“Great Pl;ace to stay on 287-S/ Fossil Creek Area”

Hilton Garden Inn Fort Worth/Fossil Creek
Ranked #29 of 111 Hotels in Fort Worth
“Great Pl;ace to stay on 287-S/ Fossil Creek Area”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

While traveling north in September, we chose to stay here and for an excellent rate and a nice kingsize room. Before we checked out we made reservations for our return trip. Rates were higher, but we chose kingsize bed again.When we arrived our original room was already occupied. Met the General Manager David Weston and he was very cordial along with the young staff person on duty. They were most helpful in securing a really nice king room for us. Slept well on their special bed, room was clean and an enjoyable night. Kudos to David and Hilton Garden Inn at Fossil Creek, exit 56A Meachum Blvd, I think.

Room Tip: Ask for even number room if you like quietness. I like odd number rooms because I like to be able to...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Joseph T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fort Worth/Fossil Creek, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Msroadster,

I can't tell you how wonderful it was to read such a positive review! Be certain that I will post this in the break room for all of our team members to read! The team works endlessly day after day to provide the best service we can to all of our guests so when we see comments like yours it fills us with pride to know that our goal to create memorable and comfortable stays was accomplished!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed October 2, 2013

As a rule Hilton Garden Inn's are a pretty safe bet. There are exceptions to every rule.

I am a Diamond Level frequent guest at Hilton (The highest level of frequent guest) which should count for something, right? Apparently not.

I booked my room on line requesting only a quiet room on a high floor away from the highway. Long story short: If my room were any closer to the highway, I would have woke up with tire tracks on my back. Why is such a simple request so difficult to accomodate? Room was dated and very noisy. It took nealy ten minutes(!) for the water to heat up in the shower at 5:00 in the morning! The final blow was getting back to my room at 4:45 pm to find my room still had not been serviced! What a disappointment!

In spite of other reviews of this hotel, I found the staff (including the manager) to be apathetic and off in their own little world.

Room Tip: Maybe stay at another hotel?
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank WireMaster
Joseph T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fort Worth/Fossil Creek, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear WireMaster,

I would like to apologize for your poor experience at our hotel. I understand and share your concerns when it comes to accommodating our Hilton Honors members. Under standard circumstances we would be able to accommodate special requests. Unfortunately we were sold out and we were not able to accommodate your request for a room on the other side of the hotel due to no other rooms being available.

Our hotel just completed a full renovation with all new furniture and I would like to apologize that the furnishings seemed dated and I will pass on this information to our renovation team.

I will also get with my housekeeping team to ensure they are able to clean all in house guests by a reasonable time so that this will not happen again.

Please feel free to contact me directly the next time you are in the area so that I can ensure you have the best stay possible.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I have been frequenting this place for 10 years and have seen the decline and re-building or remodeling of this place. It is a bit over priced for the area, but newer hotels are being built nearby. The service used to be bad, but a new group recently purchased this place.They were smart enough to keep the good employees. Its the facility that was always a concern. Since the remodeling, it looks fantastic. The odd thing is that the second and third floors are not level, as this facility is almost 16 years old. You can see this remodeled room looking good, then the cabinet sits crooked as the floor is warped. You also feel the floor deflect or bounce when someone is walking down the hall. All of the facilities are very much up to the Hilton standard, but this floor thing makes me nervous when I stay there. It may be a safety concern later.?

Room Tip: Ask for the bottom floor at either end of the building!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear lkeamillion,

I would like to thank you for your feedback and I understand your concerns 100%. I am glad you have noticed our improvements of service as our award winning staff is consistently working hard to ensure we exceed all of our guest's expectations. I can assure you that the hotel is structurally sound and 100% safe. With that said in 2014 we will be going back through our floors to ensure that all floors are level so that all guest have the same perception.

Along with most complete renovations, there are a few things to be ironed out and we are in the process of finalizing all the details of the hotel.

I look forward to seeing you again in the future and thank you for your feedback.

Lubbock, Texas, United States
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I will be staying here on my next visit to the Ft Worth area. The staff was very nice and they were very considerate. Everyone was courteous and friendly. The manager called me to tell me that he found my cell phone . He even offered to mail it back to me.

Room Tip: The king size bed is very comfortable.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear James H

Thank you for staying with us and I am glad to see we exceeded your expectations during your stay. I am glad that I was able to assist you in returning your cell phone as soon as possible. I know how important cell phones are, and I would be lost without mine. It was my pleasure to assist you and please let me know the next time you are in town so that we can ensure you have an equally perfect stay.

Ocala
Reviewed September 26, 2013

This is a clean hotel with excellent staff. We had some trouble because there are renovations in progress. We were locked in our room because of a faulty door. The construction was noisy and the hall on our floor smelled like paint thinner. The manager stopped the construction at 8pm Sunday night after we complained and went out of his way to make our stay great. Once the renovations are finished it should be an excellent place to stay because the staff is fantastic and the rooms are clean and comfortable.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear SonjaOcala

Thank you for your feedback and I understand your frustrations about our renovations. The lock has been taken care of and the re painting of our doors on the 3rd floor has been completed. There is never a good time to complete renovations and I appreciate your understanding during the completion of the renovations. I am glad I was able to assist you and I look forward to having you back at our property again in the future.

Big Spring, United States
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Breakfast is too pricy and not hot enough but overall 4 stars. I for one do not like Starbucks coffee is is the worst coffee I have ever had the missfortune to cross my lips. Cleen rooms, staff is excellent and very professional.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Paul Fred C,

Thank you for your feedback, and I am happy to see that our staff was able to exceed your expectations. We have a new Food & Beverage Manager and he is working very hard to ensure the quality of breakfast is a leader in the area. The next time you are in the area please let me know I will make arrangements to brew a side pot of coffee for you in one of our new Kurieg in room coffee makers.

Thank you once again for staying with us.

Thomas, Oklahoma
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I stayed there on 8/30/3013, I know that Hilton Garden Inns aren't quite as fancy as Hilton's, however I expected a few bells and whistles. I didn't try the food so I can't comment on that. The front desk staff was helpful and nice. The only problem I had was in the room there was a pink stain on the wall behind the door from ceiling to floor, not sure what it was but didn't expect it to be there. There was also some styrofoam looking stuff on the couch and floor, I don't know it they got some new decor and it was from the packaging or what it was exactly but again didn't expect to find it in my room. We got a king suite, don't waste your money just get a regular room. There is nothing special about their suites, just more room.

Room Tip: Don't waste money on a suite.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dan O
Dear Dan O,

Thank you for your feed back as we use this in making improvements to our hotel and to our service. The pink stain has been addressed and corrected and the A/C unit was replaced which was the cause of the Styrofoam pieces being blown into the room. Please let me know the next time you are in the area and I will be sure to ensure you have a perfect stay including the best room available for the day as a thank you for returning to our property.

Thank you once again for your feedback,