All reviews boutique hotel sundance square presidential suite bass beautiful historic hotel small hotel romance package mini bar wedding night large bathroom heart of downtown valet parking location is great great weekend within walking distance downtown ft bed was very comfortable
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I have stayed in tons of hotels, in all price ranges, depending on the town and type of trip. The Ashton has several great qualities, location being top. The service was very thorough and very friendly, including turn down in the evening. Room service at breakfast was excellent, especially the coffee. The problems are that the rooms are very small and very old. You can call it historic, you can call it quaint, or whatever, but if you are looking for amenities for the rate, it is not here. Poor water pressure, worn carpet here and there. The tub was so small that my husband could put his arms down in the water at his sides. In conclusion, if you like "historic" and you dont mind the amenities that are lacking, give it a try.

1  Thank CKOldham
Reviewed January 20, 2013

This is what a hotel should be: just the right size, superb service, luxury, and comfort. Plus the convenience of being located right in the heart of downtown. I will not stay anywhere else when I go to Fort Worth. And when I visit other cities, it seem inevitable that I will find myself comparing their hotels to the high standards set by the Ashton.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I had the good fortune to spend a night at The Ashton in December during a celebration for my brother's 50th birthday. I have to say that this is quite possibly one of my favorite hotels of all time. I stay 100+ nights annually because I travel so much for work. I tend to skip the "boutique" hotels only because you just never know how comfortable you'll be.

Honestly, The Ashton was awesome. Small hotel, very comfortable, any and all requests were addressed in a positive and friendly manner, whether they could accommodate the request or not. There is a small, but lovely bar/restaurant.

And the bed... I'm emailing the GM to find out what kind of bed they use, as it was an amazingly comfortable sleeping experience.

I also got the opportunity to check out Ft. Worth. Can't wait to go back!

Thanks to everyone at The Ashton.

Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We try to stay at the Ashton whenever we visit Fort Worth. Perfect location, great value, very accomodating staff and nice rooms. We were able to get two rooms next to each other, which is often hard to get at the hotels. Rooms are nice size and have everything needed. The only thing I didn't care for was the shower/jacuzzi combo in our suite. You have to stand in the jacuzzi tub to take a shower and the water ends up running absolutely everywhere after hitting the edges of the tub.
The valet service is outstanding, somebody comes out right away when you pull in and your car is brought up very fast when needed.
Overall, a very nice hotel and will be back!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We had a small wedding ceremony in the Wine Cellar. The atmosphere was intimate and the perfect climate for our celebration. The food was amazing and the service was impeccable. Specifically, Monte's service, gentle spirit and helpfulness were invaluable. Many thanks to Trina and Monte for making our day special and memorable! I highly recommend this location for couples who want an amazing and intimate experience at a very affordable rate.

Date of stay: December 2012