“Perfect for brunch”
Review of Cafe Modern

Cafe Modern
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Modern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 1,591 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: University
Description: Café Modern chefs blend seasonal, local ingredients inspired by culinary traditions from around the globe. Their artfully crafted cuisine is served against the backdrop of Tadao Ando’s world renowned building in the celebrated Fort Worth Cultural District. Whether enjoying a weekday lunch, Friday night dinner or a relaxed weekend brunch, our genuine hospitality will ensure a memorable dining experience.
Reviewed October 1, 2013

My sisters and I enjoyed a lovely brunch at the Cafe Modern!

The room is simple and elegant, and looks back to the rest of the Museum, across the reflecting pond; it's a beautiful setting. The tables were set minimally but beautifully, also, in keeping with the restaurant's art museum venue. Our server -- and the entire staff -- made us feel welcome and well looked after during our meal.

Our food was delicious. The cheese plate included some very interesting offerings, and our potato leek soup was heavenly. I asked for my 3-egg omelet to come with just two, but it was perfectly scaled down, and the wild mushroom filling was tasty indeed. All of us were completely satisfied with our meals.

One more note: I could not believe how inexpensive it was to dine here...drinks, iced tea, coffee, and three courses came in at less than $125 for the four of us...wow!

This is not just the restaurant of the Museum of Modern Art -- Cafe Modern stands on its own as an excellent fine dining experience in Fort Worth.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

We went to the Amon Carter and found the advice on tripadvisor to eat lunch at Cafe Modern.
What a nice place to relax and have lunch! The space is of course just beautiful, but the food is good and the service attentive. I'd come here again and certainly if you are visiting the museums in the area it is a nice place to relax between museum visits.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

--We happened to be in town for one night and decided to try Cafe Modern as it was very highly rated by Trip advisor. Just so you know this Cafe is within the museum of modern art so you have to park at the museum, and walk through the museum lobby to get to it. I'd suggest arriving early as parking is not as abundant as you would hope. The architecture is very pretty for this restaurant and the staff are very friendly, attentive and helpful. Seats and table were very comfortable but the thin carpet allowed for a lot of noise transmission across the dining hall. We had the fritters, coffee rubbed steak and soft shelled crab. The fritters were magnificent. The steak was a little tough(a sin in Texas) and the soft shelled crab was good but not as crispy as I'd liked. Mixed drinks need some polishing as they both tasted a little rough for lychee margaritas and french mimosas. We went down there on a Friday night and while we didn't wait near as long as others there was a wait for our food that was nearly too long for a Friday night crowd. The table next to us sat down at the same time and had waited over an hour to get dinner. We were a little oblivious to time as we were munching on appetizers and enjoying the sunset and the pretty water pond. Occasionally the chef makes a bacon biscuit that is really good. It comes in the bread basket. Overall we enjoyed ourselves but were hoping the food would be better. With competition from hundreds of great steak houses and the likes of Eddie V's in town, they need to step it up.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

What a lovely space in the Modern Museum of Art...with the curved windows and the water feature, this light and airy space is the perfect spot for a late lunch.

We started with the cheese plate. The selection was very wide and varied and the accompaniments were excellent, especially the pecans. There is plenty to share for an entire table.

My husband had the cheeseburger and enjoyed every bite. The meat was flavorful and well cooked. My avocado sandwich was very tasty and light. Overall, a great meal and worth the visit.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

My husband, seven year old daughter and I recently had a glorious Saturday morning brunch. They have a terrific brunch menu that would appeal to any "foodie" who appreciates a local/regional twist on brunch standards. AND they have a kid-friendly menu as well--my daughter was happy and satisfied. Following brunch, we toured the museum...where else can you have brunch with Andy Warhol and Jackson Pollack? ;)

2  Thank NatalieJG