“excellent”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Jakes Uptown

Jakes Uptown
Ranked #59 of 1,556 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown Fort Worth
Description: A true local Texas Tradition of “Burgers, Beer and Atmosphere” since 1985
Amarillo, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“excellent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

We were at gymnastics regional compution downtown. We got hungry so we walk down the street and found jakes. The surrondinds were great. Down to earth not fancy. the wait staff was excellent. The food was excellent, good portions. The prices were good since you were downtown Ft. Worth. Good location easy walk fom the convention center. Over all a great expirence for the family.

• Visited May 2013

Keller, Texas
“Good Burgers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

Had jury duty and ended up walking around and eating at Jake's for lunch one day. Really good burgers and great onion rings. I am a big fan of eating a good burger and this place serves them up really good.

Visited January 2013
Beaumont, Texas, United States
“Great burger and good beer selection!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

The Swiss Mushroom burger at Jake's was fantastic! Good Happy Hour prices. Beer list was solid with a good mix of micro and imports. Liked the atmosphere. No server immediately helped me...seems that I arrived about the same time as shift change. But the bar bought me a beer for my trouble. Thereafter, the staff was very friendly and attentive. Staff also did a great job of recommending different beers. Think I will visit again tomorrow and might try their breakfast menu.

• Visited April 2013
“Awesome cheeseburger!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stopped while our stay at the Embassy Suites across the road. The hamburgers here are absolutely delicious! I didn't think I'd be able to finish it as it was so huge, but it was so delicious, I ate the whole thing! Service was great. Only negative I could say was that there were not enough TVs located for easy view. For a sports type bar, this is very important to me. Anyway, other than that, great service, great food, great happy hour, clean bathrooms, conveniently located! Definitely will stop by again!

• Visited March 2013
Houston, Texas
“OK for a late night quick bite”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I just wanted a quick bite after arriving in town at my hotel. I ordered a chicken tender salad and diet coke. The salad was adequate but unimpressive. Too much breading on the tenders and the salad was overloaded with croutons. The server forgot my diet coke. Overall, just OK.

Visited April 2013