“As Amazing as the First Time”
Review of Grace - Ft. Worth

Grace - Ft. Worth
Reserve with OpenTable
Grace - Ft. Worth is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 1,591 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Fort Worth
Cross street: 6th Street
Description: GRACE delivers a dining experience like no other in Fort Worth. Adam Jones, known as the city's host for the unparalleled level of hospitality and service in his restaurants, invites you to enjoy Modern American Classic fare, created by award-winning Chef Blaine Staniford. In a comfortable modern setting that embodies the city's energy, guests can enjoy the outdoor terrace on Main Street and a spectacular bar featuring house-made seasonal cocktails with a separate menu for bar snacks.
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Second time here and just as amazing as the first! Diver scallops are a must and treat yourselves to anyone of their amazing cocktails. Service was impeccable and made the dinner that much more enjoyable. Great for any occasion when your in the downtown Ft. Worth area.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Perhaps my tastebuds simply aren't "sophisticated" enough to enjoy Grace's menu. If you're looking to EASILY blow through a few hundred bucks for food that is, frankly, substandard, then this is the place to go. The oyster appetizer was a joke. I ordered 6, and while they were good, they were the smallest oysters I've ever had. I definitely expected more for the price.

Possibly the worst part was the bone-in ribeye. I feel like I could've gotten a better steak at a franchise restaurant--another famous steakhouse based out of Texas comes to mind--and I would've paid a fraction of the cost. There is very little seasoning added to the steak itself--thus nearly REQUIRING you to pay $4 for a few tablespoons of their special blends. I paid for the sauce, but the steak was still BURNT (I always order it cooked medium).

On the plus side, Grace does have a unique offering of platters. Rack of lamb, quail, and the like are offered. Foie gras is available--but my wife tried it here and couldn't eat a second bite. You might chalk this up to not liking foie gras, but she has enjoyed it on many other occasions, elsewhere.

The beer is really good. I liked the blonde ale that they served. The service was pretty good, too. Overall, my biggest complaint is the taste of the food and the lack of alignment to ridiculous prices.

1  Thank MJ W
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I went there with high hopes because of those review on this site. As soon as we got there, the staff was very nice and the beer they recommended was great! So I was so excited to try $13 to $30 starters. We got half dozen of Japanese oysters which cost almost $4 for each. Because the waiter told us the oyster is fat and have great flavors. Well, size of the oyster was about nickel. Yes it was fresh, but didn't have so much flavor because of the size. Same time we ordered Market Sashimi. It comes with 4 tiny slice of White Tuna. So one slice cost $4.50. With that place, you should be able to eat Toro (Fatty Tuna) or Sea Urchin. I was interested that because they mentioned Avocado with the Sashimi. I didn't see any of it in the dish. Yes I know the top chef want to show his creativity on the dish, but the sauce (Ponze, and Sesami seed oil) was over powered the fish. We ordered Bone in rib eye stake, Kobe pot roast, and foie gras. Stake was just ok. Nothing special about it. If anything, TX R**d H***e stake was better. Especially after we just had Rut* Chri* Stake house day before that, That was just pure disappointment. Kobe beef is the beef suppose to melt away with all flavor as soon as you put those in your mouth. Not in the case. I don't know what part of Kobe they use, or what kind special way to cook to mess up with the high quality of meet, but the meat was just too dry. You can feel all strings in your mouth. And THE FOIE GRAS!! OMG, that was terrible!! I love foie gras and whenever I see those on menu, I order those. The foie gras had strong smell I ever had. I felt like someone put wet dog in my mouth! May be I'm not sophisticated enough for the restaurant. Or people believe if you pay so much money on some thing, they have to say it is the best meal like most people says Dom Pérignon is great sparkling wine. I had a chance to drink pink, gold couple of time. And people say "That is the BEST!" at the table to not brake the atmosphere. But most people agree they just enjoy to be able to drink that as status not for the taste. I felt same things going on at the restaurant. They pay money to enjoy the atmosphere. Since I go to restaurant to eat great food not enjoy to spend money, it is the not type of restaurant for me.

2  Thank Manami W
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We can't wait to go back! We were there with a large group on a busy night and everything was perfect! Amazingly we all got our drinks immediately and then got our food all at once. Honestly, the service was so good, I can't imagine how they did it...and the food! Starting with the best little appetizer ribs EVER, moving to the pot roast which (no kidding) melted in my mouth! and the crowd favorite: bite sized pearl onions wrapped in crispy bacon, I would call this the best meal I have ever eaten, anywhere, anytime! My husband had seafood and it was great. Put together with the reasonably dressed people (not sloppy, not formal) this is our new favorite place in town. Little onions look out--I'm comin' to getcha!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Grace in downtown Fort Worth combines excellent food with a lovely atmosphere and service that is attentive without being intrusive. Owner, Allan, is generally there greeting his customers and this gives a nice personal touch to the whole experience. The menu is not extensive but includes excellent steaks, some seafood, even a vegetarian item which is very good. while I usually start with the fried oysters (wonderful) took the waiter's recommendation and tried to prawn starter and was very happy with it.