“one of the best trips/hotels i have EVER stayed at!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Worth Fossil Creek
Ranked #18 of 110 Hotels in Fort Worth
Palestine, Texas
“one of the best trips/hotels i have EVER stayed at!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

staff was wonderful! stayed there for a concert at billy bobs in fort worth. they had complimentary shuttle that was quick and efficient. breakfast has a great variety of items. would definitely stay again! actually planning another trip soon!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Houston, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

I am always very concerned about the cleanliness of the hotels I stay in so I always travel with disinfecting wipes, gloves and wipe down EVERYTHING in the room we will be touching. I also spray the shower completely with a Lysol type spray. That being said, the room we got was surprisingly clean! I always manage to find something yucky in the rooms I've cleaned but not this room!
I've read other reviews about this hotel regarding the heavy footed people on floors above. I requested a room on the top floor and wore earplugs to bed (as I sometimes do because of hubby's snoring). I had a great night sleep but hubby mentioned hearing a train sometime in the night or early morning.
The breakfast buffet was the usual you would find at hotels of this type however the food was hot, tasty and the selection was good.
The front desk staff, both when we arrived and when we checked out, was excellent! When we arrived in our room I discovered the tissues were almost out and I wanted another set of towels. On our way out to dinner I stopped and asked the front desk staff for more tissues and towels and they seemed honestly happy to help. When we got back from dinner, the extra towels and tissues were waiting -- I requested they deliver them to the room while we were gone.
We are members of Marriott rewards, but chose to stay in this hotel because the Marriott properties in this location all had poor ratings on TripAdvisor. I can say I have never stayed in a Marriott hotel that was as clean as this Hampton Inn.
If we are ever back in this area, we will skip the Marriott properties and stay here again!

Room Tip: According to previous reviews, requesting the top floor will eliminate the possibility of a heavy fo...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Qwill66
Dublin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

We arrived late afternoon and there was a power problem in the area. As soon as we drove up the Manager came out to explain, took our bags, gave us directions to the local mall and off we went. Good, pleasant service.

Room etc were of the usual good Hampton standard. The only negative is the ongoing road works in the general area but that is just one of those things.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
GEORGETOWN, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

Friendly staff, clean & comfortable room, the bed was VERY comfortable. Although there was a power outage in the area, no fault of Hampton Inn, I have zero complaints. Complimentary breakfast was great too!

Room Tip: upgrade to a suite for $10.00's more well worth the money!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
cuero, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

It was not because it was a happy time that we visited this hotel. My husband's sister had unexpectedly passed away after a brief bout with cancer. Of course no one knew the reason for our stay but the friendly manor in which we were treated helped to ease the shock and sadness that we were feeling. The hotel was comfortable and clean as most Hampton Inns. We really appreciated the good nights sleep that we got! Thanks Hampton.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Waco, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

Went to Six Flags for the day and our friend who is a business traveler got us this room so we didn't have to drive home after a long day. We arrived at about 1130 PM and when we walked in we were greeted within about 2 seconds by a very friendly employee. We had room key in hand within about 1.5 minutes. Loved cameras in the property for security. Room was very very clean. I'm super picky and germ phobic. I look for the little things. Couldn't find anything! The next morning the breakfast was great and the staffer monitoring the breakfast kept everything stocked and took a second to say hello. Check out took about 20 seconds. On way put groundskeeper was walking property picking up any small litter. Would highly recommend this hotel. Our experience was the kind that builds a customer who stays with this brand.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Nyc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

The property would have been a standard hampton inn except in more than a hundred stays at hampton inns i have never experienced such great service and a very hands on manager when you experience problems. First, they got me checked in earlier than the check in time allowed, which is pretty common in most properties these days but the fact is they tried. The bonus came when i experienced connection or wifi problems in room 314. I reported this to front desk and they tried but couldn't get it going, so the next morning upon reporting it to Vincent Rodriquez, the manager, he immediately and promptly moved me to another room, and compensated me for a frustrating first night. I will tell you his sensevof urgency in quickly solving the problem made all the difference in my stay. It makes this property stand iut amongst the very great hamptons. Although the location is not superior ( its seconds to highway but convoluted to get to because no immediate exit off highway to property), the comfort and service more than makes up for it. If u ever stay at one of its suite rooms, you will not be dissapointed. Room 301 is very spacious and comfortable. It has a utility sink, a good size refrigerator, microwave, and preparation marble like counter at the entrance of the room away from the bed, a nice sitting room that opens up to two double beds. The bathroom sink is separate from the bath tub and toilet which makes it convenient to get ready when travelling with family, friends, etc. The gym is very small but has all the basics and a couple more equipment like big yoga balls.

Room Tip: Room 314 faces the roof top. Not an elegant view. Room 301 is a nice double bed suite faces the pa...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business