“A perfect hotel w/free transportation downtown evenings.”

TownePlace Suites by Marriott Fort Worth Downtown
Ranked #24 of 113 Hotels in Fort Worth
Fort Worth, Texas
“A perfect hotel w/free transportation downtown evenings.”
Reviewed September 1, 2011

This is just the nicest hotel. It was very quiet which surprised us since there were a ton of kids in the pool, but in our 4th floor room we did not hear a sound! Everything was clean; front desk staff was friendly. A nice surprise was that a free trolley "Molly the Trolley" runs by the hotel in the evenings between 6PM & 10PM so you can take it down town for dinner.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gjmagain

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed August 28, 2011

I was initially nervous about staying here after reading a few bad reviews about the area but I could not have been more pleasantly surprised after our stay. The hotel was great, the room was comfortable, the pool was relaxing, and the location was great! We were able to easily walk to downtown Fort Worth for dinner. It was perfect!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Odessa, Texas
Reviewed July 26, 2011

while my mom and dad were staying at this hotel, my dad suddenly needed to go to the hospital.

The night desk attendant, Billy Joe and the Night security Jeff helped my parents so much. Jeff graciously shuttled my mom and little sister to the hospital behind the ambulance. Billy joe was so kind to print out directions for my family to get back to the hotel. He was so kind to give me directions from where I was to the hospital. They were sold out the next night but graciously extended us so that we had a place to stay! They asked how dad was everytime we came in. Their manager Brian was always so pleasant and kind!

This staff truly went above and beyond the call of duty!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Ladibugg13
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed July 11, 2011

My family booked a king with sleeper room for a week. As you walk into the room, there is a large closet to one side and your kitchen amenties to your other: sink, cabinets, dishwasher, fridge and stovetop. Straight ahead is your table with 2 chairs tucked against that same kitchen wall and the sofa sleeper is just beyond that facing you. Our room bumped out to the left...so there sits your king bed facing the table and your roomy bath on the other side of the wall of the closet. I share all this info...because I could not find a decent picture on their website when we booked. I must say you can tell it is a new hotel. I love the decor and the finishings feel more expensive. Hall noise was not an issue except for maybe my family when I tried to sneak out in the morning to workout. The doors to the room were incredibly loud. The workout room was great..complete with weights. I enjoyed the patio area outside the lobby complete with tables and sofa, fireplace and TV. There is even a grill for your use by the pool which we did take advantage of one night. There is a decent reception Mon. - Wed. evenings. When we were there, they served Chicken Alfredo, Chicken Fajitas, and Hamburgers. Overall, the staff was EXCELLENT! They were all so polite and friendly and hard-working. The common areas were usually very clean. David, a manager, wished us safe travels our last day. We had stayed at a Holiday Inn Express in Fort Worth prior to attend the same convention and was disappointed by their shuttle service. BUT not here! They were so fast and efficient. I would highly recommend the Towneplace if you are visiting Fort Worth. It has a lot of nice touches that make it feel like home...for a value price. You are just a heartbeat way from everything. Also, FREE PARKING!! You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Angela E
Coppell, Texas
Reviewed June 2, 2011

I travel quite often for my job, about three weeks out of every month. I believe that makes me a more demanding consumer than the normal person who just stays in a hotel a few times a year. I have nothing but good things to say about this hotel. It was close enough that I could walk to Sundance Square for dinner, easy access to the highway and a very welcoming staff. I didn't have a single issue while I was here; I am positive that any issues would have been handling quickly. There was a real feeling of professionalism with all of the staff that I came into contact with. It was quiet for a hotel, no outside noise and no slamming doors at all hours.

I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank AnnMillerTX
Rochester Hills, Michigan
Reviewed April 28, 2011

My wife and I stayed here during the 2011 Main Street Fort Worth Art Festival, as artists. The front desk staff could not have been more helpful or friendly. From check-in to check-out, every one of the front-facing personnel was helpful and polite.
The rooms are well-appointed, with really comfy beds and nice pillows. The towels are a bit cheap, though, thin, like a Super 8. The bathroom is a large enough area that you can sit on the toilet and still get the bathroom door open. Separate kitchenette, a desk and office chair, and a little couch complete the suite.
While we stayed there five nights, I only had the opportunity to eat breakfast once. It was good, above average, with pre-made omelets and scrambled eggs, bacon and other warm items, along with the standard cold cereal, juice and coffee. The coffee, served in thermal warmers, was never above lukewarm, though.
Didn't have a chance to try out the pool. Looked great, like everything else about this hotel. It's new, and built right next to the expressway feeder ramp.
But here's the bad part. There is NO security at this hotel, and it borders a fairly seedy part of town. The second day we were there, our art show trailer was stolen from the parking lot, where it was parked and locked. Our truck, parked next to it, was unharmed, luckily. But the thieves got away with thousands of dollars of artwork, show equipment and framing materials. It was taken during the day, between 8AM and 9PM. When we arrived back at the hotel after a grueling day at the show, the trailer was just gone. There were marks where it had been dragged out the back entrance. We reported it to the general manager, and to the police immediately, but the trailer has not been recovered.
The hotel is aware there is a problem, as evidenced by the fact that they park the hotel shuttle van across the back entrance at night to prevent anyone from entering or exiting that way. There are no security cameras in back, so they weren't able to offer much assistance to the police. And since the trailer was taken during the day, it was easy to haul it out the back entrance without anyone at the hotel being any the wiser. We found this out after the theft, unfortunately, rather than before. Not one of the friendly desk folk mentioned the security issues to us.
The hotel's insurance only covers liability, not theft, so you're on your own. And after the theft occurred, the hotel manager offered to help in any way that he could, but was strangely unavailable every time I inquired for him at the front desk. They refused to assume any liability or responsibility for vehicles parked on their property. But at the luxury rates they are charging, they probably should have a 24 hr watchman, and security cameras. Would I stay here again? Not unless security is beefed up and the area gets safer. After the theft, we felt jus a little insecure here.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
5 Thank parkerparker51
Midland, Texas
Reviewed March 1, 2011

This place was THE BEST! I was so happy with our stay and I am very picky. The gentleman at check in was very friendly and made check in a wonderful experience. I wish I could remember his name! The hotel is located right next to a railroad track. We were a bit worried about it, but you can not hear the train from inside, so don't let that scare you away. The lobby area was clean and nicely decorated. There were a lot of tables for breakfast, but we checked out before breakfast was served. This was a quick visit in the Ft. Worth area and not really a leisure visit but for a trip to Cook Children's Hospital, which you can recieve a room discount for if you are going there. We were able to check in quickly and got instructions to our room. The room we were in was a little small but perfect for us. It was my husband, my 3 year old, and myself. The room was clean and had a mini kitchen area with a full size fridge, small cook top, full size sink, and dishwasher. The bathroom is an okay size with a full size bathtub/shower and lots of storage space in the vanity area for extended visits. The beds were soft with good quality bedding and a mattress pad that fits the entire king size mattress (that's a pet peeve of mine). The sheets weren't stiff and itchy like some places, although I wish hotels would use fabric softener in their laundry...see I am a bit picky. They only serve breakfast at the hotel but there is a pantry where you can get TV dinners, snacks, and drinks and charge to your room. If you do want to leave to go eat you are just about 2 mins from the downtown area, where there are many different types of restaruants and bars. They do not offer a shuttle BUT there is public transportation with a bus stop just right outside the hotel, so you can still go visit the downtown area, even if you don't have a vehicle there. During the day, you will more than likely pay to park downtown but in the evening it is free parking and this hotel offers FREE parking!

The pool is an outdoor pool and we did not use it but did go out to see the patio and pool area. It is extremely welcoming and would be great to hang out and have a few drinks in the evening and I even enjoyed a cup of free coffee out there the next morning. They have patio furniture and some tables and chairs. There is also a fire place with a big screen TV to enjoy. There is no hot tub at this hotel but an adequetly sized pool. I did not use the gym, since it was a quick visit, but it had new equipment and was a good sized for a hotel of this size. They have free internet in the rooms and also 3 computers down in the lobby to use as well.

Overall we will stay there again and again and again! It was such a great location if you are going there to shop and/or enjoy nightlife, going there for business, or going to the hospital. I was very pleased with our short stay and wish we could have stayed longer. All the staff I came in contact with where super friendly and accomodating! We could not have asked for a more enjoyable stay under the circumstances of our visit to Ft. Worth.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family