“unique experience”
Review of Omni Theater

Omni Theater
Ranked #35 of 164 things to do in Fort Worth
More attraction details
Owner description: Sit and view the 180-degree image this theater provides.
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We have been to the omni several times. Its attached with the museum which allows for pretty much a full day between both. The movies are not very exceptional and are usually more historic or educational. What is unique is the screen itself in the way it stretches the dome giving you complete body sensation of being a part of the action. Not like a 3-d at all, as you will find yourself swaying with the moves of planes or autos, like a passenger in the vehicle. I've seen Speed, Volcanoes, and tornadoes all are very intriguing.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

I love IMAX theatre, I have an issue with the dome idea. The dome stretches the scene in the movie to the point of spatial disorientation. I just saw Trains today- great movie it would have been great views if not for the stretching of the mountains to the point of being way out of focus. I have lived here for 13 years and I really like Fort Worth and I really want to like our IMAX theatre, but I leave with a headache every time. The actual name of the movie is Rocky Mountain express. Also I have tried top, bottom, middle seating all with the same results.

1  Thank Mbosson
Reviewed January 9, 2014

we love to hit this and the museum every couple of years. I have also taken classes as a teacher on a fieldtrip here.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Nice IMAX experience, we saw the movie on trains and it was enlightening. the seats were comfortable and laid back so as not to injure your neck.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Imagine being surrounded by the scenery - side to side and above your head! The lead in clip of a helicopter ride over FW is awesome, if a bit dizzying. Shows and prices vary with day and time and what's showing. Terrific experience!