“Dining delight”
Review of Grace - Ft. Worth

Grace - Ft. Worth
Reserve with OpenTable
Grace - Ft. Worth is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 1,711 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Fort Worth
Cross street: 6th Street
Description: GRACE delivers a dining experience like no other in Fort Worth. Adam Jones, known as the city's host for the unparalleled level of hospitality and service in his restaurants, invites you to enjoy Modern American Classic fare, created by award-winning Chef Blaine Staniford. In a comfortable modern setting that embodies the city's energy, guests can enjoy the outdoor terrace on Main Street and a spectacular bar featuring house-made seasonal cocktails with a separate menu for bar snacks.
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

Our monthly dinner group enjoyed the entire experience from pre-dinner cocktails till after dinner dessert and drinks. Everything was brought out in a timely manner. The foie gras tasting plate was superb as well as the steaks and lamb. Heck, everything was great!

DTLB, General Manager at Grace - Ft. Worth, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2014

Hi!
I just wanted to thank you for your business and for choosing us to dine with your group! We are so glad you all enjoyed your experience... I agree, the Lamb is one of the best items on our menu and actually an original menu item since we opened five years ago! We hope to see you soon!
Anne Sanders

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Stopped in at 4pm for the 4-6pm 50% off champagne happy hour. They have a great selection of champagnes and sparklings and for many of the entre's they were willing to make 1/2 portion (at 1/2 the price) so we could nosh, drink, drink and nosh. We sat at the bar - lovely experience, plenty of focus and attention. Only issue was that it was terribly cold outside (high 20s and 15mph wind) and the restaurant was cold the whole time. They need to notch up the heat just a little bit...

Hi Bill!
I'm so glad you came back and gave us another try! I had spoken to you by email after your last visit. We always appreciate the feedback and agree that we have had a few very cold days this winter that has kept the bar definitely on the cooler side and have recently been able to get the heat adjusted properly. We are so glad you enjoyed your overall experience at the bar and hope to see you soon- and maybe meet in person next time!
Anne Sanders

Reviewed November 23, 2013

First, I would visit here often if I lived in Fort Worth. I choose Grace based on reviews at Tripadvisor and other sites. The online menu was accurate and allowed us to have an idea of what to expect (that's always nice). The sommelier was knowledgeable and helpful - we were not steered to the most expensive item amongst our choices. You can spend a lot (quite a lot $$$$), but you can also make it happen for $$$ - probably $$ at the bar if you're not that hungry and not drinking much.

Walking distance if you are staying in one of the downtown hotels. Dress code is "business casual," but it really is the "new normal" (i.e., some will be coat and tie, some will be slacks and sports jacket, some will be nice jeans and good shirt, et cetera).

1  Thank wjk3
Reviewed November 19, 2013

We celebrated our 34 th wedding anniversary with our adult children and spouses. Everyone were first timers to Grace for dinner. The service was outstanding and her recommendations were spot on. For entrees we had rack of lamb, bone in ribeye, prime strip, Meyer Ranch filet. Everyone thought there entree was best. The Rack of Lamb was excellent.
The salads are unique to Grace and will not disappoint, nor will the appetizers and desserts which are also unique or excellent such as fresh oysters. I highly recommend GRACE FOR EXCELLENT DINING.

1  Thank Jim F
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Honestly, I'm not familiar with all the fine dining options in Forth Worth, but I have to believe that Grace is at the top of the list. The menu, while not especially innovative, covers all the bases, the food quality is exceptional, the service attentive and professional, and the dining environment might be best described as "uptown adult." In short, Grace could easily have been lifted straight out of any cosmopolitan city... it's that satisfying. So much for Fort Worth's "cow-town" reputation.

I opted for a Neiman Ranch filet with Bearnaise. (The Bearnaise, by the way, was excellent... it's surprising how many "better" restaurants manage to screw this up), and a creative take on the traditional French frisee salad, complete with poached egg, lardons and asparagus. One of Grace's other specialties is its wine list. I was dining alone on this occasion, so I ordered by the glass, and the options were surprisingly numerous and excellent. But the list offers a wide range of choices and price points.

As a single diner, I fully expected to eat at the bar as Open Table showed the restaurant full between 6:00 and 9:00 pm. But when I mentioned the bar option to the hostess, the owner overheard the conversation and led me to a pleasant corner booth where I dined while enjoying a commanding view of an energetic Friday night crowd.

I should also mention that Grace does a lot for the community. Full disclosure, here, I'm the board chair of Real School Gardens -- a growing national organization that builds learning gardens in elementary schools serving low income neighborhoods. Grace hosts an annual benefit dinner for our kids, featuring produce grown in our gardens. Pretty cool, eh?

But Grace's philanthropic efforts aside, I'd frequent this restaurant simply because the food is excellent, the service good, and the environment, sophisticated. All the stuff I look for in a restaurant -- and all the stuff I'm betting you'll enjoy, too.