Fort Worth Museum of Science & History

Reviewed August 27, 2018
cornuttc
Grandview, Texas
via mobile
Fun little museum for all ages

Reviewed August 24, 2018
TravelFoodLoveIt
Dallas, Texas

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Fort Worth
from $51.00
More Info
from $23.00
More Info
All reviews omni theater dino dig dinosaur area imax movie bed of nails great place for kids all ages interactive exhibits traveling exhibit gift shop rainy day kids and adults texas history special exhibit a lot of fun dinosaurs membership
Reviewed September 4, 2018

The museum in nice and clean. There was a lot of space to move around even with groups of kids from school visiting at the same time. I visited with my 3 year old who loved the dino dig and the play area that has a train, kids clinic, track, and other play stations. This is where we spent the majority of our time. There are several other areas with exhibits that my 3 year old could care less about. We also went to the play area outside where kids play with water, but it was too hot to stay out even while getting wet. Overall it was a nice trip, but I felt there was not enough to do for my little one. We were done with the entire museum in a couple of hours so we returned to the play area or more fun. Not sure that I will visit again, unless bringing family from out of town. I'll probably wait until he's a bit older to enjoy the other areas too.

1  Thank marley822
Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

Came here with our kids on the last Saturday before school started back. The kids loved it. Plenty of interactive stuff for them to do both inside and outside. They really loved the Grossology exhibit. If you get grossed out easy though that might not be for you. Overall, it was a good family trip.

1  Thank cornuttc
Reviewed August 24, 2018

This was a great unexpected stop on our trip, and had activities to keep all the wee ones busy. Some areas were definitely made for older kids (parents) due to more reading and less activity, and others were a great place for kids to show their creativity. Would visit again if we are ever caught in the rain!

Reviewed August 10, 2018 via mobile

We had originally planned on going to the zoo while in town, but it was pissing down pretty good when we got done with breakfast. So we decided to do some inside activities and this is what we chose to do in the afternoon portion. Most of the museum is in doors which was convenient for us. my three-year-old was able to play with most of the interactive activities. The planetarium was a nice extra that was an option on our ticket. I definitely would recommend this place to people with younger children or even some younger teenagers. The prices a little higher than I thought they should have been, but I find that to be with most things.

Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

This museum has so much potential and hits on some things but sadly really really misses on others. The good things first. The dinosaur exhibits are fun and interactive and my kids and I love them. They just need MORE!!! Dinosaurs put butts in seats it’s a fact. More skeletons, more fossils more interactive exhibits are what’s needed. Next, the Omni theatre, kids play areas, noble planetarium, dinodig and specialty interactive areas are great. My kids love all these areas and they are really interactive and fun especially the kids grocery store and dinodig. Again these areas are done really well. Now for the not so good. That ridiculous Barnett shale exhibit takes up a huge amount of space and adds absolutely nothing to the museum experience. The 4d ride is fun but then you walk out into a giant waste of space filled with basically a commercial for big oil. My kids couldn’t care less or even understand what this Barnett shale exhibit is about. You can definitely see quickly who paid for that quarter of the museum renovation. What an enormous waste of space. The second waste of space is the ranching exhibit. I can’t tell you how fast we walk through this incredibly boring area. This exhibit would be fine if it wasn’t so large it needs to be about half the size and have more interaction to it. You walk through it looking at barbed wire and spurs and pictures of cowboys going ok well I guess some donor really wanted a ranching exhibit. Again not interactive and takes up way too much space that could be filled with better exhibits. Next are the ridiculous hours for the cafeteria. Don’t try to get food after 2 on a weekday because you’ll be out of luck. I think it’s 3 on the weekend but shutting the food down in the middle of the afternoon with families walking around everywhere is ridiculous and just letting money walk out the door, makes no sense. I think that the Fort Worth museum has gotten lazy and has forgotten that they are competing for family dollars with places like the Perot museum in downtown Dallas which absolutely blows the Fort Worth museum away. So like I said some hits and misses. Fun place to go once but probably not twice.

Reviewed July 24, 2018 via mobile

I took my nephew's to this cool interactive museum. They had lots of fun and there's even a little place for them to be little archeologist which they thought was really cool. They have a lot of hands on activities to keep your little ones busy and the best part is they are learning without even knowing it. I would definitely visit this place again if I'm ever in the Fort Worth area.

Reviewed July 23, 2018

This is a phenomenal museum, especially for the pre-K kids. And except for the Barnet Shale exhibit, it is in great condition. The time travel ride is really exciting but it exits into this exhibit area which is a poorly maintained disappointment. Few of the interactive stations are working and the train seems to have gotten stuck at the station. So sad. If it's not working, I wish they would put a sign on it to that effect so children would not be thwarted in their efforts to figure it out.

Reviewed July 3, 2018 via mobile

Took 3 grandsons of varying ages & they all had a great time. So much to do. Of course they loved the grossology exhibit. The dinasaur section was great. The kids could color different dinosaurs, scan them in & they would fly/walk across this moving theater. Very cool. Theres always so much to do. We loved it.

1  Thank Debi H
Reviewed July 2, 2018 via mobile

I’ve been to science museums in Portland OR, Shreveport LA, Orange CA, and Los Alamos NM. This was by FAR the best!!! Total package for the 2 of us with IMAX, Planetarium, and museum was $45.

Reviewed June 30, 2018

The variety here was pretty awesome; we checked out the dedicated kids area with a bunch of interactive activities, a dinosaur exhibit, an exhibit about gross things (literally), and a history of the cattle rancher exhibit when we went. I wasn't expecting to spend too much time here but we ended up staying for more than half a day.

1  Thank Raymond W