlife. But the best was the service. The staff all knew our names. The bartenders made us sandwiches themselves after the kitchen had closed! We held a wedding at the Ashton. The event staff were wonderful and did not miss any detail.

I would highly recommend this hotel. Not your average hospitality...very personal and intimate.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 8, 2010

I surprised my husband with an overnight getaway at Hotel Ashton. It was one of the most marvelous experiences we've had in a hotel. We're both very selective and probably too picky sometimes. The staff here was professional, friendly, discreet, and on top of things. Our room was spotless, overlooked Main Street (with floor-to-ceiling windows), and had a working (gas) fireplace. This hotel is one of the few I've ever been to that beautifully combined the historic with the modern. Spacious bathroom with room to set out our things. And quiet? There were two wedding parties in the hotel that looked like they might run the staff ragged. We never heard either a complaint from staff about it, or a noise from the other guests. And the valet staff is superb -- one of the best I've encountered. It was so worth it, and my husband loved it!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 18, 2009

Our stay at the Ashton was certainly more than we had imagined -- the service is unrivaled, even when compared to such as the Rosewood hotels! Upon arrival, we were greeted by the valet, who was immediately tested, as he had to find alternative plans for our oversized vehicle, (as it was taller than the garage clearance) -- he was quick to find a solution with the help of the manager on duty, and with not a hesitation at all.

The hotel lobby is both inviting and intriguing in decor -- hints of the past are ingeniously mixed with contemporary elements (lighting as well as some decorative wall treatments) and set up with group as well as intimate conversation areas. The check in process was very efficient, and we were given our key (yes folks... a real key on a brass key fob!) to our room, 504. The room was a "State Room", oversized and quite comfortable with comfortable seating, fireplace, large dresser and desk. Large windows opened to Main Street and let in an expanse of natural light during the day. (Not to worry, roman shades and drawn drapes kept the room nice and dark at night...)

The bathroom was generous, with an emphasis on functionality. The shower-tub combination was oversized and had a frameless glass door enclosure. A pedestal sink with a long storage shelf behind it offered plenty of room for bathroom essentials, and the cobalt blue tiles were a fabulous contrast to the white fixtures.

We enjoyed the bar and excellent service the evening of our arrival... when I was in search (and dire need) of chocolate, the bartender came to my aid with a plate of chocolate covered strawberries! What a nice touch, and one that was completely unexpected, but greatly appreciated! Service like this isn't to be overlooked... having a staff that is able to anticipate the needs of guests is a true art, but sadly, is lacking in much of the industry.

Turndown included homemade chocolate chip cookies -- needless to say, they were a welcome sight to a chocoholic! And, sleeping was absolutely no problem... the bed was of utmost comfort, while the room was very quiet -- even with the hotel at full occupancy! (Something I cannot say of most hotels where we have stayed in the past!) The remote-controlled fireplace had a timer, whereby we could fall asleep to the ambience of a fire, while in complete comfort of exquisite linens and down comforter!

Breakfast in the Six 10 grill was outstanding... the omlet with tenderloin and grilled onions is not to be missed! Also, noteworthy is the freshly squeezed orange juice... it is the small things that count! And, again, service was top notch!

I can certainly say without hesitation that we WILL return to the Ashton for future visits to Fort Worth... this is the first time in a long time that I can say we actually ENJOYED a hotel stay!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank txntravlr
Reviewed October 31, 2009

What a great hotel in Fort Worth. I stayed here for 3 amazing nights for a business meeting, where they conditioning a little private area just for us without any interruption, pampering us with coffee, juice, fruits and some rolls. The ambience is really nice, well decorated, the service is awesome. I got a huge room in one of the top floors, zero noise!.
This hotel is also well located if you pretend to go out for some beers, there is a lot of night life just a few blocks distance. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 8, 2009

Living in California but born and raised in Ft Worth, my husband and I had our wedding reception at the wine cellar and from the very beginning the director of sales Debbie Rubin took very good care of us. From a succulent dinner dish to a crisp, fresh salad, the dinner was perfect served by 2 great staff, Monte and Luis, very professional. Our stay in the presidential suite was perfect, very roomy, clean, excellent service. The bathtub was amazing, could have had bubbles though. Great breakfast in bed next morning. Honest housekeeping that returned my diamond necklace a few days later that I accidentally left in room. In the center of downtown close to many things to do there, The Ashton is a non-smoking hotel which was a plus and we enjoyed our stay there as well as our guest enjoyed the food and the environment. We would definitely return and surely recommend this to anyone visiting Fort Worth.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple