“Extremely disappointed”

Nonna Tata
Ranked #378 of 1,596 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I heard great things about the food here, and was prepared to wait for a table. A friend and I got to Nonna Tata at about 7pm and left our number with the hostess after being told it would be an hour wait. We went to another place for a drink, and after an hour and a half with no call we walked back to Nonna Tata and asked about our table. We were told another half hour. There were a few empty tables but they weren't seating anyone because the kitchen was backed up (sounds strange to me, I would think they would want to seat as many people as they could). But we left again, and still hadn't heard anything after another hour and half. We called and were told to come down to be seated. We sat at an outdoor table (hadn't been cleared off yet) and preceded to wait for another twenty minutes with no service, menus, or even having the table cleared off. At this point we had waited more than three hours and were fed up. As we were getting up to leave the waitress came out and preceded to tell us that it wasn't her fault that some customers stayed later than they expected, and gave us attitude for saying that the situation was ridiculous. I wanted so badly to try this place, but absolutely will not go back. The level of rudeness and disrespect we received from the staff was inexcusable. The hostess should have told us outright that they were too busy to seat us, instead of letting us wait until 10:30 when all other restaurants are already closed for the night.

3  Thank lindsaycs113

Reviewed November 11, 2012

This is one of the best italian restaurants I have eaten at in Fort Worth! It is cash only but well worth it. The restaurant is very small so I would recommend getting there as soon as they open. You can't call ahead and make reservations but if you get there and they are already full, they will take your cell phone number so you don't have to wait there. The pesto pasta is my favorite!

1  Thank Autumn0281
Reviewed October 4, 2012

very small inside, eating outside too. Get there early because it fills up fast. This is all made to order, fresh and awesome awesome food. Not too much, not too little. Made from Scratch. You can see in the kitchen. Clean and friendly. Must have cash.....but don't let that stop you. It's like being in Italy going to a local place. wonderful GO!

1  Thank Bdshipma
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I have heard rave reviews about this restaurant since I came to work in Fort Worth in 2008. The food was really good, and you can tell that all of the produce and cheeses were fresh. The pasta is all very reasonably priced. The inside is charming with only four or five tables, and the outside has about five more tables. It feels like an osteria in Italy. The tables fill up fast, and it is BYOB.

1  Thank Seiderjps
Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

We stopped for lunch here. On the high end for cost for lunch but food was freshly prepared and tasted great. Bread was outstanding. Only comment was soda served in a can seemed off.

1  Thank RonnieTexas67