“ripped off as well”

Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Fort Worth
Ranked #32 of 114 Hotels in Fort Worth
Reviewed October 3, 2013

My father had emergency surgery - I called the hotel to cancel my reservation, knowing it was not refundable. I had reserved with priority points and $40 charged to my credit card. Hotel charged me another $125 as a no show.
Had a Phone conversation with manage after I received my credit card bill - it did not go well. I felt since I was courteous in letting the hotel know I was unable to keep this reservation, they should have told me they were going to charge me an additional $125.
Priority club refunded my $40 as a good will gesture. I thought Holiday Inn would not allow the manager to charge me an additional $125 - I was wrong.
That's OK - next time I need a hotel room, I won't be staying at ANY Holiday Inn and my Priority Card has been cut up and thrown away.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank achristie
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Fort Worth, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear achristie,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. We aim to provide the best possible guest experience and it is always nice to know from our guests on how we are doing. I am sincerely sorry that we weren't able to deliver based on your expectations. Please be assured that your feedback has been noted and will be used accordingly to enhance our efforts.

Again, we appreciate your review and we are sincerely sorry for the shortcomings.

Regards,

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed one night at this hotel at the end of August 2013 and were delighted! Wonderfully comfortable bed; friendly, efficient staff; splendid hot breakfast; free Internet in room and lobby, free newspaper; everything is new; very reasonable price; near I-30 in Ft Worth. Can't say enough good things about this place!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank GardenFanGeorgia
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This hotel wasn't the Holiday Inn Express Hurst my sister and I were looking for. We stayed there the previous year after a road trip from GA and it's the best hotel ever!

The front desk staff was very nice and very helpful in finding a place to order pizza at a late hour on a Thursday. I must say the actually sold us on the property.

As for the rooms they are very clean and very spacious. The overall appearance of the hotel is very good.

However the only negative to the location is the actual location. I wanted to get something to drink and being 10 pm on a Thursday, you would think there would be more locations available, however there weren't any around. Thank goodness for GPS

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Madridista078
Reviewed May 13, 2013

After a long day of travel and work I could not ask for more, when I arrived to the hotel I was greeted by a very friendly clerk that had my room key ready so I could go to my room and rest. When I got to the room it was a very spacious suite with 2 beds and a sofa sleeper (I really needed 1 bed but the extra room was fantastic and let me thinking about bringing my family on our next trip). I could not believe the cleanliness of the room and the bathroom overall. Next morning after getting a hot shower went down to have breakfast and I was delighted with all the options available, from cereal and milk to sausage patties and cheese omelettes, the breakfast lady was also very nice in asking me if I needed something else (like if I could ask for more). After breakfast I was ready to continue with my busy day and just had to say far well at the front desk since the bill was zeroed out and sent to my room already. All in all a great experience and I am already telling my boss to send anybody coming to this fort worth area to stay at this great hotel. Keep up the good work and service!

Room Tip: A King bed will surely be enough for 1 person or a couple but the 2 queen bed suite with a sofa slee...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Vivian M
Reviewed May 13, 2013

All was as I expected. Quick easy check-in. Quiet room as requested. Chocolate Chip cookies put out for consumption about 4:30 (and they were good).
The room was large. It was not well designed (you could not open the door to the room unless the bathroom door was shut and the entry way was so narrow, it was difficult to use the baggage cart, but somehow we managed.
I thought the bed was very comfortable and the towels were awesome. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Lstew55
Reviewed May 6, 2013

The hotel was recently renovated, where the rooms are very spacious and were present the bed, a sofa with a coffee table and a desk. They are equipped with satellite TV, air conditioner, microwave and refrigerator.
The cleaning of the rooms is good, even if the carpet is not the best hygiene. The cleanliness of the bathroom is decent and the hot had several stains.
Breakfast is served on the ground floor, is buffet style and offers a choice quite varied.
It 'also has a gym, minimum size, so if you use it for a while you have a little' of claustrophobia.
My stay was in winter, so I couldn't use the swimming pool, located outdoors on the back of the hotel.
Only note on the hotel staff. Alternated several people at the reception and not all have been educated and available.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank glenphy
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Fort Worth, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Dear glenphy,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding cleanliness and breakfast.

However, We’re sorry you received poor customer service which was unacceptable. We will address this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed February 19, 2013

I have stayed at quite a few hotels in this area. They have all been helpful and friendly. I think this hotel surprised me. It is older and off 30 just a bit more. I wasn't sure how well maintained it would be. They have done a very nice job of remodeling and maintaining this hotel. Do not be worried at all. It is nice and quite, and they go out of their way to supply a plentiful breakfast, even when just a few guests are staying there. The rooms were clean, the beds comfortable, and the staff helpful.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family