“First night in town looking for a place to eat”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ferre Fort Worth - CLOSED

Ferre Fort Worth
Cuisines: Italian, American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Fort Worth
Cross street: Calhoun
San Antonio
“First night in town looking for a place to eat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

It was Wednesday night and we were looking for a place for a light meal. Looking through Open Table and checking menus, we selected Ferre’. It turned out to be a good choice. The Margherita pizza and lime tart my wife and I shared were delicious and filling. Their wait staff is very attentive and checked with us regularly to see if everything was to our satisfaction.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank STEVEN D

Dallas, Texas
“I Wouldn't Eat There Before A Show Again”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

We opted to try this restaurant because it was directly across from Bass Hall. The exterior is very unassuming and I’d never noticed it there before even though I go to performances across the street pretty frequently. We arrived well before the time the performance was to start. In fact, we arrived even earlier than we usually do when we eat at other places in the area. Still, we almost missed the performance.

When we arrived, we were seated right away, but then left to ourselves. It was quite a while before someone came over to get our drink orders. After that, there were unacceptably long intervals of time between each instance of seeing our server. There were times where he’d walk right by us and we were unable to get his attention. Our drinks were never refilled. When we were ready to leave, he was nowhere in sight. We started to worry about whether we’d get to the show before they closed the doors. Eventually, we left, leaving one of us behind to try to get someone’s attention and pay for all of us. He arrived at Bass after us, just minutes before the doors were closed and the show started. I have never eaten anywhere else in Sundance Square where I’ve come this close to missing a performance.

Our food was acceptable, but nothing all that special. I ordered what was listed on the menu as a margherita pizza, even though it really wasn’t. They use sauce instead of fresh tomatoes, so it’s not a traditional margherita. Still, I’d been craving a pizza with basil, so that’s what I ordered. The sauce didn’t have much flavor to it. The mozzarella appeared to be freshly-made, which was good. The crust was thin and crisp, slightly burned on the edges as you’d expect in a brick oven. It didn’t have much flavor, though. Overall, it was a disappointing pizza. Others in the group had the Chilean sea bass and the buscatini with meatballs. We all agreed that the food was just okay, but nothing to rave about.

I would have expected much more in terms of service and food quality given the prices. Overall, I’d say neither the food nor the service match the price point, and I certainly wouldn’t eat there again before a show.

• Visited September 2013
Mansfield, Texas
“Good food, great waiter, nice view, but expensive wine.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Had the sea bass with a spinach & rice mix. Food was pretty good, fish was cooked perfectly but could have used a bit more flavor. Waiter was funny and very pleasant. Only complaint was that the wine is way overpriced. If they would lower wine prices 33% they would be on par with other restaurants and then I'd want to come here often.

• Visited October 2013
Detroit, Michigan
“Great Food, Great Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Had a great dinner at Ferre. The staff, especially Mike, went above and beyond with our dinner. Provided great drink and dinner recommendations and was very attentive and personably throughout our meal.

The chicken I had was great and I'd definitely come back just for that.

Visited October 2013
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Good location, good drinks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Located adjacent to Bass Hall it was a perfect cocktails prior to attending the Cliburn. Can't comment on the food but the martinis were excellent as were the wines. Drink prices are in upper side of average. Excellent service. Looking forward to returning for dinner.

Visited May 2013