“Crummy "Marriott" Experience”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Worth/Fossil Creek
Ranked #49 of 113 Hotels in Fort Worth
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Unfortunately the stay was very poor:
-There had obviously been a smoker in the bathroom and it smelled horrible
-The décor and furniture were old and dated
-The lobby was old and dated
-There were drunks in the parking lot at 3am who were very loud and rowdy
-There was one flimsy blanket on the bed and I had to call for an extra blanket
-The hotel is so close to the interstate that the noise was terrible. They need additional soundproofing.

All in all…..a poor experience and I won’t be back to stay at this hotel.

They are touting their upcoming renovation later this year. I would hold off until the work is done.

Room Tip: As far away from the highway as you can get.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Gilcrease, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Worth/Fossil Creek, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Thank you for staying and for your review.

We value all comments we receive as this way we can better our services. I am sorry that you left feeling disappointed. I have written to you so that I can ascertain your details and hopefully we can convince you to return so that you can experience Fairfield Inn & Suites Fossil Creek at its best.

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Worth/Fossil Creek

Reviewed January 28, 2013

At $100 a night, this hotel is not worth it. When trying to book this hotel online, I wound up calling the 800 for Fairfield Inn for further assistance. Online and on the phone, I was told this property had an airport shuttle. Then when I contacted the hotel directly to set that up, there was not an airport shuttle - only a local shuttle. You have to pay additional amount to be driven to the airport.

The reservation was already made, and rooms were not easy to come by due to something going on in Ft.Worth. So, I shelled out the extra $64 for the shuttle to and from the airport.

Upon arriving, the desk personnel was ill tempered, grumpy, and not very apologetic about the fact that the website and 800 number lied about the airport shuttle. Also, because I needed to leave a vehicle on the premises for a few days, and I checked ahead with the 800 number, I advised the front desk clerk of that when I checked in. She was not aware of the form I needed to fill out, and just had me write my information on a piece of paper - like that gives me any confidence. After finalizing my check in, the front desk clerk was so rude, she put me in a room on the first floor, and didn't even bother pointing which way it was. When I asked her if she could point me in the right direction, she seemed like it was extra effort to point down the hall, and rudely say, "It's that way." I will just assume all Texans are like that, and chalk it up hating that you are not from another state.

Once in the room, I immediately noticed 2 double beds, when my reservation was made for a king bed. I will only be here for a few short hours, so I am not going to cause a scene over that - saves me from having to talk to the grumpy front desk woman again, too.

The room was okay. Nothing near worth $100. Maybe $50 or $60, but not over that. The carpeting is definitely old and in need of replacement, the caulk in the bathroom could definitely be replaced, linens are old, and the soft plush towels offered on the website are no where to be seen. The furniture needs to be cleaned, as the desk and chair had some unknown sticky substance on it that I had to wash off before I could use it. I shudder to think what it was.

If you need a place for one night, and just a few hours, and don't mind over paying for the Fairfield name, you would be okay here. If you want value, some sense of luxury, and want what you pay for, go somewhere else.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Gilcrease, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Worth/Fossil Creek, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Thank you for staying and for your review.

We will be undergoing a renovation this summer, and would love the opportunity to show you how wonderful it will be!

Kindest regards,

Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Bathroom was a mess. Linens are old and beyond useable. Sink is cracked with something growing in cracks. No insulation. Noise from upper floor all night. Breakfast sucks. Ran out at 8:00. Stay far away as possible.

• Stayed: January 2013
Gilcrease, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Worth/Fossil Creek, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Kindest regards,

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Disappointing. On plus side, pretty good location. But it's not much more than a glorified motel. You're greeted by a group of smokers congregating in front of entrance. Rooms in desperate need of updating. Off highway so hear traffic. I asked for quiet room. They put me above parking lot; perhaps that's quietest. Gym had no weights. I didn't pay $60 others mention in reviews; that's probably what worth, no more.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Gilcrease, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Worth/Fossil Creek, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Thank you for staying and for your review.

We will be receiving a full renovation this year, so please return to see our fabulous new look later this year!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great location in fossil creek. Road construction abounds. Not may local food offerings, but enough. Check in painless and I appreciated the Marriott gold elite acknowledgement and upgrade to a nicer room. For a Fairfield inn, this one is well managed and delivers value at the $60/night range. Breakfast service was a bit better than other Fairfields. One semi-grumpy hostess/associate did not dampen my mood. Little touches, like the weekly guest dinner/snack and beer evening, popcorn, email asking if I had any special requests, and genuinely pleasant associates made this visit a success. The property is showing some wear and tear, but a face life is coming soon. If you want good, basic, safe, clean, and budget friendly accomodations, this is a good bet.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank richarddavis2020

What a delightful review!

Thank you for taking the time to post this, I am glad the team has lived up to your expectations, and we all look forward to welcoming you again, hopefully soon!

Kindest Regards

Reviewed January 11, 2013

I had a very nice stay at the fairfield Inn at fossil Creek in Ft Worth. You definitely should call and get directions other than 820 because there is a lot of construction going on. Very friendly front desk staff and always manned. They gave me suggestions for local restaurants and their reviews were spot on. Pool jacuzzi area was kept very clean and tidy. I stayed for a week and felt at home. Double queen room was very roomy and had everything I needed.

Room Tip: call for exact directions, lots of construction
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mmmorgan
Gilcrease, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Worth/Fossil Creek, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

We love having you to stay as often as you do! It is our aim to ensure that your next stay is even better than the last. We truly appreciate your loyalty as we do know that you have a choice. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Kindest Regards!

Reviewed December 17, 2012

I have never came across the exceptional service that my husband and myself received from your staff. The General Manager Melissa was a blessing.

Mary was always there with a cheerful smile and always welcomed us each morning on our way out the door and when we returned. Louise was a big help with information on ways around construction to the places we wanted to frequent.

Mike was a blessing on many occasions with helping me with the door when my hands were full and always a smile.
I enjoyed the managers reception, what a way to let the guest know that you are there for them and see them as family. The manager and I do wish I remembered her name . I am so sorry that I can't . However, she took time to come over and talk to me in person and what a delightful person.

I would like to have heard about the Fairfield company and how delightful it is to work for, as I saw all your employees show company pride. The general areas lady that did the lobby's and dining area was so prideful in her duties.

Mary and Mike went beyond the call of duty to help me when I needed one extra day.

I will always from this point forward stay at Fairfield when I go on my 2 trips each year to Texas and when I travel to any other state in my travels.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 3rd floor and never heard any noise. I would suggest it for couples.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Gilcrease, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Worth/Fossil Creek, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

What a delightful review!

Kindest Regards