“Great Staff And Customer Service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Fort Worth Downtown Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Sheraton Fort Worth Downtown Hotel
Ranked #27 of 110 Hotels in Fort Worth
Fort Worth, Texas
“Great Staff And Customer Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

Just returned from a convention in Ft. Worth where we stayed at the Sheraton. This was our second stay at this hotel. The staff at this hotel is so nice with great customer service training. It is an older hotel with some wear, but our room on the 9th floor was very nice with a downtown view. The bathrooms are small, but everything was very clean. We ate the BBQ buffet in the restaurant and it was very good. The only problem was a noise problem due to the walls in our room being way too thin. Our late night neighbors were very noisy. The location of the hotel is great for convention attendees.

Room Tip: 9th floor in South Tower
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
john y, General Manager at Sheraton Fort Worth Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, November 1, 2014
Thank You for the great feedback. I look forward to taking very good care of you the next time you are in Fort Worth.
John Y.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

From the moment we walked in to the Sheraton we were amazed by the treatment we received from the staff. Everyone was very friendly. They asked why we came to Fort Worth and we told them we were celebrating our anniversary. Jose (front desk) sent up fresh fruit and a bottle of wine. The staff greeted us every time we were in the lobby and asked how we were doing. From the woman who checked us in (I am sorry I can't remember her name), to Jose who also was our shuttle drive, Imani (front desk I know I spelled her name wrong), Denise (bartender) they were top notch. I also have to mention Chef Anna , we are vegan and wanted to order room service. Chef Anna spoke to us personally and prepared two amazing vegan pasta dishes. From the first few minutes upon arriving to our last few minutes at check out with Aulethia ( I think I spelled her name wrong too) we were amazed by the staff and knew on our next trip to Fort Worth we will be staying at the Sheraton.

I would have given the hotel 5 stars if we would have had a microwave and refrigerator in the room.

I rated the Spa as average because I am used to changing into a robe before relaxing in the relaxation room and being offered tea, wine etc. I am also used to receiving a foot soak while waiting for services. There were no robes to change into and I was only offered water. The staff was friendly but I like a little more pampering when going to a spa.

You will not be disappointed if you stay in this hotel. One last comment I really have to commend the staff one last time because there were multiple conventions, graduations, weddings and concerts going on in Fort Worth so the hotel was extremely busy but, I felt the hotel still cared about the individual traveler.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 922. Minimal noise could be heard from this room and it had a view of the Fort Wor...
Green Features: Very environmentally friendly you can leave a sign on your door to use a green approach ex. reusing towels and you get points to use for ex. a free coffee.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank You so much for the great feedback.....you won't find a staff that is more committed to your complete satisfaction !! I look forward to your next visit.
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

This hotel provided me with some of the best service I'd ever seen. Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful throughout, from the front desk staff to the bar staff to the club lounge staff. I was lucky enough to be upgraded to a suite and it was a beautiful room. The only thing I would say about this hotel is that it's a little older and the suite, while very nice, was smaller than some suites I've gotten in other hotels. Finally, the bathroom was very small with just a basic tub, something I would have hoped would have been a bit nicer being in a suite.

All in all though, I will definitely stay here again if my work takes me back to Fort Worth.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
I appreciate the great feedback....Thank You for your loyalty to the Sheraton Brand. I look forward to taking very good care of you the next time you travel to Fort Worth.
Huntington, West Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2014

I stayed at this property for two nights in May 2014 while attending a conference there. I was sold a double queen bed room for $119 per night. It was stated that this is a conference rate.

The property is located in downtown Fort Worth adjacent to the Convention Center. The exterior of the complex is bland and basically unremarkable.

Parking is available on-site in a garage. Self-parking costs $20 per day while valet service is available for $25 per day. Don’t use either as low cost on-street parking is readily available behind the property. While the spots directly behind the building are low time limited, spots at the edge of the property on 15th Street are free on weekends and also free between 6 PM – 8 AM on weekdays. Ten hours of weekday parking only costs $3.00. I’ll take $3.00 for twenty-four hours of weekday parking over $20 any day, and weekends are free! In short – skip the garage.

The lobby area is expansive and appears to be have been recently remodeled. Staff there consistently present themselves well and routinely greet guests while they walk through the space. This is recognized and appreciated. Check-in was flawless as all documents were correctly prepared prior to my arrival.

Elevator service was speedy with very little wait. Elevator cabs were found to be clean and in good repair.

Interior hallways were found to be clean, well lit and, excepting the well worn carpet, also in good repair. As noted by other reviewers, a musty smell is consistently noted in these spaces. I would assume that this is related to the overall age of the property. This should be a big target for management to attack. It borderlines on unacceptable.

The sleeping room was clean, but obviously worn. This was particularly noticeable in the carpeting and furnishings. They have seen better days. Lamp shades showed some evidence of dry rot cracking, furniture was chipped and worn and carpeting, well I always wore slippers. All electrical devices worked as advertised but there was a void of charging outlets adjacent to the bed and only two spots on the work desk. This is unacceptable to the business traveler arriving with lots of "gadgets". Bedding was of good quality/condition and accurately reflected the price point.

The bathroom was found to be clean and well stocked with amenities typical for the brand. Water pressure was more than adequate and delivery of hot water was speedy.

Conference services exceeded my expectations. Staff were engaged, kept meeting room spaces clean at breaks and generally aimed to please. Buffet food service was above average as compared to similar properties. Food was presented well, replenished frequently and service was attentive. I was more than pleased.

I travel frequently but don’t typically stay at Sheraton/Starwood properties. But given this overall experience I would not shy away from them. Yes, there are room furnishing and hallway carpet problems, but this could be, and should be, easily remedied - and in very short order. Looking at the property from a broader viewpoint, the positives outweigh its challenges by just a bit.

Room Tip: If any rooms are renovated - grab them.
3 Thank cburley
Thank You for the extensive review !! You will be happy to know we are scheduled for an 50,000 upgrade to our Wi-Fi system that will deliver 100Mbs of bandwidth for our guests, and a full hotel renovation that we are very excited about. I look forward to your next visit.
Los Angeles, CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

I stay in hotels 50+ nights a year. I can say with confidence that this is the worst property I've stayed at in the last 3 years. I've stayed here for easily 20 nights this year. Here is why:

1) the rooms are tired. Dirty carpet. Chipped furniture. Missing towel hook. Missing toilet seat cover. Old ac/heater that wouldn't turn off (not fixed when requested and no response by gm to email post stay). Dirty bathroom on my last stay. Bulbs out.
2) valet is slow - took forever to get the car and when it came back a few times it was covered in snow....I pay 25 a night for valet and they park it outside then make me wait?
3) laundry is never delivered - had to call and ask for it every time
4) Internet is horrible. If you need it, don't bother.

And lastly, things don't get addressed. When you get to your room you get a nice letter from the gm saying how they welcome feedback and want to exceed expectations. Yet why did at least two emails to the gm go unanswered? When I asked the staff about it they said he was away that day - not so....I saw him in the lobby. Most of the staff seem to try, and most are very friendly. But there are far too many fumbles here to ignore.

I stayed here because I had to. But you have a choice....don't do it.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank gooner_cb21rf
Thank You for your feedback. Please accept my apologies, and I hope you will contact me by phone or email to review your experience, and see what I can do to make the difference.
john Y.
817-806-3750
Midland, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014

After reading the reviews on Tripadvisor I was expecting it to be dirty and run down. The rooms are older but still clean and they are nice. They are currently doing some renovations and I expect it will be very nice when completed. The biggest complaint I have is there are not enough outlets to charge cell phones, ipads and such. We were traveling with 3 kids and each child had an electronic device that needed charging. We had to unplug lamps and even the TV in order to have enough. I hope this issue will be addressed in the renovation.

The location is close to Sundance Square but not walking distance, in my opinion. We used the hotel shuttle service to take us down there and to pick us up. There is also a trolley but it was raining that night and the shuttle was easier.

The indoor pool was clean and the kids really enjoyed it. There is a good sized hot tub as well.

You will have to pay to self-park ($20) and I think that is a bit high. I am not sure on the price for vallet. They guys down in the vallet area were not very helpful.

We did not eat at the restaurant at the hotel but did get drinks at the bar in the lobby area. This would be a great place to relax and have a few drinks before going out for the evening.

The spa looked nice and I hope to have a chance to visit there on our next visit to Ft. Worth.

We booked our room through a website where you "name your own price" and got a good deal. If I was paying full price, I would have rather stayed closed to Sundance Square. All in all, its a good, clean hotel and if able to get the same offer, will stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank You for your kind words and updates for everyone. We are very excited about the full hotel renovations that will make the difference here in Fort Worth. I look forward to taking very good care of you on your next visit.
Chicago
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2014

I will open up this review with a positive comment. The hotel responded to my SPG review and the General Manager was very nice. That being said, I personally would not stay at this hotel until the renovations that are scheduled have been completed. The hallways and guest rooms are in poor shape. The staff members were generally friendly and the lobby is clean. The internet connection was fast. However, for me, it was hard to get past the smell of the hallways. I would give this hotel another shot once the renovations have been completed.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
john y, General Manager at Sheraton Fort Worth Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, September 29, 2014
Thank You for your feedback, and hope you will give us an opportunity the next time you travel back to Fort Worth. Our complete renovations will start in July and will complete by December.
Please contact me by email or phone if I can be of service.