“Good quality meat”

Bob's Steak & Chop House
Reserve with OpenTable
Bob's Steak & Chop House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 1,622 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Home Style
Cross street: 13th & Houston Street
Description: Our Steaks are Prime, Our Portions Big & Our Drinks Stiff. Since the opening of the first Bob’s Steak & Chop House in Dallas, Texas in 1993, the name “Bob’s” has been synonymous with a great steakhouse experience. All locations are examples of the traditional American Prime Steakhouse, combining simple elegance, a lively atmosphere, big drinks, fine wines and large cuts of the finest prime steaks, chops and seafood.Indeed, reviewers have called Bob’s the best in town. Others rank us among the best in the country. Come visit us at any Bob’s location and enjoy the taste of prime beef served by people who take real pride in the name “Bob’s Steak & Chop House”...
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Good:
- As expected in expensive, fine dining place, service is great.

- Both Filet Mignon and lamb are made from top quality meat to justify one the highest price in DFW area. Unlike some other fine dining places, where they put more time on display and match with more exotic sides, here meat is the main theme. Portions are big too.

- Giant, juicy glazed carrot is their signature item (same quality in all Bob's places). On the otherhand, just using their magic "carrot" in all dishes can be viewed as lack of creativity and even meat itself could be prepared a bit better.

- Appetizer: this time I tried crabcake and could be my mistake, which is just ok. "The wedge" salad is simple and good though. Pumpkin soup could be another good choice too.

Ok:
- Dessert are just ok. Chocolate cake is not too sweet but nothing outstanding. Keylime pie is to avoid. Sadly, you could get at least similar or may be better quality dessert at Costco or Trader's Joe.

Dessert may be the weakest link here, followed by appetizer. So just have main entree then.

2  Thank bigboy61455

Reviewed February 27, 2014

I will preface this review with the fact I am a foodie and a frequent cook. I am always disappointed if the food at a restaurant is not as good or better than I could have prepared at home. As for Bob's Steak House, almost anyone could prepare something better than what we expereinced. I will start with the good: The bread was delicious, hot and fresh. Unfortunately, that is where the good ends.
We were in town on business and ate at Bob's out of convenience. There were four in our party and no one had a good experience with their food.
The lobster mac and cheese did not taste fresh - the lobster was fishy versus sweet and the noodles were almost voide of sauce and taste. Three people in our party ordered the Maryland Crab cakes which were fairly tasteless and not attractively displayed. The plate included no garnish - just a honey mustard sauce spread across the entire plate making the sauce unavoidable - and it was not good and did not complement the crab cake.
One person in our party ordered a fillet and they insisted on preparing it butter fly style - stating if they did not, it would be an extra 20 minutes of wait/prep time. Their first attempt at medium well looked like beef jerky and could hardly be cut with a steak knife. Their second attempt was better but the person eating it said the meat was of poor quality, definitely not worth $40.
The salad selections were unimaginative and contained poor quality produce - similar to what you would find at a fast food restaurant - lacking in color and taste. Honestly, I don't know how this restaurant continues have a good reputation with low quality ingredients, less than average preparation and slow service.

1  Thank Deborah B
bobsfortworth, Manager at Bob's Steak & Chop House, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2014

Thank you for your valued feedback. We strive to take excellent care of our guest and deliver a superior experience. We obviously did not achieve these expectations during your visit. Please accept my apologies. I would like to have the opportunity to personally talk with you so I can better understand our shortcomings. Please contact me at your earliest convenience.
Jordan Dickey
jdickey@bobs-steakandchop.com
817.350.4100

Reviewed February 10, 2014

I had dinner at Bob's in Ft. Worth last week with some business associates. I had eaten at the original Bob's in Dallas before the bankruptcy and the "chaining" of the concept. I think that Bob's has been dumbed down a bit for the mass market.

While there was nothing wrong with the meal, it was just not remarkable (as it should be at this price point). My steak came as ordered and had good flavor, but it was not really hot anymore. Is this because we have a large party? (8 people). The fried potato side really had little taste, although it is nice that you do get a potato included. The table also ordered the lobster mac and cheese, and again, it came pretty cold. The blue cheese salad seemed a like it had been made a while ago. The gratis bread was good.

Service was great. If you are staying the hotel, I would recommend eating at Bob's, but I think there are better steakhouse options out there.

1  Thank Paul P
Reviewed February 3, 2014

The bar had great cocktails and Matt our bartender was great. The dinner was superb with an awesome wine list. Our waiter ?Jason? was great. Can't remeber exact names bc had too many great drinks.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

I had the sea bass and would recommend it. it is a little pricey. But convenient and food was well prepared.