“A bit fancy”

Radisson Hotel Ft Worth - Fossil Creek
Ranked #16 of 115 Hotels in Fort Worth
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

The entire hotel seemed a fit on the fancier side. However my room must have been the "budget" room. It was lacking. The wallpaper was tacky, the carpet by far was the worst. Bed was nice. Just seemed like it was lacking the finish details that the rest of the hotel seemed to have. There were done nice touches to the room such as the mints on the bed, bottle of water... The room did not have a luggage rack. What hotel doesn't have a luggage rack? The biggest dumps have luggage racks!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Rick H, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Ft Worth - Fossil Creek, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Thanks so much for the review. I want to assure you that we take all feedback very seriously and so I have shared your review with my entire management team. I do hope to see you back at the Radisson soon!!!

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Had called and made reservations month in advance. Got there at 2pm and was told no clean rooms. Came back at 6pm and was given a room however I had reserved a room with two double beds and ended up in a king room. There was 3 of us. So went back downstairs to let them know my reservation was for dbl beds and they had none available. Ended up with a king and a sleep couch. Not happy. Then come morning went to go eat breakfast and was told had to pay our reservation didn't get breakfast tickets. So needless to say we didn't eat. Asked the front desk and they told us it depends on the type of reservation you book whether you receive breakfast tickets. Needless to say highly pissed off. Only good thing about this hotel was the shuttle. Omar was polite and very entertaining. Didn't have to drive to Billy Bobs and was able to enjoy our night out.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Andijoanch
Rick H, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Ft Worth - Fossil Creek, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Hello and Thank You for taking time out to let us know about your recent stay. I appreciate the kind comments about Omar; he is one of our best associates. I do apologize for the room type confusion. The last two weekends in our hotel have had numerous double occupancy groups and we have been challenged in getting the rooms turned over and cleaned on weekends. Not sure if your room rate came with breakfast but I sure will look into that.

To all reading this, never hesitate to contact the General Manager fi things are not going right at check in. While our normal check in time is 3:00pm, we can often work with our housekeeping department to get certain rooms clean.

Again, I am so sorry that we let you down on the room type but do hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

This is an old property and is not in a very good part of town. They have renovated the lobby so that looks very inviting but it’s deceiving. Check-in is at 3:00pm, however when I arrived they did not have any rooms ready yet and did not get a room until an hour later. The staff was not rude but it was evident that they didn’t care at all about anything.
The room was extremely small, just about two feet from the end of the bed to the desk and TV, very cramped. The room smelt very musty, the curtains had holes in them, mold on the ceiling in the bathroom, the veneer on the mirror was peeling off and the air conditioner was very load and rattled every time it came on. The walls were very thin could actual hear our neighbor peeing next door and you heard every noise made around you. The fire alarm system went off at 1:30am and kept going off periodically until around 4:00am. The bed was hard as a rock so even without all the distractions there’s no way we would have had a good night’s sleep anyway.
Definitely was not worth the money and not up to the standards of other Radisson’s I have stayed at.

Room Tip: There’s a new Holiday Inn across the street from this hotel and I wish I had stayed there.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Donna R
Rick H, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Ft Worth - Fossil Creek, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

I want to thank you for writing your review and I want you to know that have personally looked into each and every one of your concerns from staff professionalism and room conditions to the fire alarm incident. I have placed the room you were in out of order for a thorough preventive maintenance. You were correct, the drapes in that room had been damaged and not reported. They will be replaced. I have used your review as a reminder to my usually very pleasant staff, that we need to exhibit "Grace under pressure" and I know this was a very bust time for our hotel. As far as the fire alarm, a sports team prankster pulled the alarm. We responded as quickly as possible but did have to follow life safety protocol, quickly determining weather there a real emergency or false alarm. Our overall scores for guest satisfaction do indicate that this was not a typical experience at our hotel and I would welcome a chance to "redeem" ourselves if you will contact me personally before your next trip to Fort Worth. I am truly sorry that this stay was not up to your, or my expectations.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Customer service is the highlight of this great hotel. They treat everyone well and will fix any issue. My bed was cozy. My room was clean. The bathroom amenities are quite good. The shower had good water pressure. The big TV with plenty of channels was nice. The staff was friendly. I will say it's time to invest in some modernizing i.e. the atrium, the room carpet, bathroom tile and room phones. Breakfast room service was 35 minutes late and the sides of fruit and toast were missing. This was minor enough to me though that I didn't mention it. Overall I was pleased and will be back.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Rick H, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Ft Worth - Fossil Creek, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Hello and thanks for the review! I appreciate the feedback and will certainly mention the room service issues to my food and beverage manager. Please know that if there are ever any inconsistencies in our food service, you do not have to pay for it. That is our policy. Again, thanks for your kind words about our hotel and staff. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

We needed a place to rest our head for the night while traveling from Colorado to Houston. The lobby seemed nice. We made the long trek down the hallway to our room. It was very outdated and the bathroom floor appeared dirty, all of which i could have dealt with bc, like i said, our stay was short. What I could not tolerate was the very loud grinding noise on the other side of the wall that went off repeatedly (every couple of minutes)....it was the elevator! The whole room vibrated! It would have been nice to have been told about this. Not a way to treat your guests! As if this hearing the elevator noise the entire night were not bad enough, I awoke to make a cup of coffee. The paper cups were not individually wrapped and I found a hair in one of them! I could not leave this hotel fast enough!

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank Txtraveler2anywhere

I am so sorry that you had such a bad experience with being in a room by the elevator. Unfortunately, due to the nature of our hotel, there are rooms near elevators. If that ever happens again, I am certain our front desk team could and would move you to a more suitable room. Our hotel gets a lot of positive feedback on it's cleanliness but a hair in a coffee cup is just not acceptable. I am so sorry about that incident. We take this kind of feedback very seriously and I will be speaking with my Executive Housekeeper about this. I do hope you will re-consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

My 2 boys and I stayed here a few weeks ago. The room was clean. The staff was friendly. The indoor pool was WARM-AWESOME! We are from West Texas and stayed here while visiting my parents in Azle. There is a McDonalds across the street that we walked to for breakfast. They have a nice bar and I told my husband about everything and we are thinking about returning as a couple. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Rick H, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Ft Worth - Fossil Creek, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Thank you so much for the great review. I do hope you will come back to see us again real soon. Happy New Year to you and yours!!

Reviewed December 26, 2013

I accompanied my son on a college visit. We picked this facility for its proximity to restaurants, access to highways and distance from airport. The facility was very clean, well maintained, offered a lounge, bar, restaurant (on-site), indoor pool, spa and gift shop. The staff were very personable and friendly.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Ian G, Director of Sales at Radisson Hotel Ft Worth - Fossil Creek, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Thank you for your kind words regarding the hotel and staff. We try very hard to provide the best facilities and service possible to our guests. It's nice to see our hard work paying off with satisfied customers. We look forward to seeing you again the next time your in the Fort Worth area. Happy New Year!