“Sit at the Top”
Review of Omni Theater

Omni Theater
Ranked #35 of 163 things to do in Fort Worth
More attraction details
Owner description: Sit and view the 180-degree image this theater provides.
Reviewed March 30, 2013

My family and I went to see the Titanica show at the Omni. I have been to several different types of IMAX Theaters, and this theater is comparable to a golf ball type one I have visited. We arrived 5 minutes prior to the show and ended up sitting only a few rows from the front (bottom) and on the end near the aisle. I later found out that sitting towards the top and in the middle is the most desirable.

After the show, patrons are asked to walk all the way to the top to exit. In the future, take the elevator or take the stairs to the top so that you can get the more desirable seating and so that you can exit quickly.

I am an average sized woman and I felt the seats were tight. I noted an overweight male could not even sit in the seat and ended up at the very bottom of the theater in a regular chair. Viewing the IMAX experience was hard enough for me sitting in a row third from the bottom (as you have to bend your head back to see the entire IMAX screen) but sitting in a regular chair and then looking up from the very bottom would be worse.

This type of experience is different than a movie theater IMAX due to the seat reclining much further. Also, it is of note that there are no cup holders in the seats, so beverages must be placed on the floor. Everyone should experience IMAX in a round theater once in their life.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

After touring the Titanic exhibit at the museum (extended until April 28, 2013), we were fortunate to have pre-purchased tickets to the movie at the OMNI - 'Titanica'. Love this theater! Wish they could film a new, updated flyover for the opening, however, as the same one has been used for many years. The Ft. Worth skyline has changed, and the Museum complex has several new buildings! Great place for everyone to enjoy.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

The seating was great and the sound was awesome. I took my daughter to go see a movie there bought the tickets online and it was simple. I would go there another time if I could

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Watching the Hobbit was a unique experience. It trulyadded third dimension to this film. Although the projection had a difficult time staying with the fast paced scenes. If you can overlook this deffiancy you will have a very enjoyable experience.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

If you take your children and you think they may want to get up during the movie, ask to sit in the enclosed area (in the center).