WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Home away from Home” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth (I-20)

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth (I-20)
Ranked #65 of 108 Hotels in Fort Worth
Longwood, Florida
“Home away from Home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

I have read reviews by other travelers regarding this hotel, and I must tell you that I have been
visiting the Dallas Fort Worth area for the past 8 plus years, I have stayed at this hotel for the past five plus years, and have never been disappointed. The staff has always been attentive to any and every request I had. I have never had to wait for a room longer than 10 minutes if that long. I expect that a room is clean, that the air, wi fi, and television are in working order. I have never been disappointed at this hotel. I will continue to give them my business. When you are called by your name even after 6 months since your last visit, that is impressive. My deepest thanks to the management and staff at this Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth (1-20 )

Room Tip: All rooms are great, see if you can get upgraded to a suite, they rock :)
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Abbey W, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth (I-20), responded to this review, November 15, 2012
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for the feedback! It is wonderful to hear from our valued repeat customers, and we appreciate your continued patronage. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Regards,
Abbey Wilson
Holiday Inn Express & Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Newport Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

I travel quite a bit and pretty much spend my year at hotels. At this particular location, I pretty much spent the month there. All this for business. If I am in an area, I try to create somewhat of a home base, so having a friendly, professional, knowledgeable, and engaging staff is quite important to me. They definitely made me feel at ease with where I was staying, as well as, give me a sense of having a home away from home. Friendly faces that welcomed me and chatted with me as not just a guest, but as one would do with their group of friends. A standout was the front desk girl, Abbey... Always with a smile and ready to help... The hotel room was always clean, so kudos to the cleaning staff . Alongside all that the staff made the long hotel stay enjoyable, even so much I did not want to leave to go on my further travels. I will always use this location when I am in town.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the front of the hotel have a little nicer view of the area. The ones facing the re...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Abbey W, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth (I-20), responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback! We are so glad that you decided to spend your extended time in Fort Worth with us, and even more pleased that you felt at home! We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Las Cruces, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on our way to NY. This was a last minute decision since we were very tired and needed a place to stay. Rooms were clean and comfortable and we were treated with great customer service. The rooms were clean and breakfast was not bad. The cinnamon rolls were great with coffee. There was a selection of fruit which we found great to have choices.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Araceli O
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

This is our second stay here and overall this hotel is very nice. Large clean rooms and good breakfast. However, wishing to relax after a long day of travel we were horrified by the number of black crickets swimming around the pool - about twenty. There was also so much dirt floating on top of the water along with leaves and cigarette butts. We promptly informed the front desk so it will be interesting to see how quickly they fix this problem. I am not sure for this reason that we would stay here again.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank rhdavis
Kingston, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012

This Hotel is central to the Texas Harris Methodist Hospital and this section of Fort Worth Shopping district. Next Door is an I HOP great breakfasts, and next to A really good Steak house.

Do really shop the rate you pay, it can vary from $92 to over $200 for the same room.
It is corporate managed Hotel so the rates are set at head office.
The staff are really nice, they have a decent free breakfast as well.
Wouls stay there again.

Room Tip: I just dropped in an negotiated at the counter. I would book ahead on line next time to maximise the...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank joebloggins13
Granville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2012

We stayed at this hotel the first week of May, Thursday and Friday. Everything was all right, except that the pricing was confusing. I signed in at what I thought was $153 per night. We decided that that was too much for 4 nights, so we checked out on Sunday morning. The bill came to $310.50, but I saw that the second night was billed at $117. The rest was city and state tax. I assumed that every night was going to be $153. I understand now that this was spelled out in the fine print of the paper I signed.
Well, it seems to me that if the other nights after the first one were going to be less, the desk agent would have pointed that out, so as to keep us there.
Fine room, excellent beds (maybe 2 queens were too much for the space). Location is off I-20, but walking anywhere is difficult as there are few sidewalks out here.
I was also told the the $153 was a special rate. Holiday Inn is too rich for my blood.

Room Tip: Get a price on a room for every night you will be there.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Michael E
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth (I-20), responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Dear Michael E,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am pleased that you found our rooms to be excellent. We always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I am sorry you were not properly informed about the rate changes during your stay. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2012

Property and location was excellent. When we checked in we were asked for a card for "incidentals:" We gave them our debit card not thinking about it.. knowing we wouldn't charge anything here. The next day our card was declined because Holiday Inn charged a 250.00 hold on the card. When I called to ask them to release it they told me it was standard operating procedure because we booked our hotel (prepaid) with a 3rd party (hotels.com).

They wouldn't release it until we checked out and then it took two days for the money to show up in our account. 250.00 that we had planned on spending on tourism in Dallas. I will not book another HI Express because of this. I shouldn't be penalized for prepaying through another website. What am I going to do go and pawn the TV and the clock radio for cash?

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth (I-20), responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Brian L,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback.

IHG, along with most other major hotel companies, utilizes credit and debit card authorizations as a standard practice. An authorization hold amount, in some situations, may be up to the total amount of your room and tax charges for your entire stay, including incidentals.

The issuing bank/credit card company governs the release of an authorization hold, and the release time varies according to each company's individual policies. Some banks recommend against the use of a debit card for travel purposes, as this practice is common within the travel industry.

Ben J