“Descent Hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Wichita Falls, Texas
“Descent Hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

This Hotel wasn’t bad especially considering the price through PriceLine.
The good nice helpful staff and room was clean.
The bad,
Hotel was very dated and looked well used without much quality maintenance taking place. Our room had water damage on bathroom door, shelf’s in shower were installed un-level, there were bare wire hanging out from under the A/C unit looked to be an old telephone line. The Mattress was hard as a rock. There was a musty smell in hallways.

No complimentary breakfast.

Overall a descent hotel, but I feel this Hotel falls short of the 3 star rating it advertises to have.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Rick H, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Ft Worth - Fossil Creek, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
I appreciate the nice comments about our staff; we're known to have some of the best service in this area. On that room? Hmmmmmm.........I can assure you that I will attempt to find out what room you stayed in and address that thermostat wire and the hard bed. Sometimes when a Sleep Number bed is at one of it's highest settings, it can be like sleeping on an air mattress. Not saying that's the issue but I'm sure going to try to figure it out. Thanks so much for taking the time to write about your stay. I take all feedback very seriously.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Anaheim, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

OK - so I admit. I booked a room in the area under one of those mystery online things - where they don't tell you what hotel until your credit card has been zapped. I grew up in the area and watched this hotel go from hot spot to not so hot. I was a little disappointed when the confirmation came back from the bargain booking naming this hotel. But I was pleasantly surprised! The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. My room was clean and quiet. The bed was comfortable. The location is easy off/easy on the highway. Elevators are conveniently located. I didn't have the opportunity to try the restaurant, but it looked clean, well staffed and certainly busy. Not sure why folks tend to give this place such a bad rap. I think I would stay there again even if I didn't book it off a bargain site.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Well......Gee......Thanks! I think? Just kidding....I appreciate the great review and I'm with you; I think this hotel has been through a few different "phases" over the years but I assure you...we're doing well with our product and our service and we're proud to be one of the only full service hotels in our immediate area. I am so glad that you had a great stay with us and I sure hope you spread the word about your great stay at the Radisson Fossil Creek.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

Perhaps the best customer service I've ever had with any hotel. That's where this Radisson excels. If something is unsatisfactory, they will make it right. Comfy bed! I have stayed here twice and will stay again. The first time I was not in the Club Carlson program yet I was treated great. The second time I had Gold status and there were several more nice touches which made the stay even better.

Rooms can show slight signs of age; I believe the hotel was built in the 80s. Perfectly functional, though. The hotel has a popular nightclub near the front desk so at night it can be a little noisy and smoky there. Quiet rooms, however - I never heard my neighbors. This hotel deserves a better ranking here. I'll be back soon!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I want to thank you so much for the great review of our property!! You gave a fair assessment of our hotel and I am so glad you pointed out our wonderful staff. Cassidy's Night Club is usually hopping on Wednesday Country Night, Friday Ladies Night and Saturday Retro 70s & 80s Night. The club is off the lobby but completely opposite form the rooms tower. Great Fun and Very Safe!!! I sure hope to see you back at the Radisson Fossil Creek soon!!!!
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

My husband and I just stayed at this hotel and we took advantage of the "Romance package" it was an early anniversary present to ourselves and it was GREAT. Everyone from the front desk to the restaurant was very nice and helpful. I highly recommend the Radisson Hotel Ft Worth- Fossil Creek to everyone!!! Thanks again for making our stay AWESOME!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I want to take a moment to personally thank you for your great review of our property and staff. I know there are so many choices of hotels in our area and it's nice to know that my team is what stands out, making us the place to stay. I sure hope to see you back at the Radisson soon!!!
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

I stayed at this Hotel for (4) nights on a Business Trip. The staff was very professional & extremely friendly. Very nice room , clean , and great bed.
The food at the hotel was also excellent as well as service we received!
The Front desk staff went out of their way to make sure our visit there was perfect.
The price for Hotel rooms are excellent !!!!! The value you receive is outstanding!

Room Tip: I have been to this hotel many times and all rooms are excellent!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Margie W
Rick H, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Ft Worth - Fossil Creek, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
I want to thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel and staff. Our entire team has been working super hard to make sure that each and every guest who stays here gets an excellent room and excellent service. Can't wait to se you next time!!!
Gilroy, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

I was here from 8/15/2013-8/18 & very much disappointed. Day 1 I checked in about 4 pm, no problem until I got to the room. Went to the bathroom & noticed the sink wasn't draining. I picked up the hotel phone to let the front desk know the issue. Surprise, the phone doesn't work. Okay, go back downstairs to let them know the problem(s) sink & phone, they told me maintenance would take care of it. Long story short maintenance never took care of either the phone nor the sink.
On day two I woke up with a backache, probably from the extremely firm mattresses they have. I noticed everything in the room felt sticky like humid sticky. The air conditioner blew cold air which was nice, but their is not a single vent in the room nor a window to be cracked. I didn't bother going back to the front desk since they don't seem to care.
It's really unfortunate since I was their to visit with my daughter who recently moved to north Ft.Worth to attend college. I know I will be back visiting her many times & was hopeful to find a decent place to stay in the area. I guess I will continue searching. Honestly this place wasn't any better than a $40/night motel

There are 2 bright spots to this place:
1.Nice Lobby-doesn't do much good though if the rest is sub-par
2.Housekeeping did a great job daily even though I didn't ask for the room to be taken care of daily

Room Tip: Hopefully my experience was not the norm for the rest of the people who gamble on this place.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jay H
Carlson Hotels C, Specialist, Online Customer Support at Radisson Hotel Ft Worth - Fossil Creek, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Radisson standards. To discuss your stay further, please contact Corporate Customer Care at CCare@CarlsonRezidor.com.
Smithville, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

When I arrived at the front desk an hour earlier than check in time the front desk told me not a problem and set me up in a room in no time at all! Upon getting into my room 20 minutes later the phone rang and it was the front desk asking me if everything was to my satisfaction. The room was very clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. Everything I asked for I received in no time at all by a very friendly and eager staff! When I return for business in this area again I will definitely stay here! Thank you for a great experience!

Christy

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I want to personally thank you for your positive review of our hotel and staff! I can honestly say that I am proud to be the leader of our team of "service centric" associates. Don't hesitate to drop me an e-mail before your next stay so we can make sure that you get the VIP treatment you deserve!!!