“Hidden gem on the edge of Downtown”

TownePlace Suites by Marriott Fort Worth Downtown
Ranked #33 of 114 Hotels in Fort Worth
Reviewed May 22, 2013

What a great experience! I recently booked here because my preferred properties had ridiculously high rates. I saw the great reviews that others posted for this property and thought I would give it a try. I was not disappointed. If anything, it was even better than expected. While perhaps not as 'upscale,' this hotel offers so much more for so much less than most of the other downtown Ft. Worth properties.

The hotel staff are very friendly and knowledgeable about the area. While there isn't a lot within walking distance, particularly if it is dark or raining, the Trolley stops just outside, and there is also a hotel shuttle that can drop you downtown if needed. They happily got me to my early morning meetings when it was raining on more than one occasion.

The rooms are new, modern, and extremely functional. Beds are comfortable. I was near the train tracks and it was noisy, but I had been forewarned about that. It wasn't anywhere near as bad as the constant construction noise on 5th that you hear at some of the other hotels even on the high floors.

They had lots of food out in the mornings, and even a few evenings (I believe Mon-Wed) but I always missed it due to rushing for the office and getting back late.

I would definitely consider this property again.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the train tracks if you're a light sleeper
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
TPSFortWorth, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Fort Worth Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Thank you for all your wonderful feedback. I agree, we are a hidden gem, I like to tell our guests we are the best kept secret of Fort Worth. I am so happy to hear that your stay was even better than expected. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future.

Regards,

Reviewed May 22, 2013

I stayed for 3 weeks on business. This hotel is a TPS-meets-Residence Inn. The rooms are very new and standard for TPS--compact but with a galley kitchen. You can typically hear upstairs neighbors.

The hotel offers a full hot breakfast every morning and managers reception M-W.

Theres a nice outdoor pool with a wall around it and the fitness center has 2 treadmills, bike, and elliptical, along with a full set of dumb bells and adjustable bench.

Super fast Internet, though you have to log in every 24 hours.

I travel with my dog and there's lots of residential sidewalk to walk on, and a cemetery down the road where I'd let her off her leash.

The hotel is about .6 miles from a movie theater and Barnes & Noble. Driving about 2 miles will get you to the 7th Street District which has a Super Target, Movie Tavern, and other nice shops and restaurants. Rodeo Goat has the best burgers ever.

My only complaints were that one light fixture in the bathroom was broken (and yes I had a new light bulb put in) and that the microwave would frequently trip the breaker anytime I used it for more than 2 minutes.

I would recommend a South facing room--it's that or the train or construction. The "business" rooms are larger and have a desk/hutch, but no sofa--only a large chair. The TV on the wall saves furniture space, but is hard to watch from the couch, so I rearranged my room so that the couch was at the foot of the bed.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for such a wonderful and detailed review. I am sure our future guests who read this will appreciate it very much. I agree with you 100%, we are one of the best TPS' around and we we take great pride in our beautiful hotel. We do have a lot of extra amenites and services that a standard TownePlace Suites does not have and I am happy that you were able to experience them first hand.

Thank you again for the feedback, we appreciate it very much. We look forward to having you again in the Fort Worth area.

Regards,

Reviewed May 7, 2013

My husband and I spent one night over the weekend at TownePlace Suites in downtown Fort Worth. Upon check-in, we were greeted by Taylor. He was very friendly and helpful and provided us a printout of restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. Taylor asked if we had a floor preference and based upon other reviews of this hotel, I asked for a room facing away from the train. He was very accommodating. The room itself was nice. Because we were only there for one night, the kitchen wasn't really needed, but if we were to stay for a longer time, having a stove, refrigerator and microwave at our disposal would have been awesome! The bed was super comfy and the bathroom was a very good size. Molly the Trolley stops at the hotel every 30 minutes or so between 10 am and 10 pm. My husband and I caught a ride (for free) and enjoyed the roundtrip. Another great feature of this hotel was PARKING! We noticed several other downtown hotels less than a mile away that had valet only. Thank you for the free parking and free hot breakfast! Texas-shaped waffles always taste better!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Travelin_Dyxie
TPSFortWorth, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Fort Worth Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Thank you so much for such a detailed, fantastic review! We do have great amenities and services to offer, and I am very happy you were able to take advantage of them first hand. I will also make sure to pass along your wondeful comments to Taylor. We pride ourselves in delivering award winning service, so it's always great to hear it from our guests.

We hope to see you soon in the Fort Worth area!

Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Spent one night here which was comfortable. The room was clean and Taylor on the front desk that evening was very helpful and customer orientated. I had by accident booked into the 4200 International Plaza location but really thought that I was reserving a room at this location. Taylor sorted the situation out and I had a lovely stay.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank 6009interactive
TPSFortWorth, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Fort Worth Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to hear that Taylor was able to get everything straighten out for you and I am especially happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Yes, our location can be a little tricky to find at times, but I like to tell our guests, "It's the best kept secret of Fort Worth."

We look forward to having you again in the near future.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Very nice hotel. I think it is relatively new. The rooms are clean and the staff is great - there is one gentleman at the front desk that I just love (rob) who is always happy and gives excellent dinner suggestions. Downtown Fort Worth is really cute and offers lots of dining choices. It is walking distance from the hotel, but we we there in January so we drove. I would suggest axiom sushi for dinner if you are staying here - delicious and is in Montgomery plaza (very close and fun).

Heads up - there is a train that goes by at night. It didn't bother my sleeping, but I thought I would mention it.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank AlexandraB9
TPSFortWorth, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Fort Worth Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Thank you for the wonderful review, and yes we are fairly new, the hotel opened July 2010 and my staff and I always take great pride when we hear such great feedback about the hotel.

Sushi Axiom is actually one of my favorite restaurants, I'm happy you were able to experience it first hand. The gentleman who you speak of is Ray, I will make sure to forward your comments to him, thank you.

We look forward to having you again in the Fort Worth area.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

This was a very nice hotel that was just outside of downtown Fort Worth. I looked at staying at the Omni or the Sheraton, but did not want to pay the $20/day that those hotels charge for parking. The Townplace Suites offers free parking and also free breakfast for around the same price as those other hotels. This hotel is also on the trolley line which goes right in front of the hotel between the hours of 6pm-10pm. The hotel also has a shuttle but we, unfortunately found out when we got there that the shuttle does not run on the weekends. As others suggested I requested a room away from the railroad tracks and we couldn't hear the trains at all. The pool was also nice and not crowded at all. David at the front desk was very helpful. He let my husband and I check in almost 3 hours early without any problems. He was very knowledgeable and friendly. Overall, this is a nice hotel and you get a lot of extras for the same price as the downtown hotels.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the train tracks
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review! We are one of the only hotels in Downtown that offers complimentary parking, so that definitely is a plus. Also, being on the Molly the Trolley route is an added bonus, which our guests really enjoy. Like you said, there are lot of "extras" for the same price as the downtown hotels, I couldn't agree with you more! Our compimentary Hot Breakfast, Social (Mon-Wed), parking, shuttle and trolley transportation and WIFI are some of the services and amenities we to offer at no extra cost to our guests. I did forward your comments on to David, thank you very much for your kind words.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed March 18, 2013

We chose this hotel for a quick weekend getaway to Fort Worth. This hotel was the most affordable in downtown. A bonus was the free parking, breakfast, and proximity to downtown. the hotel was clean and new. I would definitely recommend this hotel and use it myself for future visits.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fio002

Thank you very much for the review. I am so happy that you enjoyed your quick Fort Worth getaway. Fort Worth is a great city with lots to offer and our hotel is in such a great location in Downtown that allows you the opportunity to take advantage of it all, at a very reasoable price.

Thank you again and we look forward to having you again for your next quick getaway.

Best Regards,