“gluten free, and the best Alfredo I've ever had”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Piola

Piola
Ranked #424 of 1,556 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Azle, Texas
“gluten free, and the best Alfredo I've ever had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012

Ft. Worth is not known for Italian food. The chicken and carmelized onions ($13.95) may not sound like a combination, but just the right amount really set off this dish. Piola is in an old house, redone with white tablecloths and a wonderful covered, garden patio in the rear very close to NTSU's medical school and the (mostly mediocre, unless its Tex Mex) restaurants close to the museums on "So 7th street". My wife had the Lobster Ravioli, also outstanding. And then, after carrying my own wheat free pasta into Italian restaurants for 40 years, the chef came out and told me he had gluten free pasta in the kitchen for wheat sensitive customers! Satisfactory wine list, attentive service by Max, a truly outstanding experience. Don't miss it.

• Visited June 2012

Fort Worth, Texas
“One of the best Italian restaurant in fort worth, tx”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

Very nice patio. Good atmosphere good service and food what else one need . The best.

• Visited May 2012
Azle, TX
“Great evening!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2012

We stumbled upon this place while dining with old friends. Patio was very nice, beautiful and charming decor, and the food was very good. We started our meal with Prosecco and antipasta....my main course had an awesome side of polenta....great, great food! We live in Fort Worth and will definitely be back!

• Visited May 2012
Arizona
“We thought it was wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I just got home from an excellent dinner. We went there based on recommendations from our son and his friends. We arrived for our reservation about 15 minutes early, but we're seated right away. We were quickly offered water and drinks and our waiter handed us the menus and explained the night's specials. Fresh Italian bread with olive oil for dipping appeared while we were looking at the menu. I chose a delightful watermelon salad and my husband had the Mediterranean salad. Both were fresh and flavorful. It was hard choosing main courses, But finally decided on the Lobster ravioli and my husband had the eggplant dish. Again, both were fresh and flavorful. The portion size wasn't huge, but was definitely enough. Our waiter was friendly and attentive. For dessert, we shared the cappuccino pie and coffee. All in all, I would say we had a delightful dinner in a delightful setting. I am confused by the bad reviews I discovered here.

dallas
“Terrible. Got food poisoning from scallops.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2012

Got food poisoning from the scallops and aside from that the place was a ripoff. Steer clear of the specials and in fact steer clear of this entire shady establishment.

1 Thank texan1337