“First rate food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Piola

Piola
Ranked #547 of 1,556 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Commerce, Texas
“First rate food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

Piola Italian Restaurant and Garden is now at the top of my list of places to eat in Ft. Worth, Texas. Piola is located in the cultural district and offers a quite, secluded atmosphere, with linen tablecloths, a nice variety of wine choices, and fresh, made-to-order appetizers, salads, soups, entrees, and desserts served up by Chef Bobby Albanese. I wouldn't classify this as a family restaurant, although, children would be welcome. It's more for couples who are dining out for the evening or groups looking for a nice place for a business lunch. They also have Happy Hour most evenings as well as outdoor seating in the garden. The place is a little tricky to find for an out-of-towner, even with GPS, but persistence will be rewarded with a great dining experience. I thoroughly enjoyed the pan-seared salmon and warm goat cheese crostini with garden vegetables. My husband had the spinach salad and fettuccine primavera which was equally good. I can't wait to get back to this place. http://www.fwpiola.com/

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank rebeccacharlene

Fort Worth
“Piola”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

We picked perhaps the last suitable day to enjoy Piola's covered outdoor patio. There were few others willing to spend their lunch hour al fresco but we enjoyed the atmosphere. The soup selection was good and our server was willing to bring us a sample of each prior to making our choices. The chefs are creative and inventive in their menu offerings. Service is attentive while not being underfoot. Lunch portions and prices are appropriate. Parking is a bit of a challenge due to the residential setting.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Tim R
Arlington, Texas
“Hidden Heaven!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

On a side street, seemingly residential area, behind a medical facility, you will find this gem. Attentive service, delicious Italian fare, excellent salmon, scrumptious chicken, nice wine selection, romantic interior. We have tried it twice now, with happy results, both times eating indoors. Next time we will try the outdoor area, as it looks well protected and cozy. Glad I didn't read the below reviews before we went, as our experience could not have been better.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank spunkydad
Harrah, Oklahoma
“Don't waste your money or your time”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

My wife and I were in Ft Worth for our wedding (elopement). This place was recommended to me from a couple of friends. I called ahead to let them know we were getting married on Friday night and having dinner there after. I asked for the manager (Bobby) and spoke to him. Told him our plans and asked him to take care of making it super special for my beautiful bride. He arrogantly said no problem. After the perfect day of our wedding and wedding ceremony, I expected her to be treated like a queen here. No such luck. Not only did Bobby do NOTHING to make it special, he was still very arrogant and didnt do a thing to make it special. No wine, no flowers, no special table... It was as though we were just another average customer to him and he could have cared less. I will say that our waitress, Rachael, was very good. Other than that, the food was very bland and not worth what they charge for it. I could have made a better Italian dish at home. It wasnt bad, just nothing to write home about. You can find better places in Ft Worth, so keep searching.

• Visited October 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Overpriced food for average fare”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

We went here for our anniversary and will likely not be back. For nearly $100 for 2 plates and an appetizer, can we definitely do better for a paltry amount of food.

Visited August 2012

Been to Piola? Share your experiences!