“This hotel is in Forest Hills 1 block of I-20 on in Everman!!!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Worth - Forest Hill
Ranked #37 of 111 Hotels in Fort Worth
Houston, Texas
“This hotel is in Forest Hills 1 block of I-20 on in Everman!!!”
Reviewed October 22, 2010

First this hotel is in Forest Hills not Everman, it is one block off I-20 right behind the Hampton that is on the feeder street. This is not the greatest area but it is within ten to 15 minutes from Arlington's convention center, ball park, stadium and Six Flags so, it is very do able. It is a fairly new hotel as it has just opened summer of 2009. Check-in was smooth even though they were training a new employee. We had an Executive King Room with lots of space. Most everything was in working order however you could see that maintaining the new quality was not priority. Minor repairs were being over looked that will eventually be major repairs. I expected I would have to call the front desk to request towels since our reservation was for three and not the normal two occupants but I was a little taken back that it was stocked for only one person. This was easily remedy but since we would be utilizing the sofa-bed the request for additional pillows was a problem. The new trainee brought up the towels and only one pillow then informed us that the bedding for the sofa-bed was in a drawer. OK, no pillow cases at all. Others experienced similar issues as overheard being discussed in the lobby. The bed was nice and comfy but the sofa-bed was horrible and was quickly reassembled leaving my son to try to curl up on it as a pallet. (We purchased a set of cheep pillow cases for him to use.)

We were there for Friday night and Saturday night checking out on Sunday. Thou we encountered some minor inconveniences we were overall happy with our stay that is until Sunday morning when the wind changed. They had no one tending the breakfast area and no one wanted to bother. Every time something ran out someone would have to go to the person at the front desk and ask for it to be replaced, including the coffee. They had a pretty full hotel that Saturday night with two college ball games, a Rangers game, and a Cowboys game later that day. Moreover, there was a large Church group in house so consistently having to ask for coffee was ridiculous. At one time a bunch of bananas were brought out and then it was decided that with a full dining area only four were needed so the rest went back to the front desk. Unbelievable! As we sat there we witnessed the front desk manager and a housekeeper hollering directions on what to items to replace or should another pot of coffee be made since they were to shut down in 20 minutes. The trash had been taken out and the bag not replaced so people were hesitant to throw away at which time the complaints from the staff started about how lazy the people were.

As we attempted to check out of our room and haul our luggage out we had to dodge the housekeeping staff and not the other way around. We the customers trying to vacate were the ones saying excuse me. Check out the pictures I post. On the ground level I had to move an unattended empty laundry cart away from the propped open door to the laundry room to even get by. Upon returning it had been moved right in front of the elevator. But I still was not prepared for my experience with the front desk at check out. Now, I am not a young woman and my husband and I travel Texas almost every weekend so changing hotel rates are not a new concept to me, or so I thought. When I asked what the difference was in my bill from the previous night I was informed that it didn't matter what La Qunita's own website quoted, that the rate was based on occupancy for that night. She further told me that she could charge me anywhere from one hundred dollars to one-twenty. No matter what my reservation said it would be determined upon check out, based on total occupancy. After I informed her that was illegal I realized I was waisting my breath. Why would I expect someone that would come to work in a blouse that was so wrinkled it was obvious that it had been picked out of a pile, that would shout a conversation across two large rooms to be any semblance of a professional?

Once home we received an automated email from the owner asking if our stay was enjoyable which offered his email and phone number. So I called and was unable to speak with him. He is at another location and is unavailable to take calls and the email address sent would also be intercepted by this location. I did speak with a very nice woman that instead of honoring their guarantee she offered a free night next time we were in town. Oh, and can I please send her the pictures of the blocked hallways to use for future training?

Would I recommend this hotel to a friend, only with a stern warning and their other options were exhausted. All in all the beds are great but would I stay here again, even if it is free? I honestly don't know.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank Lovie2
lq6373gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Worth - Forest Hill, responded to this review, December 16, 2011
Dear La Quinta Inns & Suites Forest Hill Guest,

As a new General Manager, I want to begin by apologizing for your last stay with us being so awful. I want to ensure you that your next stay here will be an enjoyable one. I am happy to inform you as the new general Manager of this hotel that I have made the necessary adjustments to this hotel, including changes due to your comments to better improve the experience for you, the guest, and other guests from here on. Also, I want to inform you that the staff has been retrained on the safety for our guests and themselves. It was an obvious area of needed improvement and we made the necessary moves to rectify the situation. Again, I assure you, you next stay will be an enjoyable one end we welcome you to stay with us again to see for yourself. Thank you.

Sincere Apology,

La Quinta Inns & Suites Forest Hill Texas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed October 4, 2010

We made reservations for Monday through Wednesday at this hotel, then used our La Quinta points for Thursday night. The hotel cancelled our points reservation and charged us for the Thursday night. We didn't know they did this, so they showed we owed $85 for the night. They blocked us from using our points (70,000 points is what we have accumulated) and have been completely unreasonable about the issue. I cannot believe they can cancel our points and charge us for the reservation. Beware of them cancelling your points and charging you for the room instead. This is a complete nightmare to resolve. I cannot believe I have this many points with a hotel chain and now I have this kind of service to look forward to. I would never give an establishment of this kind any additional business.

Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
6 Thank pnutsdog
Dear La Quinta Inns & Suites Forest Hill Guest,

As new General Manager, I, on behalf of this hotel and staff, would like to apologize for the terrible experience you had with us during your stay. I am aware that there may have been some unnecessary miscommunication during the entire ordeal. I would just like to assure you that the proper changes have been made and we do our best to maintain the quality customer service that we have now. I do hope that you stay with us again and see that the hotel staff and policies have changed since your last stay with us. Thank You.

Sincere Apology,

Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed January 3, 2010

This hotel was by far the best La Quinta we have ever visited. We stayed for one night and were not expecting what we found. Everything seemed new and extremely clean, 32 inch lcd tv, super comfy beds, dark room, excellent bathroom. Seemed more like the newer remodeled Sheraton's than a typical La Quinta. Right off I-20. Will stay again on trips through the Ft. Worth area. Allows pets at no charge. Hotel was great, staff was ok, overall great stay.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank jentastic
LQMkting, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Worth - Forest Hill, responded to this review, December 14, 2011
Dear La Quinta Inns & Suites Forest Hill Guest,

Thank you for staying with us. I assure you our beds will always be comfortable. We know our guests need that ambience to be in peace in your room. We hope that you stay and enjoy our dark room and comfy beds again soon.

Warm Regards,

tx
Reviewed November 2, 2009

this is one of the best la quinta i stayed inn ..........clean ....modern ... the beds were so good .....it did help my back ...............great pool and spa and work out room is also big ...............overall this is best place the bug can buy..............

thanks .......and keeep it up so we can enjoy the place again .............
thanks to all staff and ppl who work there ...........they try to make my stay plesent

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank harry31mcali
Dear La Quinta Inns & Suites Forest Hill Guest,

Thank you for staying with us. We're so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We will definitely keep up with the high standards of our hotel and we will always strive to keep our guests happy and enjoyable here at La Quinta in Forest Hill. Thank you so much and we know you next stay with us will be just as pleasant.

Haughton
Reviewed September 29, 2009

This was a terrific La Quinta. I stayed for three days and it was a wonderful experience, starting with the friendly helpful staff. The rooms are all very nicely done and the beds are great. I have had back surgery and rarely am comfortable on hotel beds. These were wonderful and I believe that the manager said they do have the memory foam. Even though we were close to the interstate, it was very quiet. there is an elevator if you need one and my non-handicapped room had a safety bar in the shower, very nice. I usually stay in either La Quinta, Comfort Inn or Hampton Inn and I was very pleased with this one.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
3 Thank wrinklepupsmom
Dear La Quinta Inns & Suites Forest Hill Guest,

Here at La Quinta in Forest Hill, we are glad to know are guests are having terrific stays with us. Yes, our beds are Memory Foam beds with the formula that was hand -picked by the owner of this hotel himself. At this hotel, we understand that the need of a bed is not just for comfort and rest but also as a relief from aches and pains from possible injuries, those who may be recovering from surgery, such as yourself and sometimes just from the entirety of busy day. I do hope that you choose us again for your next time in town. I guarantee the quality of our beds and the high standards of our employees will always be preserved to be here for you, our guest.

La Quinta Inns & Suites Forest Hill
Radisson Fort Worth South
Radisson Fort Worth South
#61 of 111 in Fort Worth
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Worth North

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Worth - Forest Hill? Share your experiences!