“Excellent food and service”

Bob's Steak & Chop House
Reserve with OpenTable
Bob's Steak & Chop House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 1,576 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Home Style
Cross street: 13th & Houston Street
Description: Our Steaks are Prime, Our Portions Big & Our Drinks Stiff. Since the opening of the first Bob’s Steak & Chop House in Dallas, Texas in 1993, the name “Bob’s” has been synonymous with a great steakhouse experience. All locations are examples of the traditional American Prime Steakhouse, combining simple elegance, a lively atmosphere, big drinks, fine wines and large cuts of the finest prime steaks, chops and seafood.Indeed, reviewers have called Bob’s the best in town. Others rank us among the best in the country. Come visit us at any Bob’s location and enjoy the taste of prime beef served by people who take real pride in the name “Bob’s Steak & Chop House”...
Jackson, Mississippi
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Steak was cooked perfectly, service was excellent. Ambiance very nice. A bit overpriced, but it is located at The Omni across the street from a convention center- so what do you expect? Other high end restaurants are close by and are overpriced also- designed to cater to the business traveler. The bar is great, the restaurant is not too noisy and serves great food. Bottom line is I recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a high end place to eat.

• Visited May 2014

Fort Worth, Texas
“Just Okay, Not worth the price”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

The steak was okay, but not exceptional like I expected. The sides were not good at all and overpriced at that. The service was okay, but again, nothing exceptional. They do have a great wine list and amazing bread. With all of the steakhouses in the Fort Worth area, I would pass on this one.

• Visited April 2014
bobsfortworth, Manager at Bob's Steak & Chop House, responded to this review, May 24, 2014
Hello,
Thank you for your review. We value guest comments and appreciate all feedback. I am sorry we did not exceed your expectations. At your earliest convenience please call me at (817) 350-4100. I would like to speak with so I can further understand our short comings and improve our guest experience.
Jordan Dickey
Bob’s Steak & Chop House
Jefferson City Missouri
“No So Much”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

I could probably have given this steak house a better review if it weren't just flat out overpriced. At these prices one expects at least the quality of Ruth's Chris. Our server was overly obsequious and insisted on referring to me as "Madam". But I'm certain she relies on tips. Anyway, on to the food. First, if you order a martini keep in mind that they tack on four bucks for blue cheese stuffed olives. That is just tacky for an upscale restaurant, and brings the cost of a martini to Sixteen Dollars. Uh-Huh. The lobster bisque is tasty but they take the term "bisque" very seriously. There is no lobster whatsoever in this soup, and only a tiny dab of crab meat on top. I had a $34 steak that I ordered medium rare. It was served medium. Upscale steak house?? My husband had the special "Surf and Turf". The waitress quoted $55 for this tiny dab of food but we were charged Sixty Dollars. Uh-Huh. This $60 entree was composed of a tiny (maybe 2.5 ounce) bit of fish and a tiny (maybe 3 ounce) filet. It reminded me of a tapas small plate, nowhere near entree sized. I do not mind paying $200 or more for a nice meal, but I do expect the meal to be exceptional. This was not even close. P.S. the big carrot they serve with each entree must be cooked in sugar - it is truly candy sweet. The only exceptional part of the meal was the bread. If you want a really good staeak, go to Ruth's Chris or Reata's. Reata's is less expensive and the food is much better. If you insist on burning good money here, stay away from the specials! The less they serve the more they charge!

Hello,
Thank you for your recent review. I appreciate you sharing your experience and offering valuable insight to the management team. We strive to deliver exceptional service and value to our guest. I am sorry that we did not exceed expectations during your recent visit. At your earliest convenience please contact me at (817) 350-4100 or at jdickey@bobs-steakandchop.com. I look forward to hearing from you.
Jordan Dickey
Bob’s Steak & Chop House
Cotacachi, Ecuador
“Bob's Our Favorite: revisited”
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

We were back in Fort Worth and decided to stay at the Omni just so we could have a relaxed evening at Bob's. We always sit at the bar because we enjoy meeting new folks. We started off with a nice bottle of wine followed by a delicious chili. The chili was a little pricey at $12. My husband ordered steak tails which is all time favorite. I had mashed potatoes and the to die for carrot which is a Bob's tradition. For an after dinner drink I had their famous Judy's Special which is a Brandy Alexander. We met interesting people and had a wonder dinning experience. I highly recommend dinning at the bar. We were disappointed that Nina our favorite bartender was no longer there. Next time we are in Fort Worth we will certainly revisit Bob's.

Visited April 2014
Laurel, Maryland
“Great Food”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Located in the Omni Hotel this was a nice feature. The food was good and the service was great. I went two nights and had the Sea Bass special the first night and the NY Strip the second. The fish wasn't over cooked and the steak was seared to perfection with pleanty of medium rare flavor. Watch out for the bread. Its tasty but they give you a lot of it. The desserts were good and the bar is well stocked. Be careful because its not cheap and the price can creep up on you.