Crossland Economy Studios - Fort Worth - Fossil Creek
Ranked #95 of 114 Hotels in Fort Worth
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Stayed here as a last minute change for the stock show. Alittle nervous going in after reading the reviews..but it was actually sufficent for what I needed..a place to sleep and shower inbetween shows.

Front desk was very nice and inviting at check in.

Wi-Fi was alittle spotty, beds were alittle hard..but overall clean..

dont go in expecting the Hilton..this is a functional place for those on a budget.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
crs6086gm, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Fort Worth - Fossil Creek, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. Our hotel is committed to providing the best possible guest experience, and it is wonderful to read that such was the case for your visit. It is our goal to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable room for every guest, every time, which is why it is so rewarding to find that our staff was able to do so for you. We look forward to having you as our guest in the future when you have the need for accommodations not only in the Fort Worth area, but at all of our brand facilities across the nation.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

stayed here due to cost but would never stay again because of the quality and i expected them to have a hairdryer but didnt even have one to borrow , room looked like the door at one time had been broken into , it was clean for the most part just not desirable...

Room Tip: ask for NON handicap room!!!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MGPHAAS
bbrauss, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Fort Worth - Fossil Creek, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We are committed to providing every guest with outstanding accommodations, so I was pleased to read your remarks about your room. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. For that I am truly sorry.

I am eager to respond to your concerns regarding our hotel amenities. It is our mission to provide a clean, comfortable room at a great rate for business and leisure travelers. To that end, we don't put items like shampoo bottles, shower caps, or face lotions within a room prior to a guest's arrival. That's because although these things are perceived as being "free" at other hotels, you still end up paying for them in your nightly rate. I realize you needed a hairdryer and one wasn't available. Although we don't provide them in the rooms, one should have been avaiilable from the front desk. I am so sorry they had none when you needed it. I will ensure that the hotel has enough on hand going forward. Doing business this way allows us to continue to offer great rooms at exceptional rates. I am truly sorry that we were unable to communicate our offering effectively to you before you arrived.

Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

Great staff, they know most people by name! It helps to feel more at home, they always do their best to make you feel great! They always accommodate to my preferences. Rooms are always clean maintained and very well kept!

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Avillalobos255
bbrauss, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Fort Worth - Fossil Creek, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location

Reviewed November 6, 2012

This hotel is awesome. They say you get what you pay for, but in this case, it's not true. The rooms were comfortable, VERY clean, and everything was ready for us when we arrived. They had our rooms ready and we were able to check in at 10am rather than 3pm. Darla and Samantha were VERY helpful. A situation happened with a couple of pranksers and flooded out the room. They gave us money to use the laundry facility and during NASCAR weekend were able to assist us in getting 2 more rooms. The staff is very friendly. It's about a $20 dollar cab ride to the stockyards, and shuttle service is not available...But even with the $40 round trip taxi, it's cheaper than staying at a hotel with shuttle service. The area is surrounded by hotels, and you are within walking distance (200-300yds) from Redneck Heaven, Roadhouse, and IHOP, and you're a stone's throw away from Waffle House. I won't stay anywhere else in Fort Worth as long as Ms. Darla is the manager. She runs a tight shop. The staff doesn't just come in and make the donuts. They take pride in their hotel and will do anything within their power to ensure the guests have a 5 star experience.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank afhick
bbrauss, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Fort Worth - Fossil Creek, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Reviewed October 13, 2012

From the very beginning I felt welcome and taken care of. The manager checked me in on her birthday with a million things going on in the office and never missed a step.
Every night I have extended she has greeted me with a smile and by name. I will not be staying anywhere else from mow on when I come to Fossil Creek. ;)

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank ButterCups2002
bbrauss, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Fort Worth - Fossil Creek, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

"Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

After a hotwire mistake at another establishment, I decided to try this property since it was right next door. I was a bit skeptical because it was super cheap, but the outside appearance made me feel a bit better. The check in was smooth and fast. However, once I entered my room I instantly turned back around to check out. The room was small ann uncleanly. Definitely looked like an environment for "working" ladies. Definitely not a place I felt comfortable putting my things down, less known sleeping in.

Room Tip: If you can afford to, opt to stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed September 25, 2012

My wife and I arrived was greated ny a friendly receptionist Christy, Went up to our room and unpacked and set up for my 2 month stay. After unpacking left for walmart for lysol and cleaning supplies, had to clean the mildew and nastiness in the bathroom. We purchased a non smoking room and found the sheets, towels and linens all smelled of cigarette smoke. Looked under the bed and there was bottle caps, mouse sticky traps and 3 empty water bottles and an old sock. After we cleaned, mainly because this is a work paid hotel," Cheap". Week 1 the ESPN channel stopped working hotel staff said its a dish network thing requiring it to be a paid channel because of football season, No race no football. But at the same time we got espn U, Classic and 2. Week 2 we lost espn 2, espn classic, espn news, tbs,tnt, usa and both showtime channels and cnn. leaving us with: PBS,ABC, NBC,CBS,FOX, ESPNU, Oxygen, TWC, disc, Cartoon network, fox news,. The manager Darla said they are paid channels and they werent paying for them. The TV only has a staight cable connection with no options to hook any gaming or dvd player to it. The bed you can feel the springs under the sheets also. Do to the clientel that stays here I recommend one of the others near by. Pay extra money for comfort a pool, tv channels, bring a hot plate and cooking utensils you will be much happier.

Room Tip: Super 8, Motel 6, or any of the other suites in the area.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Fort Worth - Fossil Creek, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

I recently received a copy of your review of the Crossland Fort Worth - Fossil Creek. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

As this hotel’s manager, I challenge our staff to continually improve the experience of our guests, from the cleanliness of our rooms, to the courteous professionalism of our staff. Unfortunately, in your situation, it is clear that we were unsuccessful in achieving these goals. I am sorry our room was not up to Crossland cleanliness standards and you were not pleased with our amenities. Your review has caused us to take a serious look at the systems we have in place to handle our day to day operations and we will be making modifications as appropriate.

Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one. I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.