“The worst experience I've ever had and I travel a lot!”

Americas Best Value Inn Forth Worth
Ranked #63 of 110 Hotels in Fort Worth
“The worst experience I've ever had and I travel a lot!”
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

I advise everyone that looks at this motel to keep looking! When the people at the front desk tell you to take your valuables in the room with you find another motel! They were not kidding! One night stay of $60 cost me $2000 because the place is in a crime area! I got my van broke into! Busted out my side window in my van. I think it is people in the motel across from it that are breaking in cars or in that same motel! Beware and keep moving!! They have cameras set up but the police said it was to grainy to see anything, of course!! This is the worst motel ever!! I did get my $60 back for room but that don't help with fixing my van!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Kansascathy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Fort Worth
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Neighborhood could have been nicer but it was right next to the highway so that was convenient. I have ZERO complains. We had a king bed on a very clean and comfy room. Breakfast was a little less than what I expected (only waffles and cereal) but again, for the price we paid, it was fair.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Austin, Texas
Reviewed April 29, 2013

My wife and I go to Fort Worth on a regular basis to see our kids, and we needed a hotel that we could stay in without having to shop it each time. It needed to be clean, safe, comfortable, and most of all affordable. ABVI is a good find. On the day we were going to check in Jay the owner called to verify we were coming and inquire what time we thought we would arrive, which we thought was nice. ABVI is centrally located, and while it’s not in a tony area of town by any means, it’s decent enough and it seemed quite safe to us. The lobby was a little small, or maybe it just seemed that way since it had the space for the breakfast tables worked into it, along with a small sitting area and a really big TV. Our room was large by today’s standards, and included a small couch/sitting area. It came with a large screen TV, a microwave, fridge, iron & ironing board, and a blow dryer. The king bed was big and comfortable with clean fresh linens. Breakfast was fine, not spectacular but sufficient and it seemed fresh. They have a pool, which was clean enough although the pool area was a bit barren, probably because we were there in the early spring and no one was swimming yet. The structure itself isn't new, but it's well-maintained. About the only minor disappointment we had was that breakfast ended at 9am on the weekend, which seemed a little early to us. But overall ABVI was a great find and very much a value for the money. I’d recommend it in a heartbeat if you’re on a budget.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed April 21, 2013

As a solo traveler visiting relatives I was seeking a quiet and clean motel with reasonable prices, a 'frig, and hopefully a continental breakfast. I found all these at ABVI in Fort Worth. Easy access to freeway, but all rooms face perpendicularly to freeway and traffic, making them very quiet; I also never once heard any other occupant, and these were numerous. No problems with cleanliness of room or amenities; had 'frig plus large screen TV, hand iron, etc. The breakfast from 6 or 6:30 to 9 was just what I wanted, three or four kinds of Danish and muffins, waffles if desired, excellent coffee. I usually munched while using the computer in the lobby. All told, if I wanted luxury to impress visitors, I likely would choose somewhere else more expensive, but for myself I found my stay here to be excellent quality at a very good price. Will come again.

Room Tip: I found all rooms here to be safe. There was never any commotion at or near the motel that I was aw...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are real nice and smell good! Clean everything! Great price! Amazing service! Host even came to my room twice! Once to give me my reciept for the room and second to tell me that the hotels down the road the customers cars were getting broken into and getting their gps's stolen!! Glad I didn't stay at those!! Then I accidentally locked myself put went to the front desk and handed me another key no problem! Very nice place has a decent size very ran pool and hot tub!! It's a great place and I will stay here again!!

• Stayed April 2013
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Since we just needed a reasonably priced hotel with comfortable beds, a fridge & microwave, for our weeklong stay, this definitely fit the ticket. A couple nights were a little noisy, but with very good front desk service, I think if we'd complained, the management would have done something about it. Very pleased with the friendly staff, who kept our room very clean. Basic, light breakfast (small danishes, cereal, waffles, juice, coffee). Great location for access to the nearby mall as well as hopping on the highway to go to downtown Ft. Worth, Arlington (sports stadiums), & on to Dallas. Close to NAS JRB Ft. Worth (where our son is stationed). Front desk has cameras on parking lot, etc.--felt quite safe there. Will probably stay there again when we return for a visit.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
Reviewed January 8, 2013

This is one of the two best Americas Best Value Inn we have stayed in and we always check out this chain because they are often recently renovated and are economical . I don't understand why the hotel chain has it ranked as only a 3 star! The location is terrific--only a few exits from the Kimbell Art Museum and the beautiful Fort Worth botanical garden. The rooms were very nice with good housekeeping. The people at the desk were very helpful with a great evening man who told us lots of fun stories. AND......, they have a waffle machine!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple