“Common Areas - Great. Rooms... not so.”

Radisson Hotel Ft Worth - Fossil Creek
Ranked #15 of 114 Hotels in Fort Worth
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We stayed at this property this weekend for my High School Reunion. Check in was pretty good, they told us they were sold out for the night & therefore she may not be able to totally honor our request for a quiet room on a high floor. She gave us a room on the 3rd floor (away from the freeway) LOCATION - PERFECT. Room #333.The room was just ok. The carpet had stains on it in front of the sofa, walls were dingy, furniture was updated but a little ragged. The bathroom tub had a small amount of mold. We unpacked & headed down to help decorate for our reunion.

After talking to others that were staying at the hotel, I found out that they all had safes in their rooms (ours did not). I had reason to want a safe, so we went to the desk to see why ours didn't & what we could do to get one. A different clerk said all the safes are on the fourth floor.... so, he upgraded us to Buisness Class, saying this was a better room.

We went back to the original room, packed everything back up & moved to the other room. This room 404, was the same as the other room in size, except it had a "foyer" (which was totally usless). It was a corner room, facing the freeway (which I didn't want). Again, the room was dingy, on one of the lamps the piping around the bottom of the lampshade had come partially off. The bathroom was large & no mold in the tub area. Several of the curtains didn't work. Didn't matter, we were there for our reunion, not to look out the windows. (View out one window was of the roof below us, chimneystacks & walls).

We unpacked & went to open the safe. It was locked & I couldn't figure out how to open it. I read the instructions.... but it wouldn't work. So, I called the front desk, they said they'd send someone right away. I waited about thirty minutes, I had to go back downstairs to my reunion.... so, I called the front desk again... told them I "HAD" to leave the room & that no one had come yet. She said they'd just come in & open the safe if I was gone. I WANTED to leave my belongings in the safe (that was the whole purpose of moving rooms, remember?).... anyway, I hid my belongings went to my reunion. We had a great time at the Reunion. The food was delishious! The Party room was great. Very pleased with that experience. Many hours later we went back to our room, only to find that no one had come to open the safe.... which was a mute point at this time...we're back in the room to stay now. Ugg.

There is one really negative about this hotel that they cannot fix, but it is a design flaw for sure. You check in at the desk in a HUGE, beautiful lobby. But the elevators, instead of being right off the lobby, are located way, way down a long & winding hallway. The hallway's carpet was loose in places, the walls were dingy like the room walls. There are all kinds of doors leading outside up and down the hallways... not the safest feeling. (Yes, you had to have a key to get in, but anyone could hold the door open for others to get in & the front desk would never know).

I just get the feeling that this hotel is LONG overdo a facelift. They just don't seem to take much pride in the property. Simple daily maintenence is all that is lacking. If it's broke, fix it. If it's dirty, clean it. If a guest has an issue, tend to it. Simple.

The beds are those horrendous Sleep Number beds............. hard as rocks, never can get them comfortable.

I don't think we'd stay here again. As far as a meeting facility, it's GREAT. The restaurants food is good too. We had a free breakfast at the buffet... it was very good & the service was good too. They restaurant managment is working... the hotel management doesn't.

Just my .02 worth....

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Rick H, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Ft Worth - Fossil Creek, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2012

Wow!!! I appreciate the lengthy and thorough review of your stay experience at our hotel but I regret that it was not up to your expectations. Our rooms are always clean and our staff take great pride in the room presentation; most of our guests are very pleased with our product offereing and service but I realize that we did represent our true potential for you during your stay. For this, I apologize.

I do hope that you will reach out to me personally regarding this most recent stay or for future stays at our hotel. I take your feedback seriously and will personally address past issues with you and/or make sure future stays are the best that they can be. Thanks again for your feedback; I will share it with my management team.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

I got a great Priceline Express deal for this hotel. The location is near two highways, making it easy to get anywhere in the DFW area. There are plenty of Restaurants in walking distance. There's even a bar/club insure but it is on the opposite side of the rooms.

• Stayed: September 2012

Thank you so much for taking time to say some nice things about our hotel and staff!! I have already shared your comment with my team. I do hope you will return to our hotel and reach out to me personally before your next visit. I will make sure you get a complimentary room upgrade as well as another great stay experience. We're hospitality people who love people!!! Thanks again and look forward to seeing you at the Radisson soon!!!

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Before school started, I took my three grandchildren, 7, 9 and 10 to Fort Worth for a couple days of vacation. I chose the "fun package" for us. It was perfect. After visiting the Bureau of Printing and Engraving and a sporting goods store, we checked in for the night. Of course the kids loved the pool. After swimming we ordered our hot wings. The hot wings and fries were plenty for our dinner and it was relaxing to be served in our room. Everytime I needed assistance, the hotel staff were helpful. The next morning we had our fun package breakfast before we headed to the museums. The hotel was easy to find and to get to since it was right off I-35.

Room Tip: Try the fun package for the kids.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Rick H, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Ft Worth - Fossil Creek, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

I want to thank you for posting such nice comments abpout our hotel and our associates. I am so glad that you and the kids were able to enjoy Fort Worth and our hotel for your vacation getaway. please let us know when you will be returning to Fort Worth and we'll make your next visit extra special!!!!

Reviewed August 29, 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel to attend a couple of concerts at Billy Bob's. The service was great, the property was very nice, and it was also nice having the shuttle free of charge. The dance club on Saturday night was also a blast! We will definitely use this hotel in the future when we are attending concerts at Billy Bob's.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sherri B
Rick H, Manager at Radisson Hotel Ft Worth - Fossil Creek, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Thanks so much for your kind words about our property and our staff. We strive to do our very best for each of our guests, every stay. We look forward to serving you in the near future!!!

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Thanks to the Radisson staff for taking care of us! We took a group of church kids to the DFW area for a weekend a while back and stayed here. Hotel was a bit dated but clean--nothing out of the ordinary with the rooms, just typical hotel rooms. That factor, along with the fact that we had a large group, may be part of the reason prices were exceptionally reasonable. One in our party did not like the Sleep Number bed in his room. The front desk clerk was very accomodating and quickly re-assigned him a room with a regular bed. There was an incident with a gecko in one of the girls' rooms (which wouldn't have been an issue if it were in a boys' room!), but the staff quickly moved the little guy outdoors.For our needs, location was great. This property is about half way between the Cabella's/ Texas Motor Speed Way area and the cultural district in downtown Ft. Worth. Since we were visiting both areas, the location was really handy. If we ever get to do another trip like this, we will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Rick H, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Ft Worth - Fossil Creek, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Thanks so much for letting us know how much you enjoyed our hotel and staff!!! We are indeed a great place for an y group, be it business or leisure. I do hope we will get to serve you and your family again in the near future. Thanks Again!!

Reviewed August 19, 2012

This hotel was not expensive and I guess you get what you pay for. It is in need of a face lift. The room was clean and quiet. They had number beds which aren't my favorite. The pool was closed for renovation. The air conditioning control was disconnected from the wall controls so you had to use the controls on the air conditioner even though it told you not to do that. I ordered breakfast and they said they had no hash browns even though they were on the buffet.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Rick H, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Ft Worth - Fossil Creek, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

I want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. As the General Manager, I use all reviews to share our service levels with my entire team. I am sorry that there were some issues during your stay that caused your experience to be less than satisfactory. We are indeed in the middle of several upgrades to the property and the pool is one of them. I wish the front desk had shared with you that our neighbors across the street at the Holiday Inn had extended their pool to our guests. We're also going to check that room for the HVAC controls.

Again, I will share your comments with my team and I do hope that should you ever return to this area, you will contact directly so I can assure you a great stay experience.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Had lunch with a friend at your restaurant and it was an absolutely wonderful experience.
The food was amazing, and the service was out of this world! I will tell my friends about you!!
I am visiting the Meachum location next week. I think I will be a regular at this restaurant/hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business