“Go elsewhere”

Bob's Steak & Chop House
Reserve with OpenTable
Bob's Steak & Chop House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 1,591 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Home Style
Cross street: 13th & Houston Street
Description: Our Steaks are Prime, Our Portions Big & Our Drinks Stiff. Since the opening of the first Bob’s Steak & Chop House in Dallas, Texas in 1993, the name “Bob’s” has been synonymous with a great steakhouse experience. All locations are examples of the traditional American Prime Steakhouse, combining simple elegance, a lively atmosphere, big drinks, fine wines and large cuts of the finest prime steaks, chops and seafood.Indeed, reviewers have called Bob’s the best in town. Others rank us among the best in the country. Come visit us at any Bob’s location and enjoy the taste of prime beef served by people who take real pride in the name “Bob’s Steak & Chop House”...
Reviewed June 18, 2013

What a huge disappointment. Came up for a weekend to FTW and stayed at Omni. Bobs is inside hotel so thought lets get a good steak dinner. Hostess had a serious attitude, bar tender was nice, steak was probably the worse I've ever eaten. Living in Texas I know good from bad steak. Friend that came with me for weekend also had a very tough steak. I inquired to server and they said that's normal. Huh?

Will never return.

1  Thank texex91
bobsfortworth, Manager at Bob's Steak & Chop House, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

Thank you for your valued review and feedback. I am very sorry for our shortcomings and I assure you this is not the norm. I would like to personally speak with you at your earliest convenience so I can better understand your experience.
Please contact me at 817.350.4100
Jordan Dickey

Reviewed June 16, 2013

My husband and I eat at Bob's for our anniversary and birthdays every year. We normally visit the one in Plano at The Shops at Legacy. But we wanted to stay the night in Fort Worth so we tried the Bob's in Fort Worth. It is located in the Omni Hotel but has it's own entrance on Houston Street.
As usual, I got the filet mignon and it was just as good at this location as it is in Plano. We wanted it cooked medium well but didn't want it butterflied so the waiter offered "medium plus". It was perfect! Pink but not too bloody at all. Usually, my husband always orders the ribeye and is never completely satisfied. He is always baffled as to why I love this restaurant so much and always want to go back. Well, I always get the filet. This time, he got the filet and thought it was wonderful!

We tried the green beans this time and they were really good and fresh. We always get the onion rings and those were good as well. We got the shrimp cocktail, which comes with just 4 shrimp. In Plano, the 4 shrimp have always been HUGE. The ones here were just a little bigger than normal. We got two in cocktail sauce and two in remelaude (sp?) sauce. We both preferred the cocktail, but decided at this location we would not get these again. Four shrimp for $15 should be a little bigger in size.

We were celebrating our anniversary and were a little disappointed that we did not get our usual complementary dessert. In Plano, with every special occasion we were offered the brownie/ice cream dessert. It was delicious, probably the best brownie/ice cream dessert I've had anywhere. Upon making the reservation, they asked if we were celebrating a special event, but the waiter was not even aware of it. Wonder why they made a point to ask when I made the reservation.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

So I wanted to write this review the second I got home and the peppercorn gravy was still on my taste buds.....My husband and I have never been treated with such overwhelming repect and just plain kindness at any place we have ever been. In my reservation caption I simply wrote "A couple that have worked very hard to come here and want an unforgetable evening". When we walked in they sat up in one of the 4 side tables. Right away Chef Christian came over to us and invited us to experience the "chef table"! We put our entire night in his hands and we felt like royalty! Our waiter Todd was out of this world. They served us different wine pairings with 5 course meal with everything from complimentary cooked to perfection scallops, soup tastings, chilean sea bass, filet, 2 kinds of potato and more! We were just average Joes that cant afford to spend such money but were blessed to ave this as agift and they rolled out the red carpet. I CAN NOT say enough about the hospitality we were shown. There are still wonderful deeds done in this world. When the piggy bank fills with our date night out money again this place will be visited again. Thank you Chef , Todd, and the entire staff of Bobs Chophouse!

2  Thank Amanda W
Reviewed May 18, 2013

The place looks great as you walk in, but once the food arrives the meal started to go downhill. Our server didn't even ask how the food was, ( as any point in the meal ) I ordered the Rib eye medium rare, but it was cooked almost Well done. The plate was dwarfed by a huge carrot, which is apparently their signature side dish. I wasn't sure what to do with a 1 pound carrot, definitely didn't want to eat it. The steak was very plain and hardly seasoned, truthfully i have had a better steak at texas roadhouse.
I will never go to this place again. Only good service I received was the valet out front.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Yet out of this world!!! The filet is extreme quality and cooked to perfection! Love the mushrooms! Well, in short its amazing. The service and atmosphere must be a dream, so great it doesnt seem real!! I even love the valet there!!! I give you my word!! You will be delightfully impressed.