“Good food but terrible service. ”
Review of Casa Rita's Mexican Grill - CLOSED

Cuisines: Mexican, Bar
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

The restaurant was pretty empty when I went on a Sunday afternoon. This was my first time eating here while in town for business. I really enjoyed the chips and brisket tacos. Unfortunately, the staff wasn't very available. I never got a salsa refill or the queso I ordered to go with my chips. I'm torn if I'd go back again. The food was very good and it would be great if the service was better.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

A group of six had lunch at Casa Rita's. The food was good, and the salsa was very spicy and flavorful! A lot of Mexican restaurants serve wimpy salsa to cater to a larger audience... I ordered my standard enchiladas with the usual Mexican sides of rice and beans.

I would recommend this place again -- if you don't mind waiting. The server was very disorganized and we had to ask for our ticket several times before we got it and she was not very attentive to keeping drinks topped off.

Bottom line - clean, good food, but the wait staff is not organized.

Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Food was very good in a corporate formulated "upgrade" to traditional TexMex fare. Service was very prompt and polite in a scripted forced-friendliness kind if way. TV screens everywhere with sports - golf during our visit. Bathrooms were very clean and upscale. Technically there isn't much to complain about here but the amosphere was just way too white bread - corporate - yuppie - mall - for me. Bon appetite.

1  Thank schid
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Hubby and I have become semi-regulars at Casa Rita on Western Center & I35. There are a couple of reasons for this:

1. The food is consistently very good and they have some interesting things on the menu, like the white queso. It comes with a swirl of spices on top and they will leave it off if you prefer a milder version. Enchiladas are excellent as are the fajitas. The burrito is huge.

2. The service is great and the servers really know how to do their job. We did not have to ask for refills on our drinks. The time for the kitchen to get the food out can be a little long (why we get queso or another appetizer) but that is the only complaint and what keeps this place from an excellent rating.

3. We don't drink so we've asked other people and are told their ritas are great.

4. They have several flat screen TVs around the restaurant and hubby and I come here to watch the Rangers play and have a great meal.

Prices for most items are in the $9-14 range and there is a good lunch menu as well. We always bring guests here. Better than Posado's and On the Border, which are located close-by. .

Reviewed May 10, 2013

This started out as a convenient place to eat. It ended up being one of the most unique Mexican cuisine we had every tried. They were different in what they offered on the menu and very refreshing in the service and the food. Smoked brisket tacos that were made with exactly that, spicy smoked brisket. A bean and cheese dip appetizer that was tasty, and we got a complimentary dish of flan to try---we are now hooked on the dessert. The wait staff was fun to watch because they had their timing down pat. Always fun to see a good staff functioning so well together. Definitely coming back since we have relatives in the area.