“WORST "HOTEL" EVERRRRR!!!!!!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crossland Economy Studios - Fort Worth - Fossil Creek

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Crossland Economy Studios - Fort Worth - Fossil Creek
Ranked #88 of 110 Hotels in Fort Worth
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“WORST "HOTEL" EVERRRRR!!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2010

I'm not sure which rung of the inferno this place exists on but it must be pretty far down the ladder. This place is awful! My girlfriend and I were making our way across country and decided to save some cash while staying in Fort Worth, TX. This "hotel" was the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. The reason why it was so bad was because it is and "Extended Stay" hotel which also doubles as a Section 8 welfare housing complex. I wish i had known this going in.

The major downsides are:
The room smelled like smoke and mold. You could cut it with a knife. The comforter had cigarette burns in it.
The whole carpet was wet. As if the person before us ran the sink all night long.
There were roaches in the kitchen cabinet and bugs flying around in the room.
The towels were filthy and had black stains on them
There was graffiti INSIDE the room!
Some of the residents will ask you for money in the parking lot.

I didn't get a wink of sleep the whole night. Doors were slamming and people were coming and going as the party raged on. Also, the front desk doesn't answer the phone. I lasted 6 hours which was way more than I should have. If you want to stay in this hotel bring a gun.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Fort Worth, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2010

We stayed here for one night because we had our home heavily fumigated and I did not want to take my son there because he was having respiratory issues. This place was VERY close to home and looked nice from the outside so we decided to get a non-smoking room for the night while our home aired out. BIG MISTAKE! After dark there are very seedy looking people around and a LOT of late night activity. I did not feel safe there with my children AT ALL. Also, the room REEKED of smoke! I think we would have been better off breathing in the fumes at our house! What a joke!

It is filthy as well! The stairwells reeked of garbage and everything was sticky like sodas, etc had spilled and were left for months. It did not appear the public trash had been emptied in days as there was trash piled up everywhere.

The room was dirty as well! The carpet had black stains all over it and it was apparent no one had tried to shampoo it. The nightstand was dirty with all kinds of stains. Truly the WORST hotel experience I have EVER had.

This place is perfect for drug dealers or hookers. Anyone else, take my advice and DO NOT stay here. If you do stay here,I would advise not bringing your kids and packing heat.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
ft worth
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2010

I am currently staying at crossland because my house sold quick and the new one is not ready. I chose the location from the internet reviews, boy were they wrong. First off I am staying with my two children and never have I been so disturbed by what goes on there. The late night traffic in and out of a few rooms cause major noise and concerns because people seem to come and go quickly and frequently. There are "strange" men hanging around the parking lot at all hours. I have had to call the police once on a physical domestic disturbance under me. People constantly hanging around the walkways and looking in cars.
I would have left the first night, but they manage to get you to pay a month at a time to get a discount. Since I can not afford to leave I have purchased a fire arm and carry it from my car to the room and keep it accessible in the room.
PLEASE for your safety if you have children, STAY AWAY

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Madill
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2009

It's an okay place to stay for someone that smokes. We stayed there for two nights and we didn't run into any problems, noise wise. It's a nice place to stay and for what we payed, I was okay with it. The only problem we had was the smell. We asked for non-smoking, well, the room smelled like a cigar was living in there. Horrible!!! We had to go to Wal-Mart and buy an Automatic Spray Air Wick freshener and a Febreze spray. I sprayed everything down and had the automatic spray freshener set for every 9 minutes. Their office can be very misleading. When we first drove up to the place, which was not hard to find and at a nice neighborhood. Everywhere we went was withing less than 20 minutes. Anyway, when we first drove up to the hotel and went into their office to check in, their office was very clean and nice. And it even smelled really good and fresh. The staff was very nice and got us in and out. Well, as soon as we walked into our room, bam!!!! You could not miss the SMOKEY smell. I have bad allergies so I'm sure that the rooms next door to us could hear me cough like crazy. I sounded like I was shocking, honestly! Like I said, it was a nice place to stay for what we paid, but the smell is the only thing that ruined everything. So if you don't mind the smokey smell or you are a smoker, than this is your place to stay. I don't recommend you bringing your children here if their health matters to you.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
fort worth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2009

I had a wonderful stay at the Crossland Studios ! The room was great, everything worked and it was one of my better experiences in a hotel. Everyone was friendly and helpful. They really went the extra mile for me. We ran late one morning and had not paid to extend for another day which can cause serious problems at other places, well the staff didn't even blink and everything was just as we left it upon our return.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
maine
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2008

it was clean when i got there. i did have to wait outside for security reasons until someone came and buzzed me in, it was late when i got there.

but it had a kitchenet, nice new bathroom with a new wood floor.

bed not very comfortable. they didnt come in and give me towels and tidy the room while i was gone at all. but im not messy so it wasnt a problem. plenty of parking.

not fancy by any means but will definatly do

• Liked — the bathroom
  • Disliked — i have a huge fear of bugs, just seemed like the kind of place that would have them- didnt see any at all though
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
SoCal
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2007

DO NOT STAY HERE!!! This is the worst hotel I have ever been to. If you like quality prison living, this is the place for you. It is about the size of a prison cell and smell's like a bar (very smokey). If you value your health at all, avoid at all costs. there are many other hotels surrounding this area, so go there. While dining in town, I told the waiter where I was staying and he told me the Police do raids there for drug users and dealers all the time. GREAT!!! Please take my advice and save your money. Sleeping in a car would have been safer and cleaner.

• Liked — The crackheads standing on the corner begging for money!
  • Disliked — See above.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Worth
Extended Stay America - Fort Worth - Fossil Creek
Quality Inn Fort Worth
Quality Inn Fort Worth
#87 of 110 in Fort Worth

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Fort Worth - Fossil Creek? Share your experiences!